Thread: T17 set bonuses

T17 set bonuses

Will these be worth getting in normal if the pieces I'm replacing are Mythic highmaul pieces?

I know the secondarys are really good on tier but is it worth gaining the secondarys and the set bonuses while losing so much strength?

Asking for both arms/fury.
    Last edited by Moarkai; 2015-01-25 at 05:10 AM.

Item - Warrior T17 Arms 2P Bonus - Colossus Smash now generates 30 rage.
    Item - Warrior T17 Arms 4P Bonus - Colossus Smash has a 40% chance to reduce the cooldown of Mortal Strike by 50% for 10 sec.
    Item - Warrior T17 Fury 2P Bonus - Raging Blow critical strikes have a 20% chance to activate Enrage.
    Item - Warrior T17 Fury 4P Bonus - While Recklessness is active, your attack speed and critical strike chance increase by 6% every second.
    I don't play Arms, but I can talk about Fury.

The 2P looks really really nice, and I'm looking foward to never having downtime. The 4P bonus improves Warrior burst which I guess is nice. I can't see the 4P affecting much other than making Anger Management/Avatar look more apealing.

Arms 2pc is ~4% damage and 4pc is ~5%.

Fury 2pc is ~2% and 4pc is ~7.5%.

My arms sims were done before the mastery buff and nerf for what that's worth. Also the gain from Fury's 2pc rises when fighting more than 1 target up to a max of 5.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1pg1w7398...C2m3NUuoa?dl=0

To answer your question, heroic tier bonuses will be worth replacing your mythic gear for. Without testing anything, I am not sure about normal tier.
    Last edited by Smittzz; 2015-01-25 at 07:06 AM.
    Warrior - Smittzz
    Rogue - Smittzzy
    Death Knight - Smittsy

Most classes will see a shift in dynamic functionality with the addition of the set bonuses.

For fury, the first set set bonus lowers the need for crit and the second bonus ties even more damage into your recklessness and avatar combo. You'll be doing very mediocre damage most of the time, and then a incredible amount of damage for 15-20 seconds when your cooldowns come back up. This skyrockets the value of Anger Management which further on skyrockets the value of haste and being able to spend/gain as much rage as possible in order to get recklessness and avatar back up again. You're also wearing two very powerful RPPM trinkets that also proc more frequently the more haste you have. Basically, stat weights will change depending when you get certain items and bonuses.

For Arms the set bonuses aren't as exciting, but do help with a few quality of life things. Whirlwind does very crappy damage and isn't buffed by mastery at all, so being able to dump your rage into more mortal strikes through the first set bonus is a win-win in most situations. Colossus smash generating rage instead of having a cost doesn't really change much. We're still gonna pool and sit on about 60-70 rage constantly, preparing to execute or the first set bonus to proc. Overall the set bonuses for Arms aren't very exciting, but the trinket from Flamebender basically has the value of a legendary item for the spec. Execute and Mortal strike already hit hard, but with the trinket up they get magnified into the stratosphere and the difference between a warrior who has it and someone who doesn't will be humongous.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2015-01-25 at 07:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    For fury, the first set set bonus lowers the need for crit...
    Would it not increase it? Sure, we are going to have a higher Enrage uptime, but the fact that the proc is tied to crit should outweigh that, no?

So I'm assuming if heroic tier bonuses would replace mythic it's an easy assumption that normal tier to 4 pieces would easily replace heroic highmaul gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    Would it not increase it? Sure, we are going to have a higher Enrage uptime, but the fact that the proc is tied to crit should outweigh that, no?
    Crit is by no means a bad stat, but we're entering an era where it isn't necessary (on average) to get more in order to be enraged when you need to. After establishing that enrage has a high enough uptime, the next thing to work towards is getting all your cooldowns and trinkets back as soon as possible which is done through Haste and Anger Management.

Personally I have a hard time taking fury seriously as a real alternative when I know that Arms' executes will be hitting in the millions per global cooldown. Maybe that's just a personal thing tho.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2015-01-25 at 12:44 PM.

I sincerely doubt haste is going to be the go-to stat for any of the two speccs. Not saying you should sit at 0 haste, that'd be almost as bad as stacking it, but there is no doubt in my mind that increased ragegain through crit with the added benefit of raging blows for fury is going to outweigh the slightly lower cooldown on MS/BT, especially considering haste doesn't even affect the wild strike global.

That being said, if you have proper itemisation you'll have haste on perhaps 3-4 items with BRF itemisation, so no real use even discussing it.

Deleted
    So am I missing something crucial here, or has Gladiator Stance been completely overlooked when it comes to the set bonuses for T17?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicterion View Post
    So am I missing something crucial here, or has Gladiator Stance been completely overlooked when it comes to the set bonuses for T17?

Shield Slam has a 8% chance to automatically cast Shield Block or Shield Charge. 2p

Shield Charge increases the damage of Heroic Strike, Slam, and Revenge by an additional 20%. 4p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Shield Slam has a 8% chance to automatically cast Shield Block or Shield Charge. 2p

Shield Charge increases the damage of Heroic Strike, Slam, and Revenge by an additional 20%. 4p

Ok, was reading old versions of the set bonuses, thank you for the clarification!

something I noticed was that it says Slam not Shield slam. Now considering prot doesn't have slam I'm guessing it's a typo but I hope it by some chance wasn't coded to increase slam's damage.

It's a typo on WoWhead if that's the case. It says Shield Slam on the PTR and it's functioning just fine.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    according to this set boni comparison list, our set boni looks quite nice

(cant post link, so copy/paste. its a list which compares all classes set boni dps wise)

docs.google. com/spreadsheets/d/1abTQSCyw7_psGtUruGwbjnKbt_wXmdDx627SdXebru4/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=0

Has anyone simmed the dps increase this gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Has anyone simmed the dps increase this gives?
    4 piece was about a 7% increase. Will link source in a sec

profiles : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ph8vpmm8a4...ults.html?dl=0
    Not sure if talents are accurate, just quickly used default mythic profiles
    Last edited by Smittzz; 2015-01-26 at 11:48 PM.
    Warrior - Smittzz
    Rogue - Smittzzy
    Death Knight - Smittsy