BRF is close, need help from beta testers!

As the title says now that BRF is only a week away, I'm really struggling to decide on what specs to craft/gear for coming into BRF.

I'm just wondering how the fights are compared to Highmaul, and how the specs are looking to preform in BRF!

I know Assassin t17 bonuses are the ones with the highest % increase to DPS, but is it enough to make assassin viable for realm firsts?
    Also now that the gear itemization is much better, could that perhaps help?

I'm thinking combat for most bosses with maybe one or two sub bosses, as I've only seen the fatboss previews.

Anyone actually done the test on beta/PTR and are able to provide information on which specs you think will preform best for the encounters, and why?
    (A list would be much appreciated!)

Any input appreciated

-Mind

Sub/Combat for the forseeable future. Drop gear into a subtlety set and switch to that for single target, use the same gear and a slow off hand for combat in AoE situations.

This is purely on a numbers basis, I don't play any more and couldn't tell you if Assassination has an odd niche - it's possible, it has impressive two target performance.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    For people playing dual spec combat and sub, which spec do you find best for which bosses?

It looks to me like almost all bosses would be combat, apart from Gruul/Oregorger and the Bridge guy. Maybe Beastmaster is sub as well? (FoK Evis Evis spam, to pump damage into the boss) I mean enhance shamans will kill the adds anyway. Iron maidens could possibly look good for Assassin since its more "spread cleave".

I have not had any actual testing on the bosses, thus this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Combat has the largest DPS gain from 4 set as far as Rogue specs go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sle=true#gid=0

I will be playing the same specs I have in Highmaul. Combat for any type for Cleave and Sub for single target.

did the mythic testing earlier this week and let me tell you - 2pc & 4pc feels kind of like SoO days, your AR/KS uptime is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Pretty sure Combat has the largest DPS gain from 4 set as far as Rogue specs go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sle=true#gid=0

I will be playing the same specs I have in Highmaul. Combat for any type for Cleave and Sub for single target.
    I can't really speak for that whole spreadsheet. But sub 2pc numbers sim quite a lot lower than aforementioned sheet. No clue what set up they used for it, but it's not the same as the ones we sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Estocire View Post
    For people playing dual spec combat and sub, which spec do you find best for which bosses?
    Gruul - Sub
    Oregorger - Sub
    Blast Furnace - Combat
    Hans + Frans - Combat or Mut
    Flamebender Ka'graz - Combat
    Beastlord Darmac - Combat
    Kromog - Sub or Combat, depends on how position reqs pan out
    Operator Thogar - Combat
    Iron Maidens - Combat
    Blackhand - Combat

Quote Originally Posted by Senftw View Post
    Gruul - Sub
    Oregorger - Sub
    Blast Furnace - Combat
    Operator Thogar - Combat
    Iron Maidens - Combat
    Blackhand - Combat
    Why Combat for Blackhand? There's only one phase with adds and other classes are better at going up to kill them (just like Kargath). Am I missing something?

Also, the small adds on Beastlord Darmac are inconsequential. As long as your comp has decent passive cleavers, you should just use them to boost your boss damage as Sub, just like the Remnants on Mar'gok.

Quote Originally Posted by Senftw View Post
    Gruul - Sub
    Oregorger - Sub
    Blast Furnace - Combat
    Operator Thogar - Combat
    Iron Maidens - Combat
    Blackhand - Combat
    I am not familiar with BrF to a large extent, however it is not making sense to me that they would design so many encounters that have >1 but <4 targets that all need to die at the same time. In case you are not aware, Subt also has great cleave once number of targets gets to 4+, made even stronger by its ability to chain finishers into one target. Also, Assn is currently the best cleave spec on 2-3 target fights that need to be split for short periods, due to its ability to keep cleaving for ~15 seconds after targets are separated.

Don't get me wrong, combat is great, but I don't see it being an all-kill after the first wing unless the devs are THAT lazy (would not surprise me tbh).
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Deleted
    Are there any logs for raiding on ptr at the moment? Guess i'm being dumb but just worrying i'll get benched on my rogue. Are we suffering or are we top tier in brf from what ptr shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    Are there any logs for raiding on ptr at the moment? Guess i'm being dumb but just worrying i'll get benched on my rogue. Are we suffering or are we top tier in brf from what ptr shows?
    If your playing sub/combat you should be fine. Assas is garbage and it seems to be getting worse. The 4 piece bonus for combat is great but i don't see it overtaking sub for ST fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pentavelant View Post
    If your playing sub/combat you should be fine. Assas is garbage and it seems to be getting worse. The 4 piece bonus for combat is great but i don't see it overtaking sub for ST fight
    Good to know. My alt's Hunter but Subtlety is the only thing keeping me sane during raiding :X does the Vendetta trick still work or is that long gone?

Quote Originally Posted by pentavelant View Post
    Reading through encounters to date, I may actually spec Assn for Hans and Co, given that there will be portions of the encounter during which one of the two is not cleaveable by Combat. Maidens may be an Assn fight too. Holding out hope that I will have a reason to play all three specs!
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

just want to pop in and say while you can hardly use killing spree in the hans and co encounter, i still think it will be the optimal spec for that fight.

killing spree will get you killed a lot for that encounter lol

Deleted
    I did hans mythic last night and found for me Ass was better tbh to keep things ticking when one of the boss's was out of range starting up the belts, more focus on just been in the right place.

7+ Year Old Account
    just reroll blizzard hates rogues

infracted: spam/derailing
    Last edited by Kael; 2015-02-03 at 11:08 PM.