10+ Year Old Account

Trading Post AH - Change Building?

Hi, I have the Trade Post and I consider building the Auction House

However, I need to change Trade Post at some point to do the Nemesis achievements (my other medium is Inn, will never change it) and I simply wonder:

If I build the AH and change building, do I have to re-build the AH the next time I get a Trading Post? Or will the AH be active the second time I get the Trade Post?

/Battle
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Can't answer your question, but I do want to ask you: Why won't you destroy your inn? It's pretty much worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    As other person said: If you already did all the quests and recruited followers you may need, inn is completely worthless. The gold gain you get from extra missions is nothing compared to what you can get from barn. And its not like you are losing alot swapping it for glad sanctum either.

Yah the Inn is pretty much useless after you have gotten all the items you want from it. Would def change out that instead of the Trading Post.

I've been curious about this too, but so far no one has copied their toon over to the PTR to test. Can't blame them for not wanting to test it on live lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I copied it, tried, and when i rebuilt it AH was still there.

Made a ticket just to ask is it a bug :P

And seriously, replace the inn. At best it will give you 500g daily worth of missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for replies

But no, I won't replace the Inn. It grants me a new follower each week, and I wanna collect them all (one day)
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

You can have a glad sanctum and just replace it with the inn once every 2 weeks and still get to do the nemesis quests AND get every week's follower. Risking losing the ultra expensive AH is absolutely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Thanks for replies

But no, I won't replace the Inn. It grants me a new follower each week, and I wanna collect them all (one day)
    The follower from the Inn is a completely random, not on the follower list follower.. You will always get a new one, you will never collect them all...

At least this is my impression, please correct me if I have misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    The follower from the Inn is a completely random, not on the follower list follower.. You will always get a new one, you will never collect them all...

You have misunderstood. There is a master list of recruitable followers. Each week you're presented with 3 random followers off the list that you don't have yet. There's a list of all followers at http://www.wowhead.com/followers but I'm not aware of a list anywhere that only shows the recruitable ones--if memory serves, there are around 50 followers from quests/achievements/etc., so around 240 to recruit. Have fun hitting up the inn every week for almost five years to get them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The gold gain you get from extra missions is nothing compared to what you can get from barn.
    Right but you could have both. The gold rewards are substantial once you can complete them 100% every day, and will be even moreso once the Treasure Hunter trait is in.

Hiring followers hoping to get a perfect 3-6 racial trinity going is a benefit all of its own as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mollaroo View Post
    You have misunderstood. There is a master list of recruitable followers. Each week you're presented with 3 random followers off the list that you don't have yet. There's a list of all followers at http://www.wowhead.com/followers but I'm not aware of a list anywhere that only shows the recruitable ones--if memory serves, there are around 50 followers from quests/achievements/etc., so around 240 to recruit. Have fun hitting up the inn every week for almost five years to get them all...
    Yeah. Quite a few interesting ones though, they aren't all random NPCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post

You've misunderstood. There's a large list, but they're all preset characters with random traits.

Recruiting a new one if probably my favorite thing each reset, I hope to eventually be running with an almost complete selection of forsaken followers, I've even taken to leveling alts up to lvl 68 and stopping there while they can accrue some unique followers and make each alts garrison a little different.

As for OP, I'm in the same situation - I believe the trading post will stay complete, but I could be mistaken. I frankly don't consider it worth building, a flight to Ashran is easy enough that I don't think building an AH for a trading post you know you're going to delete eventually (presumably after hitting exalted with laughing skull). Just save it for if you ever complete all of the pvp building achieves and re-build the trading post imo.

I wouldn't discount the potential of Inn post Treasure Hunter. Barn is a no brainer but it'll be Inn vs TP in 6.1

Yea, just rebuild the inn to level 2 on monday night. Get a follower that week and when it resets on tuesday, get a follower that week. Then you won't have to rebuild it nearly 2 weeks.