Thread: Newbie Rogue

Deleted

Newbie Rogue

Made a looong post but i'll simplify it here...!

New to Rogue in WoD. Currently play Hunter and Resto Druid but for both PvP and PvE I think Rogue is a little more fun!

Currently Assa/Combat @ 617 iLvl... Though I much prefer playing Sub, VERY fun spec!!

1) Is Assa the best overall spec for me at this iLvl? Or can I go Sub...?
    2) For BrF is Combat looking the top dog?
    3) Race wise i'm Pandaren... But I hate it... Belf, Goblin or Troll...?
    4) Currently use the Energy regen talent... No idea how to use SR and was told DfA is hard to play?

Any help appreciated thanks!
    Last edited by mmoc7cd818af09; 2015-01-26 at 07:22 PM.

Deleted
    I recommend you the sticky post "Rogue PvE Compendium - the do's and dont's [6.0] "
    Most of your questions are ansewered there.

BTW, in PVE right now is subtlety for single target and combat for multi target. Assa is good for very specific battles like twin ogrons, but overall is meh

For PvE, gear Multistrike > Mastery, use Subt for Kargath, Butcher, Ko'ragh and Impregnator, use combat with dagger mainhand, slow OH for the rest (macro slow OH swap for killing spree, http://ravenholdt.net/index.php/foru....php?f=6&t=116). That's basically it. Orc or Troll for race since you are paying (but think of those poor souls who need 500 pandaren kills!).

For BrF, Subt is going to be amazing due to all the multistrike on gear.

For all specific gameplay / rotation questions, kindly use the search feature, plenty of discussion threads here floating about.
    Last edited by shaithis; 2015-01-26 at 09:42 PM.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Deleted
    Sweet thanks! I hate to ask a stupid question but both my Hunter and Rogue LOVE Multistrike... Are they both looking to be equally as strong? I think if I start gearing my Rogue i'll end up putting all my focus into it and probably ditching my Hunter until i'm locked on Rogue.

So yeah with all the MS gear i'd imagine Sub will be amazing. But Combat will still be top due to cleave?

Re: combat in BrF, I am personally planning on swapping for specific fights, don't know much about BrF yet. Subt has good cleave too when >3 targets by the way.

Re: huntard, only problem with playing one is that most guilds are swamped with them; if yours is low then huntard > rogue for just about everything atm.
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    For PvE, gear Multistrike > Mastery, use Subt for Kargath, Butcher, Ko'ragh and Impregnator, use combat with dagger mainhand for the rest. That's basically it. Troll for race since you are paying (but think of those poor souls who need 500 pandaren kills!).

For BrF, Subt is going to be amazing due to all the multistrike on gear.

For all specific gameplay / rotation questions, kindly use the search feature, plenty of discussion threads here floating about.
    Why would you main hand a Dagger for Combat?
    That seems extremely silly.
    Pretty sure(positive...) that you should be main handing anything but a dagger for that.

Combat will be very good in Foundry because a lot of the fights are cleave based.

Sub AoE damage can be good, but nothing can even compare to Combat AoE on 3+ targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavv View Post
    Pretty sure(positive...) that you should be main handing anything but a dagger for that.

Combat will be very good in Foundry because a lot of the fights are cleave based.

Sub AoE damage can be good, but nothing can even compare to Combat AoE on 3+ targets.
    On mainhanding daggers, kindly take a few minutes to avail yourself of search feature before criticizing, your hubris is rather obnoxious.

Nothing compares to Combat AoE on 2-3 targets, however Subt is close on 4+ targets, especially when one needs to be focused down faster than the others (as will likely be the case for serious content). Does not mean that you should exclusively spec Subt for 4+ cleave encounters, but when significant portions of said encounters are single-target, it should definitely be considered.
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    On mainhanding daggers, kindly take a few minutes to avail yourself of search feature before criticizing, your hubris is rather obnoxious.

Nothing compares to Combat AoE on 2-3 targets, however Subt is close on 4+ targets, especially when one needs to be focused down faster than the others (as will likely be the case for serious content). Does not mean that you should exclusively spec Subt for 4+ cleave encounters, but when significant portions of said encounters are single-target, it should definitely be considered.
    Get off your fucking high horse and explain it, if you think you are correct.

Sorry, telling somebody to Main hand a dagger for Combat spec is fucking wrong, lol.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...esults-for-WoD

Why does every BiS list you can find put a Mace / Fist / NOT dagger in the MH as best?

You do understand that Combat scales better with Slow weapons, Correct?

I mean...I could sit here and attempt to educate you, but you seem to think so highly of your own opinion it's kind of a waste of my own time.
    Last edited by Xavv; 2015-01-26 at 08:36 PM.

Oh man this is awkward. Can you do me a solid and click on the second-to-last page of the link you referenced, please?
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

Deleted
    Dagger/Slow for 2+ target cleave and weapon swap to Slow/Slow for Killing Spree is the way to go. (Assuming equal ilvl)

Yeah I guess that I could have clarified that a bit to avoid being flamebait target of lazy fellas, sorry forums!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavv View Post
    Fast/Slow is better than Slow/Slow on multiple targets (~= on 2 targets, strictly superior as you add more) mostly because of the way Blade Flurry behaves. Poisons transfer as BF hits which can themselves proc poisons. MG procs are the same way. You lose SS damage, but gain BF proc damage.

Deleted
    Seema like very minimal minmaxing. So hunter wins if the guild has few. Might try sub anyway. Every other spec feels braindead. Played a lock since vanilla /shrug