Tips or tricks for Flamethrower Brackenspore? Norm - Heroic

Okay so I am just looking for general guidance on what to do as the Flamethrower for Brackenspore. I get the basic of it, go to a pile of moss and burn it down. But is there anytime when I should do it, and any tricks on how to do it?

I have it macroed for easy access to it. And use my speed boosts to get in faster. But just coming here to see if there is anything I should know, and generally how to perfect it.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    We usually the moss go about halfway before we worry about it, then the one starts to burn back until they're at 75% heat. The other stays in reserve/switches with the other in case we get shrooms in moss.

(We try to keep him by the water for fast add pickup)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry about it until there are rather big clumps. If you can't get 8-10 patches in a go, I would just leave it be. After that pretty much use it when you're heat is about, and always keep just a tad in reserve in case you need to clear some moss that's in a really awful place.

Actually, the flamethrowers provide a strong buff for the users which can stack up to 30x. After the initial lust, you should go and start burning patches away and work your stacks up to around 10. A stack will drop off every 2 or 3 seconds. Go back to dpsing the boss, but go back to burning moss and try to get your stack over 20+. This plays a big part in getting him and his adds down.

I'm on flamethrower duty, and while I don't now how long it is into the fight, I'd say it's close to a minute before I even go and start burning moss. It's really not worth it to go sooner then when you can get at least between 12-15 stacks with one trip because it's an inefficient use of both your time and heat if you spend too much time being fussy. It's important to macro the ability to a keybind. Once you've done it a few times you'll find it's very easy to get a bunch of stacks burned in one go. Also best to try and time your big dps CDs for when you get back to the group so you can nuke the crap out of all the things. It's also important to coordinate with the other person on duty so you guys don't go for the same moss. A little over 20% of the total time is spent burning moss or making my way to/from burning moss.

As a hunter, there are a couple hunter-specific tips, as hunters are most commonly the ones doing this. The first one is posthaste, a tier 1 talent. You get a huge speed boost after you disengage and I've been able to clear out almost 12 stacks before the buff is even over with. You'll also want both aspect of the cheetah glyphs. The speed won't stack with posthaste buff but the constant movement speed through the whole fight is very helpful. You'll want to me MM for this fight, so you'll also want to try to time RF + on uses if you've got them for when you've got your full amount of stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I'm on flamethrower duty, and while I don't now how long it is into the fight, I'd say it's close to a minute before I even go and start burning moss. It's really not worth it to go sooner then when you can get at least between 12-15 stacks with one trip because it's an inefficient use of both your time and heat if you spend too much time being fussy. It's important to macro the ability to a keybind. Once you've done it a few times you'll find it's very easy to get a bunch of stacks burned in one go. Also best to try and time your big dps CDs for when you get back to the group so you can nuke the crap out of all the things. It's also important to coordinate with the other person on duty so you guys don't go for the same moss. A little over 20% of the total time is spent burning moss or making my way to/from burning moss.
    These are good tips. I'm still learning myself, but I try and do my burning just after the boss casts his aoe breath.

As far as 'perfecting' usage, I guess ideally you would want to have as many stacks as you can for when the Blue shrooms spawn. I haven't tried to use the gun to boost my own dps just yet though, still making sure I'm cooled down enough to deal with moss when I need to.

Use when there's a bunch of moss together so u can speed boost and get 10+ stacks. GG

Assign flamethrower to a hotkey (extra action button 1). Hit the hotkey then tap escape is the quickest way to cancel and you,ll save lots of energy.
    100 Subtlety Rogue - Barthilas
    100 Disc Priest - Barthilas

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't ever overheat, it'll stay at max heat for 10 seconds when you overheat it.

Edit: Okay just did flamethrower for the first time and discovered something interesting. There is a minimum heat cost per activation, if you cancel it before you reach that minimum it'll still heat up the remainder of the minimum. The minimum seems to be 10 heat per activation, so using it just to clear 1 patch is pretty inefficient, generally you'll want to use it for 3+ patches of moss.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2014-12-29 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    I always wait until the moss has started to grow quite a bit. Making sure I can stack up around 10-15 stacks on my first flamerun. As others have mentioned you should never ever overheat the gun. It will hurt your stack managment and obviously your dmg output.
    So;
    Wait until you have a nice bunch -> keep the stacks high -> Make sure to use CDS/2nd pot when you are as high as possible, preferably during a blue shroom.

go out after every infesting spores cast. by the time you get back in with your 8+ stack spore shooters will be spawning and you can wreck them with starfall/barrage etc. They should die in seconds to the flamethrower users and other cleave then you can dump into the big add. moonkins and hunters own at flamethrower

Deleted
    What sort of tricks allow you to do this still? Some ingame macros, or G15 keyboard macros or something? Seems like he has flamethrower on for 1 second and then it's cancelled, repeat over and over.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...22&view=events

/click ExtraActionButton1
    /stopcasting

This supposedly lets you tap once for a burst of flame. I tank so I haven't been able to flamethrower yet so I can't give you more tips on how to use it, but I'm sure someone else on the thread can.

Deleted
    That initial macro was fixed over a week ago. If you instantly cancel it with /stopcasting it gives you extra heat, but maybe it doesn't if it's on for a second or more first.

On heroic make sure you're near the green mushrooms during infesting spores. I've seen too many people out buring down moss taking damage and IS hits. then blamo, theyre dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /stopcasting

This supposedly lets you tap once for a burst of flame. I tank so I haven't been able to flamethrower yet so I can't give you more tips on how to use it, but I'm sure someone else on the thread can.
    Please delete your post, this is not true and will screw you over. this has been hot fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esapekka View Post
    What sort of tricks allow you to do this still? Some ingame macros, or G15 keyboard macros or something? Seems like he has flamethrower on for 1 second and then it's cancelled, repeat over and over.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...22&view=events
    I was curious about this myself seen as the log is from yesterday.

The other stays in reserve/switches with the other in case we get shrooms in moss.
    Last edited by menkupalme; 2014-12-30 at 08:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post

As a hunter, there are a couple hunter-specific tips, as hunters are most commonly the ones doing this. The first one is posthaste, a tier 1 talent. You get a huge speed boost after you disengage and I've been able to clear out almost 12 stacks before the buff is even over with. You'll also want both aspect of the cheetah glyphs. The speed won't stack with posthaste buff but the constant movement speed through the whole fight is very helpful. You'll want to me MM for this fight, so you'll also want to try to time RF + on uses if you've got them for when you've got your full amount of stacks.
    I second this, its how I asked our hunters to do it and I also had them switch to MM!