Deleted

[Enhancement] Witherbark's or Alchemist stone?

Simple question is whether to use alchemist's stone (+9x Mastery and Agi proc) or WBB (+Agi and Haste proc)

Thanks fellow shamans!

Edit. Other trinket is Skull of war

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    alchemist's stone

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple answer - sim yourself and compare.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Simple answer - sim yourself and compare.
    Im sure thats the same kind of response as the trade chat "google it", but this community helps out more than that. Some people are confused with simcraft and dont even know how to use it effectively. Using Simcraft for most...is not so "simple".

As for the trinket question:

This early in the tier you would get more bang for your buck with the alchemist trinket. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was the case in MoP as well no? Later, it'll lose its value, but this early, its still pretty decent and a good alternative.

Deleted
    Thank you buds!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    Im sure thats the same kind of response as the trade chat "google it", but this community helps out more than that. Some people are confused with simcraft and dont even know how to use it effectively. Using Simcraft for most...is not so "simple".

As for the trinket question:

This early in the tier you would get more bang for your buck with the alchemist trinket. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was the case in MoP as well no? Later, it'll lose its value, but this early, its still pretty decent and a good alternative.
    How is it hard, honestly.
    Even without touching anything concerning specific settings or calculating weights etc, simply equip the trinkets you want, log out, import your char from the armory - simulate. Log back in, equip different trinket - rinse and repeat, compare.

Not exactly rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    How is it hard, honestly.
    Not exactly rocket science.
    To you or I it might not be difficult at all, but to some it can be intimidating. Just pointing out that instead of saying something like "sim it yourself" just like "google it" can have negative effects and leave people with a salty taste in their mouth and not want to come back for help. You get more bees with honey i guess. He came for help, and we provided it with a simple answer...thats what these forums are for. EVERYONE can sim their character...but then what use are forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    To you or I it might not be difficult at all, but to some it can be intimidating. Just pointing out that instead of saying something like "sim it yourself" just like "google it" can have negative effects and leave people with a salty taste in their mouth and not want to come back for help. You get more bees with honey i guess. He came for help, and we provided it with a simple answer...thats what these forums are for. EVERYONE can sim their character...but then what use are forums?
    The most helpful answer in the long term and the short term is to sim it yourself however, for only simming will yield accurate results for your character right now, rather than guesswork from 3rd parties, and in the long term you'll know how to evaluate upgrades.

i think you're still missing my point. The response shouldn't be go sim yourself. He came here for help, not to have someone say "go away and do it yourself" basically. Some people might not have the time to learn simcraft or how to effectively use it. to do plot graphs. to change rotations in simcraft. Its much easier to come and ask a question for some of us that HAVE the time to answer it, can help him.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think you're still missing my point. The response shouldn't be go sim yourself. He came here for help, not to have someone say "go away and do it yourself" basically. Some people might not have the time to learn simcraft or how to effectively use it. to do plot graphs. to change rotations in simcraft. Its much easier to come and ask a question for some of us that HAVE the time to answer it, can help him.
    Unfortunately for that he would have had to supply an armory link at least, therefore any advice given is simply guesswork and probably not all that helpful.
    You need neither plot graphs or change anything to find out if an item is an upgrade in your current gear/spec.

Deleted
    Go with the alchemy stone.

While we are on a trinket discussion,
    I got an epic upgraded void touched totem (ilevel 634)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=114891/v...-totem&bonus=0

Is this a good trinket to have? Im assuming its great for AOE.