Low Healing but low iLvL, concerns?

Hi I am a recent returning player from WotLK, and have jumped back into the game as a resto druid. I've been working hard to gear up in quests/heroics, and am currently at 645 ilvl, a lot of which is poorly itemized PvP gear. A small raiding guild recruited me, they raid 2 nights a week fairly casually, basically what I'm looking for.

They are working on heroic Imperator and took me along, first time I've ever done the fight. I did just fine in executing the mechanics of don't stand in things and positioning and whatnot, I was even complimented for it. We were very close a few times but just haven't eaked it out yet. The other healers, who are all 660-670 ilvl were doing 25-32k hps, while I was doing a mere 18-20K hps (and struggling with mana in p4 at that). I offered to drop the group due to my not pulling weight, but they asked me to stay anyways <3.

Keep in mind that this is a very casual group, and I don't know what is considered "good" for this fight. But is that difference in hps typical of the gear difference between us? I am worried that alongside the gear I'm also doing something horribly wrong. Or am I just being paranoid and just need to gear up?

At that ilvl, the healing youre pulling sounds about right. Use channeled mana pots (i use mine right at the start of 2nd intermission). I also use dream of cenarius to conserve thru the first two phases, make sure youre not spamming (cant keep it up like we could in wrath) and filling with wrath/healing touch til your gear catches up.... Let your hots work! A rejuv is more than enough for most damage in this fight for the dps

In both of our takedowns of imp hc us healers had to be at 30k, give or take 2k. I do believe that our hps "jump started" by about 5k after we started getting hc gear so it might actually be a combination of your playstyle and gear

With how many people do you play? Whats the heal setup? Are the adds dying fast enough? I think there is a little to little information to say anything about it.

You HPS looks low but I do not think that this is an acurate measurement of your performance during the boss. 645 though is kinda the absolute minimum for Imperator HC so I think with some gear incomming you will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we could get some logs from the OP, I think that would help quite a lot in showing whether or not he's doing good for his ilvl, and so on.

As to your questions: We've had 5 healers for 21 man (heroic) with the healing distribution: 37k(Paladin), 35k(Paladin), 31k(Shaman), 31k(Disc), 31k(Monk).

Also, you ARE going to struggle with mana in P4. Try using the channeled mana potions at the very start of an intermission, just as the boss teleports

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    It's a bit confusing for me. Our healers averaged 35k for NORMAL Imperator kill. We had 3 healers for 12 players. How many healers did you have and what was your raid size?
    avoidable damage?, when I 4 healed 20man normal I did 32k and was top healer by a mile, the averaging healing of the other 3 was 21K

Quote Originally Posted by whyhellothere View Post
    The other healers, who are all 660-670 ilvl were doing 25-32k hps, while I was doing a mere 18-20K hps (and struggling with mana in p4 at that). I offered to drop the group due to my not pulling weight, but they asked me to stay anyways <3.
    Then none of you are pushing the limits of your gear anyway. At 660-670 on heroic imperator, 40k+ HPS is entirely doable. That's over the entire fight, though; you'll see lower numbers if you don't get very far, as the first phase has almost no healing and the damage in the second (knockback) phase is also fairly low. It also depends on how many healers you use and whether you're actually wiping from lack of healing or because you're getting the mechanics wrong. You obviously can't do more healing than there is incoming damage.

You probably could do a bit more healing than you do, and if you post logs then people here should be able to give you some pointers on what to improve, but it doesn't really sound like your performance is particularly bad. That kind of difference in gear level would explain the difference in healing done.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

did hc imp last night did just above 40k (43k or so) was miles ahead sounds like you re running very few healers, or taking several mines for that much damage, probably aiming for around 28k hps would be good, staying at 18-20k until p3.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    It's a bit confusing for me. Our healers averaged 35k for NORMAL Imperator kill. We had 3 healers for 12 players. How many healers did you have and what was your raid size?
    I think the first kill was with about 14 ppl and 4 healers while the second had 21 ppl and 4 healers.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    I think the first kill was with about 14 ppl and 4 healers while the second had 21 ppl and 4 healers.
    we 4-5 heal Heroic Imp on our off mythic night. 20 people and our healers run about 20-24k. We are currently in prog on bracken mythic(we started way way late just friends). IMP has a ton of dmg you can avoid and a ton of ways to cut down on the dmg you can't avoid. I have healed on my alt druid(670) and cleared it with around 40k hps, but ppl where getting raped by everything.

As long as everyone does the fight correctly and you have a good strat for adds, 20-24k is more then enough hps for kill imp tho. However if you don't have good raiders or you have very high geared healers the hps will be a lot more. Its just alot of imps dmg can be avoided or cut down by a lot.

Hi I am a recent returning player from WotLK, and have jumped back into the game as a resto druid. I've been working hard to gear up in quests/heroics, and am currently at 645 ilvl, a lot of which is poorly itemized PvP gear. A small raiding guild recruited me, they raid 2 nights a week fairly casually, basically what I'm looking for.

They are working on heroic Imperator and took me along, first time I've ever done the fight. I did just fine in executing the mechanics of don't stand in things and positioning and whatnot, I was even complimented for it. We were very close a few times but just haven't eaked it out yet. The other healers, who are all 660-670 ilvl were doing 25-32k hps, while I was doing a mere 18-20K hps (and struggling with mana in p4 at that). I offered to drop the group due to my not pulling weight, but they asked me to stay anyways <3.

Keep in mind that this is a very casual group, and I don't know what is considered "good" for this fight. But is that difference in hps typical of the gear difference between us? I am worried that alongside the gear I'm also doing something horribly wrong. Or am I just being paranoid and just need to gear up?
    Was one of the other healers a disc priest? Cause they totally negate our healing for the first couple of phases of the fight unfortunately, leaving us to catch up during transitions. I never did very well on HC Imp, everytime there was incoming damage id throw hots but it was too late, shields had already gone up and my hots sat there with their thumb up their butt. Ended up speccing doc and spamming wrath for almost the entire first phase atleast (with a mushroom here or there)...

The other healers, who are all 660-670 ilvl were doing 25-32k hps, while I was doing a mere 18-20K hps (and struggling with mana in p4 at that).
    It's allways hard to get good HPS values when grouping with higher geared healers, especially when using more healers than strictly necessary ("just to be safe") or if there's a disc priest involved.

I think the best thing you can do for this fight is to not let your mana get below 90% until the second transmission, and burn all your mana in that part.

You should think about your decision making instead of focusing on HPS numbers. Numbers can be weird for a number of reasons that people have already brought up. Ask yourself questions like:

- Is my positioning good, or was I caught off guard at any point and had to move when I should have been healing? How can I improve my positioning? This is less of a concern for druids admittedly since many casts are instants.

- Did I use the correct spells? Did I panic and used a regrowth on a person that would have been fine with something else? Did I use an expensive WG at an inappropriate time? Did I place the mushroom where it got the most use? (this of course requires that you know your spells, what their costs are, how much they heal for and that kind of technical information)

- Did I manage my mana correctly? If you are using too much mana in the less intense phases of the fight, look at the spell choices and over healing numbers, etc.

- Buffs. How good was my harmony uptime?

- Did I use my cooldowns in the correct places, taking fight length and fight mechanics into account? For example, one is perhaps saving a cooldown for an important mechanic and not realizing that it would be possible to use it an additional time before that. Make a timeline if necessary.

- If I feel like I'm doing most things right, but healing is still screwed up, start looking at what other healers are doing.

Basically, if you make good decisions, and the fight allows for it, you will do good numbers. You can make good decisions, and still get crappy numbers. A classic example would be the team being overpowered for the fight and a disc priest's shield doing the majority of the heavy lifting.
    Last edited by Pokty; 2015-02-01 at 04:10 PM.