Thread: Level squish

Last edited by Fluxoz; 2017-04-19 at 09:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think a much better idea would be to leave levels as they are, then when you get the expansion after WoD, you suddenly return to level 70 and work your way back up.

/sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    Now 3 digit numbers are too much for the wow players? I hate the squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    that would completely break wow.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    I think it is certain that from now on every expansion will come with 1 free character boost, just like WoD did. Solves that OP problem completely

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    I think it is certain that from now on every expansion will come with 1 free character boost, just like WoD did. Solves that OP problem completely
    This is my thinking. OP isn't wrong that 100+ levels are daunting to new players, regardless of how "fast" the leveling is. It's perceived as a big number, and new or returning players see it as a pretty intimidating barrier to play. However, the free boost with expansion does a lot to alleviate that, and I'm certain that part of the success of WoD will be attributed to removing that barrier to play, so I expect we'll see it again in the future.

The boosts are a much simpler solution.

I would like this it is pointless to ask though blizzard will do whatever they want and not listen to us.

I've spent the last month trying to lvl a warlock to 100 and i'm only 74. It's just so boring(daunting?no) I still havn't used my boost because I don't see a point when I have 5 90's
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    No problem with the boost stuff in place and a free one every expansion. For those devoted to leveling: "The more levels they add the more epic the journey" I say.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

squish isn't needed, they added easy profession leveling to 600~ and smoothed the quest reward exp across all expansions, and the exp needed to level. it would just be a squish in numbers alone. that was necessary for stats because of game design as they stated. not so necessary for everything else, especially with level boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    I just find it to be an issue that as a new player you, basically without trying, reach level 30 in your first sitting at the moment.

That's not an epic journey. It was once, surely levels need to mean more than they do now... Ah well, I see I'm alone in this so I shall take my leave.
    I don't know. I think that's nostalgia talking. When I finally got my significant other to play the game in Mists, if leveling had been any slower, he never would have made it anywhere near the cap... and as far as "new player" experiences go, I'm much more willing to take the feedback of an actual new player than my own responses to changes in leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    I just find it to be an issue that as a new player you, basically without trying, reach level 30 in your first sitting at the moment.

That's not an epic journey. It was once, surely levels need to mean more than they do now... Ah well, I see I'm alone in this so I shall take my leave.
    That's not the case. New players won't reach level 30 in their first sitting. They will run around as level 6, visit and get lost in stormwind, swim over & die in Duskwood. Trying to find their corpse until they find out about the hearthstone and eventually continue questing in the mine south to Goldshire. By that time they've played 4 hours and reached level 7. Gaming day's over. Including an epic story.

Will you reach level 30 As an experianced Wow player? For sure. Is that a bad thing? No it's not.

If they have boosts every expansion, I don't see leveling as being that much of an issue. I don't understand peoples hatred for high numbers. Not everything that has a high number needs a squish.