Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Well I am sorry you caught a small piece of my annoyance which grew over the years of seeing people walking around in my favourite tier "acting all badass" while not having a clue. You are not "acting all badass", I realise that. And it might have been unfair of me to target you. But DAMN. Seriously I get so utterly annoyed with the level of ignorance. But yeah I know that his is more MY problem then it is yours.

You may have assumed they would match but after getting the item or maybe even researching the item beforehand... you could and WOULD have noticed that it did not. The moment you put on the items, you would have noticed.

The thing is, it is not just you. I've seen hundreds of characters making the same mistake.
    /goes to see a therapist
    I thought it could match if it was in higher ress, so thats why I asked about it. It was others who corrected me that those are not the right boots I was looking for. It's pretty popular transmog for paladins I guess.. anyway, how do you know those were not the boots I wanted to wear? :P

Deleted
    Are you suggesting you might deliberately not match?!

Hand in your blood elf card. You can have it back once you graduate from Silvermoon School of Fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of the confusion with the non-matching items from Sunwell is that at least some of them (Warrior ones certainly did, but druid ones didn't; I can't remember about my paladin) used to have the matching graphic to the Tier 6 set until around Cataclysm, when they changed all of them to match the Sunwell set graphics instead of Tier 6 for transmog, as the Sunwell sets lacked belts/boots in many cases.

I guess some people don't realise that the graphic was changed, and remember them matching before

There's also the fact that I guess people who didn't play back then don't realise the history of those 8-piece sets and assume same set-bonus = same set when they wowhead it. For anyone interested in a little history - when they released 2.4 with Sunwell raid, there was no official tier set as it was a bit of an unplanned bonus raid (tier 6 was in BT, tier 7 wasn't until WotLK). They put in belt, bracers and boots from the early bosses in Sunwell and made them attached to the old tier 6 sets so that you would be able to switch your chest/legs/helms from BT tier 6 loot to the new higher ilvl non-tier Sunwell loot without sacrificing your powerful set bonuses in the process. It was a useful idea.

But yeah, nowadays the tier 6 set's matching boots/belt for every class drop as non-set items in BT/Hyjal, while the actual items with the set bonus (Sunwell drops) match the Sunwell transmog sets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Are you suggesting you might deliberately not match?!

Hand in your blood elf card. You can have it back once you graduate from Silvermoon School of Fashion.
    Naah, my main's transmog is nicely matching.

@Kae - I quit during the Cata and returned in late SoO so I might missed it, or forgot it. Back in those days before transmog, matching gear was like holy grail. Now I'm educated and wont make any silly mistake like this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Part of the confusion with the non-matching items from Sunwell is that at least some of them (Warrior ones certainly did, but druid ones didn't; I can't remember about my paladin) used to have the matching graphic to the Tier 6 set until around Cataclysm, when they changed all of them to match the Sunwell set graphics instead of Tier 6 for transmog, as the Sunwell sets lacked belts/boots in many cases.

I guess some people don't realise that the graphic was changed, and remember them matching before

There's also the fact that I guess people who didn't play back then don't realise the history of those 8-piece sets and assume same set-bonus = same set when they wowhead it. For anyone interested in a little history - when they released 2.4 with Sunwell raid, there was no official tier set as it was a bit of an unplanned bonus raid (tier 6 was in BT, tier 7 wasn't until WotLK). They put in belt, bracers and boots from the early bosses in Sunwell and made them attached to the old tier 6 sets so that you would be able to switch your chest/legs/helms from BT tier 6 loot to the new higher ilvl non-tier Sunwell loot without sacrificing your powerful set bonuses in the process. It was a useful idea.

But yeah, nowadays the tier 6 set's matching boots/belt for every class drop as non-set items in BT/Hyjal, while the actual items with the set bonus (Sunwell drops) match the Sunwell transmog sets.
    This woman speaks wisdom. *nods sagely*

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post

I know the warrior belt/bracers and boots did change after a certain patch/expansion. The paladin ones were Sunwell from the get go.

This topics makes me think how much i love that 610 sunsoul items. I always liked t4 because of the shoulders, but the rest of very low-red. Sunsoul+T4 shoulder = I'm a paladin!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the warrior belt/bracers and boots did change after a certain patch/expansion. The paladin ones were Sunwell from the get go.
    Yeah, as I said in my post: some of them were, some of them weren't. I didn't main my paladin until Cata so I couldn't remember which camp they fell into. Just saying, it's one reason some folks can get confused - especially if they mained one of classes that did have the flipped graphics beforehand

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been annoyed by the fact Sunwell sets have such low quality texture work on the pieces because personally I am fond of their looks. This applies to some degree to a lot of older sets and I am wondering if we can make a push to Blizz to fix the biggest culprits. They probably have high quality textures for them that are just not in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    I've always been annoyed by the fact Sunwell sets have such low quality texture work on the pieces because personally I am fond of their looks. This applies to some degree to a lot of older sets and I am wondering if we can make a push to Blizz to fix the biggest culprits. They probably have high quality textures for them that are just not in the game.
    imagine if Blizzard Released the full resolution versions of Vanilla gear, including greens... /drool... all those armor sets would become invaluable
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    We should definitely push it on twitter or the US forums with those with accounts to post there! At least we'll know if it will ever be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thellerwin View Post
    Ive noticed that my boots have much lower resolution for some reason on my loging screen and armory (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurines/simple) I know its insignificant but it always bugs me.

Any ideas why is this happening?
    Those boots have bad textures themselves.

(And don't even belong to that set)

grand marshal set looks more badass than nub t6 that every lolpally has

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    grand marshal set looks more badass than nub t6 that every lolpally has
    Ofcourse that is a matter of taste. But the Grand Marshal set has had bad graphics the moment TBC came along. It is actually pretty awful were it not for the epicness of its prestige. If only they would update it...

The thing is that sets my set apart from most paladins (even if they don't know it and not care obviously) is that I kept mine from that era. I kept it in the bank and at times walked around with it. Same as most Grand Marshals I imagine . I agree that every lolpally is wearing it same as tier 2. But thats probably due to the fact that it is perceived by many as beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse that is a matter of taste. But the Grand Marshal set has had bad graphics the moment TBC came along. It is actually pretty awful were it not for the epicness of its prestige. If only they would update it...

The thing is that sets my set apart from most paladins (even if they don't know it and not care obviously) is that I kept mine from that era. I kept it in the bank and at times walked around with it. Same as most Grand Marshals I imagine . I agree that every lolpally is wearing it same as tier 2. But thats probably due to the fact that it is perceived by many as beautiful.
    I actually started collecting armor sets in my bags during wrath, I was so enamored by certain armor sets I just had to have them.

Ironically, I quit in firelands, before 4.3 which introduced Transmogrification, If I was still playing in 4.3 with all of those greens i had laying in my bank alt, I would have been set.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol