Poll: Would you keep playing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    That's not true in the least.

I have an alt for every healer because I want to learn each healer's strengths and weaknesses. Alts are a form of generating extra content for oneself, not for a lack of content. I have plenty of things I could be doing on my Main but I sometimes level alts instead.
    However the ability to have one of each healer and to gear each is something that really started with Wrath. In vanilla or TBC you just didn't have time to level and gear that many characters who overlapped roles unless you were obsessive. In Wrath gear became easy to get so if you wanted to level a toon gearing it wasn't an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    There are indeed folks who do. But, if forums are any indicator...
    they're not.

I would love this, if there was a system that would catch alts up quicker. Like maybe shared exp at a cost or something, I don't know. I would enjoy a longer process again, but really only for my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way I'd do it if the new 50 levels were spent on a galactic scale fighting the Burning Legion in various outpost planets with all of the level 150 content in Argus.

Other than that, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    Again, this is untrue. I had multiple alts in The Burning Crusade, what is hailed as one of the best expansions (by forumgoers, not by me). So your argument is flawed in principle.
    So did I, but most people didn't have a lot of alts. 2, maybe 3 for most people.

10+ Year Old Account
    leveling has always felt like a chore to me with my alts. there is no real fun in leveling the insane number of levels that wow has grown to. redoing the same tired story over and over and getting nothing for it. i do not want more levels to take longer in a future expansion without restructuring the process fully from lvl 1 up. its a giant massive undertaking to try and find a new process for leveling with acceptable reward ~~> for time ratio and then implementing it while alienating the portion of the player base that hates change.

i have my alts, and i quietly wait, hoping that some day, WoW will return to a Wrath feel. allowing me to gear up my main quickly, so that i can switch out alts and try the raids from a different perspective. i really dont enjoy the current method of low drop rates mixed with RNG stats, in a really bad attempt to keep me playing my main longer. i actually dont want to play her more.

i enjoyed progressing thru the raids quickly and grabbing gear fast and being more or less done with gearing inside of 2.5 months. allowing me to easily swap out an alt and give it a go from a different perspective. also of note: i didnt care much for hard modes in wrath, and it was not on my progression radar either. simple normal 10 man with an occasion norm 25 was my progression. we got all the bosses down quickly and geared quickly then switched out or did gear runs for new guildies.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2015-01-27 at 04:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    It only took that long to level in Vanilla because there wasn't enough content to get there in a strait shot and the content that was in the game was buggy and spread all over creation.

Let me augment your original question. Would I keep playing if it took two months to hit level cap because there was 2 months worth of constant, engaging content? Yes of course. Would I if it cut us off from quests half way through and said "Good luck grinding random mobs luls?" No, not at all. I play this game for its content and my enjoyment in it, not out of principal. As long as it offered fun, I'd play. When its not fun, I dont.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely, WoD was way too fast of a leveling experience. I still can't believe how fast it went. As long as 100-150 had awesome questlines, fun sidequesting, in depth storyline and beautiful zones I wouldn't mind at all, in fact I'd love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the leveling process is still as mundane as killing x mobs, pick x items, then no. I play WoW for raiding, the leveling process and story builds up to raids yes, but 1-2 months build up eventually would become dull. If the quality of raids would still be at the same level, if not higher, as well as this long leveling period, I'd probably be fine with it.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So did I, but most people didn't have a lot of alts. 2, maybe 3 for most people.
    And? It's also been 8 years since TBC. You add one or two new alts per expansion and you suddenly have 8-10 by Warlords of Draenor.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

It really, REALLY depends.

I can't imagine Blizzard pumping out something like that though, and I would only have one toon at 150 which would bug me, even while I had lots to do during the start of MoP I charged through leveling on 2 alts after. So maybe try it, but quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Civfanata View Post
    The max level was 150. It took ~1 to 2 months to level to 150 kinda like Vanilla?
    I think that would piss most people off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Level numbers are arbitrary. They can make 2 levels take as long as 80 and it wouldn't change the amount of time spent on leveling.

My vote is maybe. If the leveling experience is solid, which it always has been, I will continue to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I love having alts, it's what keeps me busy. I'd quit.
    you love alts and play wod? how do you even combine THAT ?

It depends how would this "2 months to level" be achieved. If they added as much new content as there was originally in vanilla then I would return to playing WoW. Leveling was what hooked me up in the game, not the endgame. But if they added as much content as in standard expansion and just made quests require a lot more time by simply multiplying number of required kills / items then no, thanks.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    either that - or people enjoy the leveling content.
    Or people enjoy not always playing the same class, even if they hate the leveling
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Alts are a symptom of insufficient content to begin with.
    Or, you know...people just like playing more than one class. lol.

No, OP. I wouldn't and it would absolutely drive away millions of players. No one wants THAT long of a grindfest, and because of the sheer amount of time it would take to level up to get to raid content, many raiding guilds would fall apart. It would be absolutely one of the most detrimental things Blizzard could do to their own game.

P.S. It didn't take 2 months to level from 1 to 50 in Classic unless you were like 10 years old and clueless. It was grindier, but not 2 months long worth of grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also in the camp of "I would love it but I think others may get impatient and quit". Really it's just replacing ilvl progression for actual level progression. Both can be fun if executed well, but one is already the accepted standard of end-game while the other has been forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    you love alts and play wod? how do you even combine THAT ?
    WoD has been the best expansion by miles for alt leveling, simply because the questing experience in Draenor is top notch quality and the endgame is rather dry other than raid nights for guilds.

Deleted
    I would definitley play this expansion if there is enough content until lvl 150. I really like leveling my paladin.
    But we would have to wait for a very long time since they had to create a lot of new lvl maps, lvl dungeons and other things that would attract people.
    And they had to develop new features for the leveling content like a system that grants you a reward after a certain amount of experience gained even after lvl cap.