Deleted

personal opinion about improving Arcane for pvp (stressless & mor effective)

Arcane Blast:
    1 charge) instead of +50% damage, +25% dmg and speed
    2 charges) instead of +100% dmg, +50% dmg and speed
    3 charges) instead of +150% dmg, +75% dmg and speed
    4 charges) instead of +200% dmg, +100% dmg and speed (double damage and half casting time)

Arcane Missiles:
    - always active!
    - instead of generating arcane charges, it consumes all of them (damage increased per charge)

Arcane Blast:
    - huge damage
    - 15 seconds cooldown
    - doesn't consume arcane charges (always same damage, no multishot)
    - it will be a good opener (powerful instant cast)

I think arcane barrage should do more dmg if it hits one target only.

Also it should do 100% to each target it hits and perhaps they should make it work better a lot of the time its hitting 1 guy, yet theres 2 others right nearby
    Last edited by dreaderus; 2015-01-25 at 01:33 AM.

As long as 1 interupt can lockout our most important CC and Anti-CC abilities, Arcane won't be good in PvP. It's made even worse with almost everything Arcane does having a cast time.

Edit:

To add the fix might be a "neutral"(4th) category for our CC spells. You could still interupt Polymorph cast which would lockout our CC spells, but wouldn't lockout Arcane spells. And it would make lockouts be equal for all 3 specs. Now sure a new category might need some implemention from Blizzard, but if they want Arcane ever to be serious in PvP it is sort of needed.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2015-01-24 at 11:03 PM.

I think OP has arcane blast there as the 3rd item instead of barrage

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    As long as 1 interupt can lockout our most important CC and Anti-CC abilities, Arcane won't be good in PvP. It's made even worse with almost everything Arcane does having a cast time.
    That is the problem.
    Arcane damage is actually pretty strong, way better than frost in bgs where people never interrupt.
    However, in arena you can not do anything as arcane. You can not do dmg and u can not cc.
    Even if you get a sheep, u are punished too harshly for getting kicked, as your arcane stacks drop. And no being able to do anything for 4sec everytime u get kicked just means that u are effectively silenced all the time.
    Arcane also has no chasing mechanic, u can never kill someone in an arena with LoS pillars. As frost, you have slows and stun while you do dmg and u can move while you do dmg. As arcane, you have to stand to get a cast off = bad.

Changing the rotation from "balance mana near 100% by alternating procs and blast" to "Stack to four, cast missiles, repeat, cast barrage on cooldown" is something I really wouldn't enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Changing the rotation from "balance mana near 100% by alternating procs and blast" to "Stack to four, cast missiles, repeat, cast barrage on cooldown" is something I really wouldn't enjoy.
    I agree about the interrupts problems, but I dislike and find it stressing to reach 4 stacks of charges and hope everytime that missiles get activated. I'm still at low lvls though

Higher item level won't really boost your missiles proc rate, apart from if a set bonus affects it.
    I just find the fact that your rotation is not static and requires a (fairly small!) amount of forethought far more engaging than a set rotation.

With your changes Arcane gameplay would literally be:

Burn Phase:

Cast Arcane Barrage on cooldown.
    Cast Nether Tempest at four stacks / Cast Supernova at two stacks or high mana.
    Cast Arcane Blast until 50% mana.
    Evocate.

Conserve Phase:

Cast Arcane Barrage on cooldown.
    Cast Nether Tempest at four stacks / Cast Supernova at two stacks or during a proc.
    Is evocate back? Start burning.
    Cast Arcane Blast at > 93% mana.
    Cast Arcane Missiles < 93% mana.

This isn't an engaging priority list.
    In fact, it's quite likely that as you are proposing reducing the maximum damage of Arcane Blast by 100%, we wouldn't even have a burn phase as it would quite likely be a loss of DPS compared to a regular 4 stack Arcane Missiles at high mana, which means you wouldn't even use half of that.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2015-01-25 at 03:58 PM.