Has anyone tried Arms on mythic butcher?

We are working on Tectus and then going to butcher next and I was wondering how Arms handled on the fight. Now I know fury is the shit for single targets damage, but as long as you beat the enrage timer wouldn't Arms execute phase damage be more advantageous for the group. Avatar and lust during executes screams Arms to me and I was thinking if you went into 20% around 24k if that is possible even then you could finish around 32k+. I imagine that if you lined up all your CDs nicely that you could hit like 175k burst during lust/reck executes.

SMF has probably the best execute phase in the game
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

SMF is the must play spec for this fight. Shits all over arms.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    SMF is the must play spec for this fight. Shits all over arms.
    nope. 31.xk glad on mythic as glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post
    nope. 31.xk glad on mythic as glad.
    I think it's about time you stopped trying to confuse people.

Nevar glad best spec

I'm still gonna stick with saying Glad is the strongest spec for Butcher. You pull just about as much dps as Fury, and you got the added bonus of not being able to die at all. This is far more valuable for Progress than a few % higher dps.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I'm still gonna stick with saying Glad is the strongest spec for Butcher. You pull just about as much dps as Fury, and you got the added bonus of not being able to die at all. This is far more valuable for Progress than a few % higher dps.
    omg my absolute homeboy right here. Glad bros.

Demoralizing shout is amazing.
    Last edited by Phovos; 2014-12-29 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP not having a 1h.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid46 View Post
    Avatar and lust during executes screams Arms to me and I was .
    Wait we have a reason to use Avatar? I'm assuming that though it's an overall DPS loss the idea is to get through the last 20% ASAP?

It's quite a big gain to use Avatar on Butcher. It has the perfect fight length to make it viable.
    My Stream

It's quite a big gain to use Avatar on Butcher. It has the perfect fight length to make it viable.
    Does that apply for Mythic only really? And do you combine it with Anger Management?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    Does that apply for Mythic only really? And do you combine it with Anger Management?
    Depends on your raids dps. Go with ravager since using anger management doesn't give you extra recklessness or avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Windehi View Post
    Depends on your raids dps. Go with ravager since using anger management doesn't give you extra recklessness or avatar.
    It applies to Avatar actually. along with Dragon Roar/Storm Bolt

Deleted
    And Reck, tbh.

Deleted
    I'm not sure but Windehi might refer to if you kill Butcher around 4 mins (which is what guilds are doing atm in mythic, not sure about heroic), where using AM does not give you a third reck/avatar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the Warlord View Post
    I'm not sure but Windehi might refer to if you kill Butcher around 4 mins (which is what guilds are doing atm in mythic, not sure about heroic), where using AM does not give you a third reck/avatar.
    Yeah that's what i meant.

Arms with 4 piece pvp set bonus seems legit win. The bonus is just ridiculous for fights like butcher.
    @sarri, please try it and share the results. I'm quite busy with tanking these days.

That would require me to do PvP, so I'll let someone who may enjoy that test it.

Regarding Avatar on Butcher, It's good due to it lining up perfectly with the Execute phase. Even with AM you'll only get to use 2x Avatars and Recks, so it's a useless talent for this fight, meaning Ravager wins by default.
    My Stream

I tried 4 pc pvp set for a bit before brackenspore testing it on trash and it seemed that it was only working with direct hits and not aoe damage ie standing in the flamethrower from the trash before brackenspore generated no rage, so i didn't test it further, but it would be cool if the bleeds and cleave off butcher did work. I will mess around with it in a pug later and see if it works on some fights.

As for arms on butcher, I tried it on heroic with a 3:50 kill and ended up with 32.5k but I was raid leading and cattle herding so I didn't realize that I didn't have avatar and my opener was shit (didn't even have ravager on my bar at the start, almost missed the pre pot trying to get people into their groups) and already being on tilt form that I messed up my execute cd window going into it with only 60 rage. So, with all that fixed and some of your guys gear I think you could pull 36k+ easily and I would like if one you hardcore mythic guys could log a well executed mythic arms kill for me to look at.