Deleted

The Group Finder Guide for Imperator HC

Hello!

I play tauren warrior and used to raid in HC guild back in wrath (got two realm firsts). Now since i dont have much time anymore (GF and 3 shift job) i have decided to take my gameplay to the next level and i lead raids and get people from group finder tool.

Now many people say it sucks to get randoms, and its true but it can still be a way to progress any content excluding mythic ofcourse. I think the hardest possible ones to pug is Imperator HC and thats why i made this topic to help fellow leaders form their group as optimal as possible.

Group composition:
    2 tanks
    4 healers
    10 dps (each dps need to do 20k DPS atleast preferrably 22k+)

I think this is the best group composition to tackle it because even though with more people you take the higher chance of invidual failior but then again it brings alot more to the table and atleast i finded it the easiest to go for. 4 healers is must with this many people and some might even argue 5 but 4 was enough for us.

Tanks: You need to find 2 capable tanks because there is quite lot of stuff for tanks to do in this fight. If you want to use the best tactics for P3 you also need a warrior tank with leap or some other tank with some sort of blink.

Healers: You need preferrably 2 resto druids because tranquilities are so awesome in the transition phases if you time then correctly and not used at the same time. Also disc priest is preferred for the barrier when you cleave the small adds down but its not a must (didnt have one on kill). Then maybe holy paladin but resto shaman or mistweaver monk works fine aswell.

DPS: With DPS i think you can be little less picky just have even number of melee and ranged dpsers so u have both. What i would suggest though that you get one unholy DK who can help taking the anomalities down in intermission phases with tanks. Also some melee dps:ers with quick interrupts is good because u need to interrupt the warmages. Thats about it.

Lets get to the tactics:

P1 & P2: Have your ranged group stack at the right side of the boss throne in a big stack and tanks and rest of the melee near the throne infront of the boss. Use DBM pull and pull the boss out of the throne but keep it there for some initial burst so the melee dpsers dont have to move to the middle immediatly after pull. Then when you got some initial burst (10-15seconds) take the boss to middle and face it towards the raid so the arcane adds will spawn infront of the dpsers for easy targeting and instantly nuking it. Ranged group needs to move as mines spawn in clockwise direction around the big circle. Also ask all your dpsers to take the adds down as fast as possible since its doing considerable amount of dmg in heroic and you don't wanna waste your healers mana. Also vacuuming mines is not good and no mines should ever blow up during any of the phases or its basicly a wipe. On the branded debuff have your guy with debuff move out on 5th stack and using some protective cooldown on their own to avoid dieing on it. And tank with chaos debuff just runs away from raid just like in normal. Thats about it for P1 and P2.

First Transition phase:
    This is where the two warmages will spawn and anomalities from left side of the throne. Before the pull you should have marked skull pillar and cross pillar on the places warmages will spawn so no DPS:ers will start taking down the wrong warmage. Then just have both of your tanks and that unholy DK on the anomalities and rest of the people on the warmages. You need to take the warmages as fast as possible and interrupt them as much as u possible can. Also when warmage fixates on someone you need to move away from the group to avoid splash dmg to entire raid from the spells. After the warmages are dead kill the rest of the adds and if you have discipline priest make him do barrier and stack under it and just AoE them all down what are left alive (there shouldnt be that many alive).

P3: This is where the fight gets bit interesting. If you have that warrior tank you can still tank it middle for maximum dps on the boss and the add and when he is about to cast Chaos Debuff warrior tank taunts it and when hes casting it he uses leap and leaps as far as he can from the group. This way no one other than that tank has to move from the tank debuff. Melee DPS:ers might need to move a little bit if he can't leap far enough in that timeframe but if hes good he should be able to. Then just keep going as normal, kill the add fast etc and now you need to get rid of the debuff at 7 stacks.

Second Transition phase:
    This is the hardest part of the fight and you need to be really good for this to go well. In addition to the warmages the reaver will spawn from the middle of them and the other tank (preferrably warrior) takes the reaver and pulls it near to the right hand side of the throne (where the anomalities spawn) this way you can use both tanks on the reaver and when he kicks to the face you have other tank taunting it straight away and the anomalities go down a little bit too. (Use BL / Hero on reaver). After the reaver is dead the tanks + that unholy dk will keep smashing the anomalities while rest of you go to kill warmages. When both of the warmages are dead finish off the anomalities and

P4:
    Continue as normal again tanking it in the middle. This time get rid of debuff again at 5 stacks. When tank gets targeted by chaos debuff he runs to the corner just right of the throne that way the amount of balls needed to avoid is far less than usually (the balls will go inside the walls). And when you kill the arcane add he will spawn those smaller arcane adds. While they seem harmless they are far from it, they will hit 30k each to tank so ask for all the stuns and cleave abilties to get rid of them fast before they just instagib tank. I have heard you can kite them too but you can also stun them. If you got that right its a kill. Enjoy.
    Last edited by mmocd9ca5ac643; 2014-12-27 at 07:45 PM.

I think it would be more cool to write some cheese tactics with easy mode.

Start with 30, kick everyone who sucks and take 1-2 more healers than normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    I think it would be more cool to write some cheese tactics with easy mode.
    This is basically cheesing it.

Deleted
    thanks for the tips, just killed him in group finder.

no seriously I did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    thanks for the tips, just killed him in group finder.

no seriously I did.
    No probs, its easily doable in group finder if you just have some patience in your group since i can assure you its not gonna be 1-shotted. I wiped 4 hours there but my group almost all were there from beginning wiping with me.