Scabbard and 6.1 changes

With Avatar being changed to a 1.5 min CD is it worth it to pick up a Scabbard? I most likely won't be raiding Mythic BRF and I've heard that Scabbard is about on par with heroic BRF trinkets.

Deleted
    it depends. for fury it might be combined with 691 tectus trinket. (tbh i dont think that avatar will be go to talent even with this buff}

for arms its hard to decide what and where. It's hard to predict what that morons will do with ARMS. they alrdy shown up that they have no idea what to do. Buffing then few days after nerfing. Slam is alrdy after nerf now they decide (WOW SRSLY) to buff it. they decision making is srsly ridiculous.

If u can have it cheap i would take it cause it should improve ur dps. and that is what u want when next instance comes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmlskilles View Post
    it depends. for fury it might be combined with 691 tectus trinket. (tbh i dont think that avatar will be go to talent even with this buff}

for arms its hard to decide what and where. It's hard to predict what that morons will do with ARMS. they alrdy shown up that they have no idea what to do. Buffing then few days after nerfing. Slam is alrdy after nerf now they decide (WOW SRSLY) to buff it. they decision making is srsly ridiculous.

If u can have it cheap i would take it cause it should improve ur dps. and that is what u want when next instance comes live.

Actually, Avatar will become baseline.

Deleted
    Scabbard is worth every penny, and if the changes stay live then it will only be even better.

It's by far the bis trinket for cm's, it's bis for raids, it's a really good trinket and if you have the gold sitting there doing nothing then invest it and enjoy it

I went ahead and bought one. The only thing is I'm trying to sim my character and I'm simming 3k lower than when I simmed my Heroic socketed Bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Baseline. As in, no need to talent in it ? Or as in, the definite go-to talent ?

Bladestorm and add fights (aka 5/7 Highmaul) say hello.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Bladestorm and add fights (aka 5/7 Highmaul) say hello.
    Well 6.1 is after HM, but I was referencing ST fights.

I'm actually curious about Scab's viability for Fury *right now*. I know what it can pull off for arms, but I hate playing it and avoid it unless it's absolutely a make or break for M progression with my guild. Askmrrobot has been doing a ton of simming and have all the secondaries extremely close in line with one another for Fury, I'm rocking 670 Skull and 676 Tectus's Beating Heart, robot has Scabbard listed slightly worse than the Skull for me, personal simming shows it around a 2k loss.

I bought a well priced Scabbard last night in anticipation of Scabbatar usage in 6.1, and don't plan on equipping it before then unless there's a significant dps gain to be had from it as fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    I'm actually curious about Scab's viability for Fury *right now*. I know what it can pull off for arms, but I hate playing it and avoid it unless it's absolutely a make or break for M progression with my guild. Askmrrobot has been doing a ton of simming and have all the secondaries extremely close in line with one another for Fury, I'm rocking 670 Skull and 676 Tectus's Beating Heart, robot has Scabbard listed slightly worse than the Skull for me, personal simming shows it around a 2k loss.

I bought a well priced Scabbard last night in anticipation of Scabbatar usage in 6.1, and don't plan on equipping it before then unless there's a significant dps gain to be had from it as fury.
    There is- it's better than skull or mythic bottle.

Deleted
    There is not a lot of single target fights in Brf actualy. on 2targets arms still bloodbath > buffed avatar

The "Cookie-cutter" baseline spec is always the single target patchwerk spec. After we've established how to spec to maximize single target we then go and branch out into Cleave, AoE, Burst, etc. Avatar seems like it will become a lot stronger, but depending on how well Scabbard is going to fair against the other trinkets it may or may not become stronger than BB for a patchwerk fight.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmlskilles View Post
    There is not a lot of single target fights in Brf actualy. on 2targets arms still bloodbath > buffed avatar
    Baseline always refers to a basic build for a theoretical ST fight. It's a guideline and testing tool. Than you can compare changes for different fight styles to it to see how things do. It doesn't mean you'll always use Ava.

as another poster said, i sim lower with scabbard than I do with heroic heart and mythic bottle. ive tried to change out both and ive found the most dps from mythic bottle and heroic heart with second going to mythic bottle and scabbard. Last place was heroic heart and scabbard which goes against what just about everyone "says" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    as another poster said, i sim lower with scabbard than I do with heroic heart and mythic bottle. ive tried to change out both and ive found the most dps from mythic bottle and heroic heart with second going to mythic bottle and scabbard. Last place was heroic heart and scabbard which goes against what just about everyone "says" lol.
    Probably because you didn't properly change the sim profile which is what you have to do if you want to get anything close to reality.