Farming Battered Iron Horde Armor

Does anyone know of a place where a mage can solo farm for the Battered Iron Horde armor pieces needed for the transmog sets? I'm trying to farm the helm, belt, and shoulder pieces. Some classes can solo the first boss in normal Iron Docks, but I whenever I try it I get eaten alive. I just can't survive that much damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine that's painful, as none of your roots/CC stuff will work on a boss.

Your best bet is just to do dungeons that drop them, queue for specific ones and that way the only person being punched in the face with an axe is the tank.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Does anyone know of a place where a mage can solo farm for the Battered Iron Horde armor pieces needed for the transmog sets? I'm trying to farm the helm, belt, and shoulder pieces. Some classes can solo the first boss in normal Iron Docks, but I whenever I try it I get eaten alive. I just can't survive that much damage.
    I soloed it many times as frost. Make sure you pick Mirror Image, Ice Nova, Cold Snap and Prismatic Crystal talents.

Pop everything you have, even Time Warp. When you have full procs, Pop Crystal along with Icy Veins and Frozen Orb and fully dps the crystal.

By the time the crystal is destroyed the wolf should be dead or close to dead.

After your mirror images dies, the boss focuses for a little while on your water elemental ( Atleast that's what kept happening to me )

Try to use your Ice Blocks to their fullest to buy time for your Mirror Image's and Ice Nova's cooldowns to finish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    if you get someone to help you, the drop chance is pretty decent. I've been able to farm the armor pieces three times, each within 30 minutes. it'll be easier to find a friend or guildy to do it than it will be to farm it in dungeons as part of a group.

Health pots can buy you a lot of time too. DPS pots, food, and 200 int flasks all tend to be reasonably priced.