6.1 Garrison Plans

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

- Inn/Barn combo on all characters. Skinning follower will be permanently assigned for double Savage Bloods.

- 3-5 max scavengers, dropping 1 or 2 to make room for Treasure Hunters. Use GR to dump into trait reroll tokens for Treasure Hunter. Won't be rerolling any of my epic mount followers, and once there's an "optimization guide" I'll look to reroll abilities a bit to shape them to what's used the most

- Will deactivate a couple of epic mounts to make room also, potentially more when I'm done leveling followers again

- 8ish THs total, maybe even 10. Will take some time but I plan on using the Inn for this.

- BRF mission has 7 counters now, but I feel like Garona and Harrison Jones will trivialize it. We'll see. It might be wise to reroll Garonas abilities every so often if you get a bad set of counters.

- Will be using Apex/honor/bunker for bonus rolls.

- If the gold obtained from crafting armor drops too low, will look to change more small buildings out to Storehouses or Alch/Enchanting.

- Will be keeping a 90-94 follower activated permanently for the gold/Scav missions. I haven't seen anything yet about nerfs to gold from missions.

- Follower limit is still 25 with Barracks, and we have new followers coming, so planning out which ones to reroll and deactivate

The 7 counters actually isnt that bad. I was messing around with them on PTR just now. The mission popped as soon as I had 2 followers at 660 or above, and best I could do with maxing ilvl for the three was 90%. I rerolled one until I got the proper environmental counter (orc mission) and then I rerolled another until I got Child of Draenor, since the one I had just rerolled was an orc. That was enough to put me at 100%. So I think that the BRF missions will be trivial enough with some carefully targetted rerolling even without Harrison or Garona. I'm betting Garona is immediately obtainable either, suspect she'll be part of the reward from completing Chapter 3 of the Legendary quest line (if anyone knows any better, please educate me!)

I'm really appreciating the ability to target either just traits or abilities for rerolls. Will minimize the need to recruit and level every single week and hope to god the right counters pop. Now it'll be a matter of recruiting the right classes so you have the possibility to reroll abilities until you get what you need.

7 counters might be a problem but if you look at the old missions they had 6 counters although at least one of the mission had 1 impossible counter unless you had a brewmaster monk so you only really be able to counter 5 out of 6 and had to make up the last with bonuses.

With 7 counters you might be able to make 6 and 1/7th left with bonuses. So 1/7th should be easier than 1/6th to make up with bonuses.

Safe to say Child of Draenor will work on Garona, but as an Alliance player I'm hoping we can use Ally of Argus. IMO you should have a couple racial followers intended for Garona.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/follower=466/garona-halforcen

This is what she can roll, so it'd be a good idea to plan out a couple followers to cover Group Damage/Minion Swarm/Magic Debuff/Wild Aggression, ideally with the racial too

Since we're on the topic, here's Harrison Jones:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/follower=465/...ones#abilities

He's still effectively a DPS, but oddly enough he has one different ability for Horde and Alliance
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-01-25 at 04:59 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    It will have to be evaluated but I'm not sure stacking Treasure hunters will be worth it compared to stacking Scavangers. If optimized most of the big scavanger missions now score me either just below or slightly above 1000 resources. That roughly translates into a stack of whatever is costing 20 at the trading post. As long as that in turn translates to more then a couple of hundred golds scavenger will still as far as I know now be better or more valuable then a straight gold follower mission. The exception for this might be Blingatrons Vault which grants 500g, cat scratch is 225g etc at the moment if im not incorrect. Most others are less then 100g. Still on my server even a tripplet TH of blingatron wont buy you a rare gem. So Blingatrons mission, if there are not many or any new similar once will probably not be worth it.

Will TH stack with Mythic+ follower missions (the once where you get a box and gold)? Then that might be interesting to ofcause.

One evening (or less) of Ashran a week to cap honor, its either 1500 or 3500 depening if you have the warmill to cover your rerolls. Nothing changed there.

Regarding if you want to epic mount or not. The only missions I want to epic mount really are the once that are 24h etc. Checking every hour or every other hour is just to much work. I want missions to go like 6-8h, checking two or three times per day is more then enough for my taste, sure it's not maximizing usage but beyond that you are bordering on burnout imo, i tried that when WOD was new. But now I'm not ffishing for epic mount followers anymore. This is unless they greatly increase mission times then it might be worthwhile again.

TH and the Mythic Highmaul box with 1000g is going to be broken if that works. At least it'll be restricted to mostly mains of players

The way I see it with Scav, even with the 90-94 GR missions, their value starts to drop off after the 3rd or 4th one or so. I plan on keeping my scav crew, but I don't see myself reaching for 5-6 anymore since I'm making room for TH. In an ideal world, at least one of those THs I recruit will get scav too
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-01-25 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    TH and the Mythic Highmaul box with 1000g is going to be broken if that works. At least it'll be restricted to mostly mains of players

The way I see it with Scav, even with the 90-94 GR missions, their value starts to drop off after the 3rd or 4th one or so. I plan on keeping my scav crew, but I don't see myself reaching for 5-6 anymore since I'm making room for TH. In an ideal world, at least one of those THs I recruit will get scav too
    Honestly, I don't see how it would be broken. It'd take it from being what, 1000g to 4000g on a 2 week cooldown? And that's after alot of work to make sure you had followers for every mission that could complete it and still put TH's on it. I make more than 4k over a 2 week period off my salvage yard hehe

You'll eventually have 2x of those, both Highmaul and Foundry. TH-ing Foundry might prove difficult though unless you can reroll Garona until she gets it. But yeah, it's moreorless restricted to just your main anyway since mythic kills are required to proc that bonus 1000g

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    It will have to be evaluated but I'm not sure stacking Treasure hunters will be worth it compared to stacking Scavangers. If optimized most of the big scavanger missions now score me either just below or slightly above 1000 resources. That roughly translates into a stack of whatever is costing 20 at the trading post. As long as that in turn translates to more then a couple of hundred golds scavenger will still as far as I know now be better or more valuable then a straight gold follower mission. The exception for this might be Blingatrons Vault which grants 500g, cat scratch is 225g etc at the moment if im not incorrect. Most others are less then 100g. Still on my server even a tripplet TH of blingatron wont buy you a rare gem. So Blingatrons mission, if there are not many or any new similar once will probably not be worth it.
    All depends on server economy really. You may get 1000 GR from one of those big missions (they pop up rarely) but at best you're converting them into gold right now with trading post. Assuming 4g for a draenic dust you're exchanging at 1:1 ratio which isn't bad. If price of those would drop and at best you can convert 2:1 ratio then all those "small" gold missions can quickly build up, just as those "small" GR missions now do. Then again the latter are not changed yet to give more rescources after scavenger changes so we'll need to see how they turn out. You also make it sound like treasure hunter and scavenger are mutually exclusive. With 25 possible slots, it's not hard to get 8 or so of each.