Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    At least you could fly in Cataclysm.
    That would be a thing if there was a reason to fly in WoD. There just isn't, there's barely cause to even use a ground mount once you've actually level capped. I guess that ties in to the lack of things to do, even the world content Apexis dailies actually feel like instanced content.

It is kinda strange, I have a ton of alts which is fine; I have plenty to do because of that, but that's traditionally been an end tier thing rather than a fresh expansion thing for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    do as i do imo.

i log in at wednesdays in order to cap conquest at ashran ( no real reason but i am playing at a pvp server ) on 2 of my toons.

rest of the days, i just craft profession stuff, gather herbs and mines, sort out mission and log off.

this will probably go like that until 6.1 because at 6.1 i will have plenty of reasons to log in ( yummy new battle pets )
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

It feels a lot like Cata because both expansions were the most about raiding, though it felt like Cata had a lot more to do than WoD. Atleast the revamped 1-60 content and playable worgen/goblin were very nice additions to the game, but WoD doesn't give that much content.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    do as i do imo.

i log in at wednesdays in order to cap conquest at ashran ( no real reason but i am playing at a pvp server ) on 2 of my toons.

rest of the days, i just craft profession stuff, gather herbs and mines, sort out mission and log off.

this will probably go like that until 6.1 because at 6.1 i will have plenty of reasons to log in ( yummy new battle pets )
    I wish I liked battle pets
    I wish I liked PvP
    I wish I liked Brawlers guild
    I wish I liked Proving Grounds Endless

Sadly I only like raids (real ones), dungeons (when current and required for raids) and gathering transmog.

Time to quit then pure and simple,

Or reduce your play hours,

Every Wednesday i. Burn through high maul lfr on two chars, 2 hours. I then do bt tk on one of those Chars, while I wait for the que I do the garrison chores.
    I then log to my third 100 and numerous 90s and do their garrisons and then switch off. Now I log on each morning to do each garrison and come offline. Some nights I'll pvp level on my SP because I enjoy that. And I'll do my last chars lfr 1 wing a night / day on the weekend.

I can do normal on all three of my chars, and my main has enough ilvl for hc. Sometimes I do normal runs, but most weeks I leave it. Stupid you say maybe. But I'll sit there one day and think, you know what I'm free tonight I'm going to do Hm normal atleast maybe try to get into a hc group. And I look forward to it instead of thinking sigh this shit again

Only other advice, if you like pvp, pick an op class and go have a blast levelling. Currently all my horde bgs are losing seriously 3k honor in three weeks with just 1 win. I don't mind though because I have a good laugh on that character. Dominate mind off ledges or platforms, or my favourite, alliance not ready to start ioc boss, dominate mind run the player in, cancel it. It's friken hilarious bonus points if you do it to a hunter. Another thing, one of my mates has a dk with shadowmourne and a warrior or rogue with glaives, both are at 91, with 90 pvp gear and three 640 crafted pieces. Yes, even the legenderies scale up so if you have a alt with one....

Im in the same boat. Is the expansion worse than others ? No. Probably the best we got this far. Am i tired of the game ? yes. Ive played the game for 10 years. 9 of them active and a year with more messing around being partialy afk.

Expansion add new and refreshing shit. But its the same game. They need to change too much to make it more enjoyable after 10 year and then it aint wow no more

Deleted
    I love it currently.

it is no longer mandatory to to boring stuff in the world as a time sink (daily rep grind, farm crap, etc.)
    i have time to play other games, do other stuff outside WoW without hurting my competitiveness with guildmates in the raid

but i can understand if you have no life outside WoW it becomes boring...

Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    So no need to play a game you pay a subscription fee every month to access? I don't see the logic here at all seriously.
    You do not have to play EVERY single day even tho you pay a sub fee. Its the same fee no matter how much you play.

10+ Year Old Account
    So no need to play a game you pay a subscription fee every month to access? I don't see the logic here at all seriously.
    He said not 'every single day', which is fair enough. Unless you need to do your daily profession cooldown on all your 12 alts. And your Herb garden, and Mine.

Well, there is no need to play it everyday. I would also grow tired of any game on my computer if I played it everyday. That's the logic, if you play/do something everyday (and that is pretty much the only thing you do everyday), you grow tired of it. Do you pay netflix, spotify or TV fee each month? Do you watch/listen to that 24/7?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play the game everyday, no wonder you're bored.

Mix things up.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me personally cataclysm sucked (except for the first tier because I still raided heroics) and wod sucks aswell.
    Both are pretty bad expansions. Mists of pandaria was an amazing expansion. Fuck all the pandas but the music was great, the environment was beautiful, the raids and story with wrathion were cool. What did we get in WoD? One raid and garrisons. I only login to do workorders and missions and dont login for the day. Other than on wednesday to do legendary quest and mount runs and thats it for the whole week. Useless.

Im not here to argue with anyone, just stating what my opinion is and that probably nothing can change it.

well my girlfriend and I felt we should quit for a while like we do every expansion.. so it's that time to quit for a few months then come back and play catch up for a couple months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am asking myself the same. Let us look at TBC that so many praise. The first x-pac where a guy made max lv in like 24 hrs after release. The first x-pac where my guild rushed to max lv. And then what? Karazhan (awesome, I give you that), Gruul, Maulgar, Magtheridon.

Oh yeah..and running 5 man over and over and over in normal for rep so you could buy a key and run those 5 mans again in heroic.

...and what did the people who who did not raid at all. Because TBC was still something with relatively few people raiding. (compared to the end of WotLK and beyond)
    Still, subscriptions went up and up and up during TBC, even without content for the "casual" players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    - No idea what the current story is about anymore.
    Although I am not bored at the moment (busy alting and playing Garrisons and Pet Battles a lot), I do agree with this point. I felt the story was more present in MoP than it is here.... I know we are fighting the Iron Horde but I don't feel the connection to a greater story really. Or something it's working towards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    Still, subscriptions went up and up and up during TBC, even without content for the "casual" players.
    Yeah WoW had loads of competition from other MMOs back then

Well, sucks if WoW is the only source of enjoyment in someone's life. Other people would just quit if they were bored without having to open a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am asking myself the same. Let us look at TBC that so many praise. The first x-pac where a guy made max lv in like 24 hrs after release. The first x-pac where my guild rushed to max lv. And then what? Karazhan (awesome, I give you that), Gruul, Maulgar, Magtheridon.

Oh yeah..and running 5 man over and over and over in normal for rep so you could buy a key and run those 5 mans again in heroic.

...and what did the people who who did not raid at all. Because TBC was still something with relatively few people raiding. (compared to the end of WotLK and beyond)
    I ran dungeons and dungeons and dungeons and dungeons. I loved doing those. Because they were "hard". It was not a sure outcome of we would kill it. Ofcourse over time (at tier 5 or something) it became a sure thing unless with a PUG of new players. Dailies and repgrinding was nice too. Running Kara with your alt was nice too.

Ever since dungeons have been piss easy and they made less of them aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked the thread.

THere is already multiple threads touching the various subjects.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..