Is Weak Auras broken for Heroic Strike?

I am having a problem with weak auras, specifically when using Heroic Strike. When I select "action usable" it does not correctly disappear when the ability is on cooldown. Can anyone explain this or provide a work around?

Consider the following WeakAuras string:
    Code:
    dOczbaGlkYRbG5csnBuDBr2juTx1UPQ9dK(Ra)wudgigUGoifCmk05aOwiiAPaKfdLwovEQ0YakpNutfLjdfth5QaQUmX1jzZaITtr9zqnsaLhtPgna6WcDsqyyavNgY5PeJJs6BGKPbi9gNDrxi8K4as0wGgc7SxdTbSioISeaOmSscmKWQ0a8QVGzcCta2K1B6I5Iz2LNJyMDDzUm7MuCcnBA6srU4Pz3KItOzttxx0wMDtkoHMnnnDvEYHGHf3SRou4C8ysghkRtxNaJYEMLq5ISZ(lcZLjAkayIlJSbfKsoeaKl5qWWIB2LSekxnfjL(kMfpDnytOShuqaUoILlxLwc0HcNJhtYqEvEXS4PBur5RslbkpIgYRou4C8ysghkRtxVkXCiyyXPh340184gbkyGp9a

Try this

Code:
    dmJvcaGlOuVgk0mfjMRiYSj62KyNs1Er7Mu7xKAuck9xs63szOqjdwuz4uXbPsoLGIJbfDobvTqbAPqblMk1Yj8qrWtvwguLNdmvQAYs00PCrbjxvq0ZeK66q2SOQTlHlR6XqLPjOY3HQQrkiCyHgnuvgViPtkcnmruNg05fW4efFwsFtuAIj9CqUe12f5J4EsjIRPbj5YnucTaQyOvrx1LIBeaFCao8WozSdp2HMtHRKRKEoXRWM2hW5CqCnnNSflPNt0KNEofK0G0tJgNiI70ZPGKgKEA0OXH0MawRxqphW5szpQC2ZMHgNgP4fWA9ca74XfllHgSPJsvtaR1la0ZoM0ZzcyTEb9CwaNZbSOHaCi9lU24IiRXHaxfQlUaCgK7fxBCj0AYYg(1PZHLOvfhasNlSZ5szy4ai3V4AdlXZdtLByfQusHdbUkW5szpQCgKdPHgNJmg4coaY9lU2gkFEyQCQj4AE15DHbphcCvKgAmihW5szpQC2ZMHghsBcyTEb9CaNlL9OYzpBgA0OXzcyTEb9CwaNZbSOHaCi9lU24IiRX9IRnox4mytNoxibr3YZHaxfPHgdYHaxf4CPShvodYbCUu2JkN9SzOXbl58hyQH4Igex6CZeqmEACfSJz4WlzAKa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    I'm having a very similar problem, but with Sinister Strike as a Rogue. It doesn't have a cooldown, but requires 50 energy. Doesn't matter if I set the trigger to "action available" or "power >= 50", it still doesn't show up reliably when it's actually usable. It's as if Weak Auras is not checking this ability often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Try this

Code:
    dmJvcaGlOuVgk0mfjMRiYSj62KyNs1Er7Mu7xKAuck9xs63szOqjdwuz4uXbPsoLGIJbfDobvTqbAPqblMk1Yj8qrWtvwguLNdmvQAYs00PCrbjxvq0ZeK66q2SOQTlHlR6XqLPjOY3HQQrkiCyHgnuvgViPtkcnmruNg05fW4efFwsFtuAIj9CqUe12f5J4EsjIRPbj5YnucTaQyOvrx1LIBeaFCao8WozSdp2HMtHRKRKEoXRWM2hW5CqCnnNSflPNt0KNEofK0G0tJgNiI70ZPGKgKEA0OXH0MawRxqphW5szpQC2ZMHgNgP4fWA9ca74XfllHgSPJsvtaR1la0ZoM0ZzcyTEb9CwaNZbSOHaCi9lU24IiRXHaxfQlUaCgK7fxBCj0AYYg(1PZHLOvfhasNlSZ5szy4ai3V4AdlXZdtLByfQusHdbUkW5szpQCgKdPHgNJmg4coaY9lU2gkFEyQCQj4AE15DHbphcCvKgAmihW5szpQC2ZMHghsBcyTEb9CaNlL9OYzpBgA0OXzcyTEb9CwaNZbSOHaCi9lU24IiRX9IRnox4mytNoxibr3YZHaxfPHgdYHaxf4CPShvodYbCUu2JkN9SzOXbl58hyQH4Igex6CZeqmEACfSJz4WlzAKa
    Thank you for the suggestion; however, this too does not work. The aura continues to appear even when HS is on CD.

Having worked on some of the warrior ability tracking recently, the explanation is probably that warrior abilities feel archaic, and the API probably returns the wrong stuff. Like, say, how they use stacks of a buff to work as "charges" for some abilities, and the standard charges API returns "nah, mate, this doesn't use charges".

I would suggest having a poke around with /dump on the relevant APIs and figure out what the cooldown, charges, etc, returned information is so you can figure out what is needed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Barotar View Post
    I am having a problem with weak auras, specifically when using Heroic Strike. When I select "action usable" it does not correctly disappear when the ability is on cooldown. Can anyone explain this or provide a work around?
    I imported your string and it works fine for me. Is your WeakAuras up to date?

You can also try this string. It does the same thing only slightly different triggers:
    Code:
    dqJJcaGlOkVweY(ebMPOWCfPmBHUTG2Pa7fTBQSFqLFkIYFHYVP0qfvnyOsdxshucoLiuhJICoOQwifSurQwSeA5s9qrjpvzzIkpNKPsvtgqtN4IIGUSQRd5XuuBMcTDaomiddQyAIi9DqzKIenoqvJwKW4fjDsrr3seXPj15LOpd0Oer13eLAAIEonxMo5TriZpTmnBDQ0kuuh1sjw6wq0XkewePsbNIlhE4Gh(4bpxihqoG0Z1huBD(Y650MToUOfci9CTnE65crrrtpfkCcu8oHEUquu00tHcxdz(0ZfIIIMEkuOWHCsRbbFtpNQ(ymak8miB4PWvMmJgvxyqsmHpoCouOV1GGVvmihheqGArBDqrmP1GGVv0Zat0ZjTge8n9Csz9CkbsqkoK7aUt4GqILRAH9gZwFdj2MlbCi1XQwyVPbUd4oHlVf2BofQ4bCNKVVrDQClFcZidUQf2BPSEgyId50cxncv(MtHkEa3jdz0OovoSSkmp28fs3ZHuhd50cnWHuhRAH9wkRNg4QwyV5YHpfoKtAni4B6PqHcN0AqW30ZjL1ZPeibP4qUd4oHdcjwoK6yAhG3QtdChWDcxwwBeOfMdoCZ3wW(kfC4M8vFmMyoK6yiNwObov9Xyau4zq2WZHuhtvFmgafEAGcNgiN)kblLVTAZWH7KwNOtHdadmL0C4qHea

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post

You can also try this string. It does the same thing only slightly different triggers:
    Code:
    dqJJcaGlOkVweY(ebMPOWCfPmBHUTG2Pa7fTBQSFqLFkIYFHYVP0qfvnyOsdxshucoLiuhJICoOQwifSurQwSeA5s9qrjpvzzIkpNKPsvtgqtN4IIGUSQRd5XuuBMcTDaomiddQyAIi9DqzKIenoqvJwKW4fjDsrr3seXPj15LOpd0Oer13eLAAIEonxMo5TriZpTmnBDQ0kuuh1sjw6wq0XkewePsbNIlhE4Gh(4bpxihqoG0Z1huBD(Y650MToUOfci9CTnE65crrrtpfkCcu8oHEUquu00tHcxdz(0ZfIIIMEkuOWHCsRbbFtpNQ(ymak8miB4PWvMmJgvxyqsmHpoCouOV1GGVvmihheqGArBDqrmP1GGVv0Zat0ZjTge8n9Csz9CkbsqkoK7aUt4GqILRAH9gZwFdj2MlbCi1XQwyVPbUd4oHlVf2BofQ4bCNKVVrDQClFcZidUQf2BPSEgyId50cxncv(MtHkEa3jdz0OovoSSkmp28fs3ZHuhd50cnWHuhRAH9wkRNg4QwyV5YHpfoKtAni4B6PqHcN0AqW30ZjL1ZPeibP4qUd4oHdcjwoK6yAhG3QtdChWDcxwwBeOfMdoCZ3wW(kfC4M8vFmMyoK6yiNwObov9Xyau4zq2WZHuhtvFmgafEAGcNgiN)kblLVTAZWH7KwNOtHdadmL0C4qHea
    Nope. Still doesn't work! It's so odd. I have tried with Druid Maul (which is basically the same thing), and it works fine. The issue is not that the Aura doesn't appear. It does. However, when I have enough rage (60+) for multiple applications of Heroic Strike, it doesn't disappear when HS is on cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Having worked on some of the warrior ability tracking recently, the explanation is probably that warrior abilities feel archaic, and the API probably returns the wrong stuff. Like, say, how they use stacks of a buff to work as "charges" for some abilities, and the standard charges API returns "nah, mate, this doesn't use charges".

I would suggest having a poke around with /dump on the relevant APIs and figure out what the cooldown, charges, etc, returned information is so you can figure out what is needed here.
    I'm sorry; I'm not sure what that means? Could you please elaborate?

I'm sorry; I'm not sure what that means? Could you please elaborate?
    The pre-built status triggers in WeakAuras are just wrappers over the underlying lua api; my recent experience with (fury) warrior abilities suggests that many of the standard mechanisms (eg: charges) are not used for warrior abilities, and instead you need to, eg, monitor stacks of a buff to find out how many charges are available.

So, while you are building your little addon to track heroic strike you may need to ignore the standard status stuff and figure out what the actual mechanism for tracking it is, for which I suggest grabbing the API, getting HS into the state you want, and just looking at what is returned from the various places. Then you can either write a custom trigger, or use a status trigger that matches whatever the game returns.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    The pre-built status triggers in WeakAuras are just wrappers over the underlying lua api; my recent experience with (fury) warrior abilities suggests that many of the standard mechanisms (eg: charges) are not used for warrior abilities, and instead you need to, eg, monitor stacks of a buff to find out how many charges are available.

So, while you are building your little addon to track heroic strike you may need to ignore the standard status stuff and figure out what the actual mechanism for tracking it is, for which I suggest grabbing the API, getting HS into the state you want, and just looking at what is returned from the various places. Then you can either write a custom trigger, or use a status trigger that matches whatever the game returns.
    TL;DR inconsistent implementations on Blizzard's end can make WeakAuras inconsistent too.

But it sounds like what you suggest is far over OP's head.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    I don't know how it's even possible, but it seems my issues with Sinister Strike was something similar. Action Usable and Power Statuses did not update fast enough, so I wrote a simple custom trigger (if UnitPower("player") > 49) as status trigger to update every frame, and now the aura works perfectly.

I might just stick to custom triggers from now on, feels more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    TL;DR inconsistent implementations on Blizzard's end can make WeakAuras inconsistent too.

But it sounds like what you suggest is far over OP's head.
    Yea...woooosh. Way over the head.

Yea...woooosh. Way over the head.
    Sorry, I kind of assume that anyone who grabs WA to solve problems is planning on having enough lua knowledge to write custom triggers, etc. Which it seems is probably not the best assumption to make.

Hey I have an interest in this as well.

I've created several weak aura ICONs that basically make up a re-done action bar at this point.
    Included are icons that display GCD swirl timers when abilities on the GCD timer are actually on GCD.
    I believe what me & the OP are look for is to create a indictator that represents the Heroic Strike GCD (because recall: Heroic Strike is off the Global Cooldown).

I've tried to create a Trigger that goes off Cooldown, off GCD with Heroic Strike as the trigger spell, and some other event options but NOTHING works!
    Has anyone found a solution to getting a swirl-GCD type WeakAura Icon / some sort of indicator of the CD or off GCD timer (the same thing you get on your ACTUAL action bars when you use Heroic Strike/other off GCD moves)?

- - - Updated - - -

Code:
    I also tried this, and the behavior of this code is:
    -Shows when Heroic Strike is usable
    -Ignores and CD elements to Heroic Strike
    -As long as you have enough rage & Heroic Strike is usable, the icon will show

Instead, is there something that can trigger for the 1.5~1.4s CD (Unique GCD) to Heroic Strike.

Still unresolved as far as I know.

Hey Guys,

i do have the same problem with Sinister Strike. Just found this Thread.
    Tobberoth mentions a solution, using a custom Trigger with "(if UnitPower("player") > 49)", but i have no idea how the trigger is written correctly in LUA.
    Can anybody post me the whole function?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://pastebin.com/38PhVCxA

This should work.

I know this is a realllly old necro, but it was never resolved and someone might want it.

edit: https://www.townlong-yak.com/waco/ - use this to see the LUA code without having to load the aura
    Last edited by Krazyito; 2015-10-23 at 09:18 PM.

Code:
    I have had similiar problems, with some abilities across hunter, warrior and warlock.. they have all been temporary problems, that just one day fixed it self.. in the same way, when shared with other people, my auras were working fine.

EDIT: Didn't see this was a old topic, before I had posted..
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon