Poll: Should the Black Market be removed or not?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Get rid of raid gear and I'd be perfectly happy, it's not as if regular raiders buy it anyway. It gives an unfair advantage to guilds competing on servers for realm first, and believe me, it does help. And for the love of God, don't offer gear that isn't even obtainable yet (I'm talking to you 695 gear).

I was very against the whole concept during MoP but I see now that it really isn't too bad.

I can see the point of the BMAH and I'm okay with a lot of the stuff offered on there but getting Mythic BRF gear over a month before it's released is quite ridiculous IMO I don't think that is okay at all. Also I can understand why some of the people who got some of the mounts that are now unobtainable are annoyed that people can get lucky and buy them. The whole point of removing the item was the make it unique and exclusive for the people who were there at the time and achieved it.

I still don't get why people have an issue with guilds buying MWF gear off the BMAH.

1) The guilds competing for world first are on equal footing, they all get/have the opportunity to get roughly the same number of pieces. (They have a tonne of gold saved from Heroic/Mythic Garrosh Carries, other(?) carries like CM golds and such.)
    2) You can't even abuse server transfers anymore, at least not on wow-progress.
    3) The reason the "High Item Level" gear is out, is because its the same tier, having it available for Highmaul doesn't mean anything, the 'real' race is Blackrock Foundry.

If you somehow feel cheated by the guilds that can afford to buy the gear for their raiders, and you think somehow you're guild deserved world first but couldn't get it because of the MWF gear, then you're really deluding yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    A guy in my guild once warned me to NEVER buy the Plagued Protodrake from the BMAH because he felt that anyone that got unobtainable mounts using gold was worse than scum.
    Well, this is his opinion - but nothing more. I am afraid he will have to get over it since the BMAH will offer more and more hard to obtain/unobtainable mounts.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2015-01-29 at 07:35 AM.

the whole point of the black market auction house is to have stuff thats not supposed to be for sale. you know.....like the real black market. Keep it as is. not like blizzard will remove it anyway because of this thread so might as well #dealwithit hehe dat pole doe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The question is did you pay attention to him or make a decision yourself? If anyone decided that I needed to be instructed as to what to buy or not buy I'd be more likely to buy it just to spite them. That's especially applicable to BMAH stuff if you can afford it. I'm of the opinion that if you have that much gold you've probably put in the effort one way or another.
    Oh yeah, so much!

Someone tells me to not do something that will in NO WAY affect them.. I will go and do that thing if I can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm of the opinion that if you have that much gold you've probably put in the effort one way or another.
    Or ebay or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    I've heard mixed reactions from my friends ever since the Black Market was introduced back in MOP. Some say it ruined the economy, others that certain mounts/gear should remain unavailable and allowing rich people to buy them is like slapping the face of people that got them in the past through raiding/other means. Some say getting gear that is not even available in the game (mythic warforged at the start of a tier) is an unfair advantadge that most people can't compete with. Others welcomed the black market with open arms, giving them another means to get that piece of gear or that mount they dreamt about getting so many times but couldn't.

What do you think of the black market? Should it be removed? Should Blizzard keept it? Why?
    They would do good to prevent current ilvl BoEs from coming to BMAH in the first 4 weeks or so of the tier, because the number of such BoEs you could snatch - on all servers of your region, thanks to character migration - now plays a significant role into who lands where in the top 100.

Other than that, I have no issues with BMAH.

remove top current mythic warforged stuff.

edit: I would sell my soul for the Plagued Proto

Just remove the OP gear for current content and we're fine. Haven't bought anything from it yet due to a lack of gold but I might sometime.