Deleted

is holy pala viable??

the title is the question.rdruids?op,MW monks?op shamans and priests avg but buffs coming....and holy?its dogsh...does anyone run hpally in 2s?

Its a hard thing hpala and I kind of feel for them...I think Blizzard is over weighing plate...8sec bubble pop wings every one is back to 100% and then what happens??

Hand of sacrifice...insta dispel...so hpala bring what that other healers don't bring better? 8sec of god mod and then die?

I don't play the build so maybe other can shed more light?

Deleted
    hpallyˇs heals for 15-20 K are pathetic..he has to put wings on tu heal as other healers...after wings patehtic state all over again.mobility?dont know whats that ask druids and monks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Silly rabbit. Paladins are for raids.

(Yes but you'll hate playing it and turn to hard vodka for comfort)
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

any healer in 2v2 is rat leagues so it shouldnt even be played

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranox View Post
    the title is the question.rdruids?op,MW monks?op shamans and priests avg but buffs coming....and holy?its dogsh...does anyone run hpally in 2s?
    I literally can't even read whatever it is you tried to type.

Deleted
    i think they have all the tools to be great healers in PvP, they definitely have amazing utility. what i am noticing is that they have to hard cast way too much and the healing they output is way below a Rdruid/MW/Priest in an RBG situation. i feel like thy are a bit weak outside of Wings. (im talking about outside of 2's and more in line with group pvp)

Theoretically, if you're really really good and have access to teammates that are really really good... Then yes you can get high ratings as hpal.

Realistically though, holy palas are dogshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by charbrec View Post
    I literally can't even read whatever it is you tried to type.
    well u seem to be the only one so u must be very stupid thanks for reply bye

I think people are just looking at the green numbers of H pal and not realising each heal is giving 30% additional absorption, and basically giving 2 people 30% more health when the get low with SBTL

also with merciful wrath your wings are up 30 seconds every minute, giving you plenty of healing, also denounce is pretty underated, espcially now that its geting buffed to last 12 seconds

so they are not R druids, but they are prob second best further down the road

oh wait...2s, why are you even hear whining? go double tank and stfu
    Last edited by Oopsmezedya; 2015-01-26 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    I think people are just looking at the green numbers of H pal and not realising each heal is giving 30% additional absorption, and basically giving 2 people 30% more health when the get low with SBTL

also with merciful wrath your wings are up 30 seconds every minute, giving you plenty of healing, also denounce is pretty underated, espcially now that its geting buffed to last 12 seconds

so they are not R druids, but they are prob second best further down the road
    Yea no. Hpallys are scumming the bottom of the healer barrel with priests (priests are even better IMO). You get maybe 20% absorption from your 8k holy shocks and 20k flash of lights, assuming your blessing of might stays on for more than 2 seconds. Wings is up 30 seconds on a 90 second cd glyphed and talented, and that puts you about where the other healers are for its duration in terms of actual healing output. They are mechanically bad, relying on hand spells and hardcasting heals in a meta with over-the-top offensive dispels and interrupts, and need to spend/waste globals denouncing to get their crit buff that make their heals actually strong for 8 seconds.

Saved by the light is the only thing keeping pallys viable imo, and they run well if they are able to use their high amounts of cc with repentance but against most teams you don't get the chance since our weak heals put you on the defensive.

The upcoming changes increasing hpallys damage (as it is pretty good already) as well as buffing our set bonuses will help, but I feel like they need a straight 20% across the board healing increase or making WoG instant again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Holy seems to be top dog in PVE. So that explains round about buffs.

They have several options to look at imo:

-EF / WOG instant. I would do this via 4p pvp bonus. Only works in PVP. 90% of our problems in PVP tied into casting, which is unaffected in PVE. Freeing up this would be a huge help as it would help all of us MOP bastards.
    -Revamp level 100 talents. I can't see a PVE'r being in love with these things, and if they are that strong in PVE and dogshit in PVP I would think a revamp would be a good idea. I will not speculate ideas
    -Look at healer tier talents. Give EF a Lifebloom dispell. Straightfoward and means nothing to PVE. Sacred Shield a interrupt immunity. Selfless healer should work with HS as holy. We are not spending GCD's doing shit damage, this needs to stop in there design. Speaking of shit damage.....
    -Revamp 2p / 4p. I said earlier, but the our set pieces are horrendous. Denounce, first off, a healer should not be trying to cast offensive spells to gain a buff. It's counter productive. Pre EF-ing is viable, denouncing first is not what a new healer to the game should learn how healing works....

Just adjusting these items would go a long way fixing holy. Please, I don't want to be a mongoloid all expac

I'm playing holypala at 2,4-2,5k mrr with a feral and a hunter. I feel like holy paladins struggle on just incoming damage, I cannot outheal a tsg/turbo/kitty damage even when they aren't popping any cooldowns (we need to burst back or kite until i have wings for catchup). We have a high range 6second stun wich is good for some comps and insane heals with wings on. 6.1 setbonus change is going to save holypaladins and possibly make them even op (if the buff isnt dispellable). On 2s you can be really agressive with a warrior or dk with denounces and hoj/rep.
    Armor Sets
    PvP 2-piece set bonus for Holy Paladins now lasts 12 seconds (up from 8 seconds).
    PvP 4-piece set bonus for Holy Paladins has been redesigned. Eternal Flame or Word of Glory now also reduces damage taken by the target by 5% for each Holy Power consumed (maximum of 15%) for 6 seconds. This effect only works in PvP combat.

Quote Originally Posted by seiski View Post
    6.1 setbonus change is going to save holypaladins and possibly make them even op (if the buff isnt dispellable).
    It's dispellable on PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    It's dispellable on PTR.
    It's still going to a really big buff for hpallys. It will be hard to dispell when sacred shield pops a magic buff every 5sec