Current Survival Simcraft is Really Misleading

Looking at the 665 item lvl for Survival, Simcraft is stating 1584 Multistrike stats from gear. I'm currently 664 item lvl and have been trying to optimize multistrike over anything else and I'm still only at 800 multistrike from gear/enchants/gems. Seems like everything has a ton of crit on it, but harder to find multistrike.

People are going to look at Simcraft and be like "OMG NERF SURVIVAL" but there is no way in hell to get that much multistrike from gear right now.
    Last edited by Nopkplease; 2014-12-26 at 11:19 PM.

Go make T17A BiS profiles (available gear only) with 665 iLvl for every single healing, tanking and DPS spec in the game then you can start bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Go make T17A BiS profiles (available gear only) with 665 iLvl for every single healing, tanking and DPS spec in the game then you can start bitching.
    Sorry, I'm an engineer in real life, its what I do, pick stuff apart and look for flaws. It's my job not to be stupid and submit erroneous data.

Your IRL profession is pretty irrelevant.

They're not misleading. They are not even supposed to "lead" anything at all. https://code.google.com/p/simulation...tedProvocation

Quote Originally Posted by Nopkplease View Post
    Sorry, I'm an engineer in real life, its what I do, pick stuff apart and look for flaws. It's my job not to be stupid and submit erroneous data.
    Main issue here being, we know, we have known for a long time, and we have bitched about it already. Despite collecting a gearset for our class (hunter), and all it's 3 specs, they refuse to change it because no one is doing so for the other 10 classes. They're just as misleading as surv, as they also have access to foundry gear.

If you weren't stupid you'd see at the bottom you can look at the gear it uses. Not misleading at all you just aren't optimized. Its meant to show the max single target dps a spec can do on a patchwerk style fight with the best gear. Pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoey View Post
    If you weren't stupid you'd see at the bottom you can look at the gear it uses. Not misleading at all you just aren't optimized. Its meant to show the max single target dps a spec can do on a patchwerk style fight with the best gear. Pretty obvious.
    No. It's meant to be wrong and for someone who knows shit to fix it. My guildies constantly complain of the Affli/Ret profiles being shit, but are unwilling/unable to fix them themselves. I don't know anything about those classes, so I can't do it. Just an example of some profiles having a lot more potential (as the SV one turned out to be. Talents + APL changes of mine added 2.3k DPS to the Mythic profile yesterday).

It's just a tool for nerds to use to improve the APL's and figure out better ways to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Main issue here being, we know, we have known for a long time, and we have bitched about it already. Despite collecting a gearset for our class (hunter), and all it's 3 specs, they refuse to change it because no one is doing so for the other 10 classes. They're just as misleading as surv, as they also have access to foundry gear.
    There are mage profiles up already, I got hunter ones on my pastebin. Still leaves 8 classes, though, and not all of them have people willing to do this shiznit.

Oh, you are right! I'm going spend all weekend getting optimized in Blackrock Foundry!

No. It's meant to be wrong and for someone who knows shit to fix it.
    I actually have a hard time coming up with a response with how retarded that statement is. Yes its not always optimized and thats why its updates several times a day sometimes. Its meant to be wrong? uhhhh what I actually don't even. I DONT EVEN. I agree that its BEST use is for those of us that like to, to play with it and find better priorities and improve our play. But saying its meant to be wrong? lol okay.

Oh, you are right! I'm going spend all weekend getting optimized in Blackrock Foundry!
    So how is it misleading? Are you trying to say that survival is the only one dependent on a secondary? Its there to show a comparison at the item level. Theres a reason its 665 not 655. Besides anyone who just looks at simcrafts base posts and calls its good there shouldn't be considered in a conversation about where specs actually stand in performance. Use your own sim, your own character look into it more and play with it as this other kid says. If you are too lazy to and just jump to conclusions based on the generic settings you're going to end up doing shit wrong.
    Last edited by Hoey; 2014-12-27 at 12:56 AM.

I actually have a hard time coming up with a response with how retarded that statement is. Yes its not always optimized and thats why its updates several times a day sometimes. Its meant to be wrong? uhhhh what I actually dont even. I DONT EVEN. I agree that its BEST use is for those of us that like to, to play with it and find better priorities and improve our play. But saying its meant to be wrong? lol okay.

So how is it misleading? Are you trying to say that survival is the only one dependant on a secondary? Its there to show a comparison at the item level. Theres a reason its 665 not 655.
    They're there for the community to improve on. If they're not wrong, then they're perfect and the community has achieved its goal which is baaasically not going to happen. So yeah, as a baseline, they're "meant" to be wrong. Read the wiki I linked.

Go back to Tumblr if you literally can't even this.

They're there for the community to improve on. If they're not wrong, then they're perfect and the community has achieved its goal which is baaasically not going to happen. So yeah, as a baseline, they're "meant" to be wrong. Read the wiki I linked.

Just because he wants people to go through it and point out the faults doesn't mean its "meant" to be wrong. He wants you to point it out so he can fix it since its meant to be more on the side of correct.

"Please point out why its wrong so i can fix our code.. so it can be wrong."
    Last edited by Hoey; 2014-12-27 at 01:07 AM.

People take simms way to seriously. They are meant to be a tool for potentially improving your class or planning ahead on gear choices. They are not a "This is what your dps should be and what classes are better than others"

Simcraft and terrible attitudes seem to go hand in hand. What's so hard about telling the guy "It's known that it needs to be fixed/changed/whatever."

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Simcraft and terrible attitudes seem to go hand in hand. What's so hard about telling the guy "It's known that it needs to be fixed/changed/whatever."
    My first post did. In case it was somehow unclear, it implied that "fixing" the problem is totally possible, but a monumental task. A task which I took up like an hour ago: http://pastebin.com/u/Azortharion

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Damn Azor, you cray.

If you don't realize it by now, most randoms take thw simc frontpage as word of god. If its meant to be wrong, that's deliberately misleading and should just be removed. Start a movement, OP. Get all the theorycrafters in and fix the gear and action lists.

Unbreak the bible, or so to speak.

This has been an almost 7am post from a sleep deprived and game starved me. Take with salt. Large amounts of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff