Enhance Cooldown Management (Lucky Coin, Pots, EM)

Hi Guys,

In the effort to maximize DPS, there's one aspect of the rotation that I've been struggling with - timing DPS cooldowns (Ascendance, FET) with my Lucky Doubled Sided Coin agility clicky and to a lesser extent Draenic Agility pots. I have a number of scenarios that I've been wondering about, and I'm not very familiar with how to Sim these situations out.

1.) Ignoring GCD's for a second, if I prepot and pop the trinket at pull along with FET and Ascendance and EM, I will be left with the following situation:

EM and Coin CD refreshes at 2m. 1m left on Ascendance, 30sec left on FET. At this point, should I wait 1m for Ascendance and FET and blow EM, Coin, FET, Ascendance, or should I just use EM and coin on CD?

2.) Management of Mark of Warsong and Bleeding Hollow procs. Should I be trying to align the above (EM, Coin, FET, Ascendance) combo with the weapon procs?

3.) For fights such as Imperator, should I save coin for the final phase, rather than syncing with the burn on the Gorian Reaver?

4.) In general, should I be waiting on EM and Coin to pop before I use LM if it's close enough?

5.) What's the protocol for timing EM when the fight starts with Lust? If I EM directly after Lust, it will not be synced with the trinket anymore, but it seems like a waste to wait another minute and 15 seconds after the Bloodlust to pop EM.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Deruvian

it also depends on if your using FeT glyph which i suggest if you have a Lucky coin. Popping coin+Em +FeT is a big dps increase. We still have great burst. For your later CDs, still hold coin and EM for FeT.
    As for weapon enchant procs, I wouldnt worry too much about them, think of them as a passive damage increase. They are difficult at best to line up with any of your CDs.

Heres an example of what i have set up for openers at least, but, things might change in that setup depending on if you have different talents

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthre...?t=7399&page=2

Thanks. That answers most of my questions. Few things i wanted to clarify more explicitly:

Is it worth waiting 10-15 seconds to pop liquid magma to line up with FET+Trinkets/EM?
    Should I generally be using ascendance on CD and not worry about them lining up?

Also, there are some instances where I hate LM, mainly on Ko'ragh and Imperator - the auto-target blowing up the adds makes it a huge liability. In cases like this, does it make more sense to spec into SET or EF, or should I just forgo using LM while those adds are up. On Imperator, I'm assuming that the DPS on the final phase adds outweighs the loss from not using during periods where the adds may explode on raid; for Ko'ragh, I'm not sure if the same upside exists.

LM on CD regardless of procs, you want to get off as many as possible. it does do a fair amount of damage but it should be THAT big of an issue for the adds. who ever is asigned to adds, are just aoeing without paying close enough attention to each individual health. Thats what I do. A tank and I do adds alone, i aoe, and single target down ones at low health so we dont have a lot blow up at once.

But, an easy fix for liquid magma targeting adds...use projection. drop totem, project it over towards the mages and it wont be in range of the adds. it is an annoying side effect of the 100 talent, it attacks targets you dont want it to, but you can easliy MAKE it by projecting it out of range of everything else you dont want it to attack and just inside the range of your target

If you are running coin+EM, would it not be better to macro with wolves and use on CD rather than FeT. Ofc this might change if you are running PE rather than UE, ?

Quote Originally Posted by Esrgoode View Post
    If you are running coin+EM, would it not be better to macro with wolves and use on CD rather than FeT. Ofc this might change if you are running PE rather than UE, ?
    My assuming when asking is that you're using PE and a glyped FET.

Quote Originally Posted by Esrgoode View Post
    Even if he didnt use PE OR a glyphed FeT, Fire Ele still does a lot more damage than your wolves. So its better to hold coin for FeT+glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    Even if he didnt use PE OR a glyphed FeT, Fire Ele still does a lot more damage than your wolves. So its better to hold coin for FeT+glyph.
    I agree, holding for Glyphed Fire Ele if you're using EM/Lucky coin combo feels like it's really strong, desyncing your cooldowns will likely be a net loss depending on the duration of the fight, and quite a significant one too.

Edit: Answered my own question.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    Edit: Answered my own question.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=118876

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I agree, holding for Glyphed Fire Ele if you're using EM/Lucky coin combo feels like it's really strong, desyncing your cooldowns will likely be a net loss depending on the duration of the fight, and quite a significant one too.
    So you would hold Coin/EM combo an addition 30secs to line up with Glyphed FET EVERY 2.5mins?

What do you feel about the H Captive Micro-Aberration trinket compared to the Coin? (I just got both this week, my other Trink is H Scales of Doom)
    I'm assuming the Coin is much stronger with an EM/PE build (which I prefer).
    Last edited by Vizslakane; 2014-12-30 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizslakane View Post
    So you would hold Coin/EM combo an addition 30secs to line up with Glyphed FET EVERY 2.5mins?

What do you feel about the H Captive Micro-Aberration trinket compared to the Coin? (I just got both this week, my other Trink is H Scales of Doom)
    I'm assuming the Coin is much stronger with an EM/PE build (which I prefer).
    Yes, I hold coin.

The other trinkets I believe it would depend on the fight. Short fights, imo, coin would be better since you can burst for more with it and burst a second time before the boss dies, I havnt really tested them against eachother, but Id assume H Captive Micro-Aberration would be a net gain on any sort of aoe encounter. Scales would be good for aoe as well, since each damage event of fire nova can multistrike(hence the reason they put a target cap on it) Quoting Hekili on totemspot: It mostly prevents gaming the system, and also keeps us from obliterating logs with 56 - 168 damage events per Fire Nova press with 8 Flame Shocks ( Fire Nova + multistrikes ). With 13 Flame Shocks, it's 156 - 468 events with a single key.

Coin was BiS preraid, and is still BiS in some situations

Deleted
    You glyph fire elemental according to fight length and uptime, it's not a baseline glyph. There is no cookiecutter build.
    Same counts for delaying other cooldowns/coin. For example at mythic butcher you want to delay your EM+coin till ascendance as the fight is only ~4min long and you want to finish the last 30% of the fight asap.

At mythic butcher you can go as far and go with a unglyphed fire elemental. Take storm ele and use that together with EM+coin+2nd pot at the 3min mark. As the fight is so short bigger cooldowns get more value. It's fun to abuse them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarod View Post
    You glyph fire elemental according to fight length and uptime, it's not a baseline glyph. There is no cookiecutter build.
    Same counts for delaying other cooldowns/coin. For example at mythic butcher you want to delay your EM+coin till ascendance as the fight is only ~4min long and you want to finish the last 30% of the fight asap.

At mythic butcher you can go as far and go with a unglyphed fire elemental. Take storm ele and use that together with EM+coin+2nd pot at the 3min mark. As the fight is so short bigger cooldowns get more value. It's fun to abuse them.
    This is great advice actually, ive just been lazy on the majority of our heroic fights because they dont require any thought anymore being farm content. But as for the rest of the fight lengths, Hekili put together a great plot on FeT and EM here All great info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    This is great advice actually, ive just been lazy on the majority of our heroic fights because they dont require any thought anymore being farm content. But as for the rest of the fight lengths, Hekili put together a great plot on FeT and EM here All great info
    Same with Mythic Tectus if your guild kills it within 4min, you could delay your 2nd EM+coin till the aoe phase, haven't tested if it's better than EotE.
    Mythic brackenspore seems to work with glyped ele+EM delay. You miss out on 1 EM but lining up the other 3 elementals with EM seems to outweights that.

How do you guys handle EM/Coin on fights that open with lust? Do you coin with lust and EM after lust drops and save coin to line up with EM after?

Also, on fights like Ko'ragh, should I be holding my CD's for the first bubble? I'd hate to lose a round of CD's in a fight due to waiting the extra min+ for the burn phase to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruvian View Post
    How do you guys handle EM/Coin on fights that open with lust? Do you coin with lust and EM after lust drops and save coin to line up with EM after?

Also, on fights like Ko'ragh, should I be holding my CD's for the first bubble? I'd hate to lose a round of CD's in a fight due to waiting the extra min+ for the burn phase to start.
    I've always opened the same way regardless of lust or not. The damage your CDs will do with trinkets/procs rolling at the same time will outweigh the lust in almost any situation, someone can correct me if im wrong