Poll: What is your subscription status?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quit after the leveling experience back in December. So boring. I look forward to the Guild Wars 2 Expansion. Now that there is character progression will be in the game, it's all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The only zone I really liked was Spires of Arak, and that was only because of the story of the Arakkoa. Even that zone could've used improvements.
    Weird. That one was my least favorite, I felt like they could have done more with it (including sending you up to some other portion of Skyreach perhaps). The zone is also made weak by the generic goblin nonsense quests that you wind up doing along the coast.

ATM im still subbed. I'm kind of doubting it will stay that way though. Waiting for blackrock then probably letting my sub drop (a couple of games i'm looking forward to playing should be out by then anyways)

I realized wod was trash about 4 days in, no plays to return. Eve online too much fun.

Currently not playing it, due to RL, but I'm boored with it already, so it's mixed. I still have an subscription though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like WoD as an expansion, but I like the raids. The only reason I still log in is to raid, but I don't do much outside of that. I've not even been doing the garrison campaign quests since I don't even see the point anymore.

Unsubbed and I'll only be back in the next expansion 1 month after its launch (after seing people's reaction). Way too many things that I dislike.

Currently playing FFXIV and really enjoying that.
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2015-01-29 at 11:44 PM.

unsubbed my time runs out feb 13th will probably give normal/heroic brf a run until my sub runs out i'll have 10 day or so to try it out then i dont plan on resubbing unless more content is available to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Weird. That one was my least favorite, I felt like they could have done more with it (including sending you up to some other portion of Skyreach perhaps). The zone is also made weak by the generic goblin nonsense quests that you wind up doing along the coast.
    Oh absolutely, I was disappointed we didn't get to go up on the Spires in the questlines, other than the two quests at the end, and only one of them was on one of the Spires. It would've been great if that zone was like split 50/50 between questing on the Spires and questing in the "slums" underneath. And it also lacked a good ending. Could've really used a scenario and a cutscene at the end. But there was something about the story of the Arakkoa, that whole corrupted by a dark god, cast aside by their own brethren, abandoned by their sun "god" and seeking refuge in the shadows, being protected by the Ravenlord Anzu. That whole fate of theirs was just so touching and the music added perfectly to it. Could've been better, even Arak wasn't the best it could've been, but the Arakkoa story and the whole feel to it, for me, was something that really touched me. I don't know, something about the Arakkoa and their fate, losing their wings, finding a new destiny for themselves, just something I really found very deep and emotional. Those two texts really moved me.

http://i.imgur.com/Kxi7C0i.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/BtEnVO7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    That might be it, in fact. Draenor's story doesn't 'wow' me, because it breaks the fourth wall too much. Rather than feeling like the next natural step for the story of Warcraft, it feels like a sudden stop where we are all supposed to look back at the past with rose-tinted goggles. I feel like everyone on Draenor is a ghost, already dead and beyond saving. The "real" inhabitants of Draenor are long gone in my view.
    This definitely resonates.

Good write-up overall, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post

Have you not payed attention? The expansion had problems even months before it launched. It was already off to a rocky start with the lore being about an alternate universe Draenor past, with heroes being resurrected for nostalgia's sake and the story not really going into the direction that it logically should've taken. But at first it looked like it could be good. Then they started scrapping and delaying things. Karabor and Bladespire scrapped. Tanaan delayed. Farahlon probably scrapped at this point. Things delayed to 6.1. Probably only gonna have 2 raid tiers. That all was before the expansion launched. Then we saw how little content there was, how below average Highmaul as a raid is and how deeply ingrained the facebook garrison game is into the game. Professions being in the state they are in. No real daily quest hubs like in 5.0 and 5.1. Story and questing is a mess and for the most part boring as hell. All in all it feels as if WoD had some good things to it that they could've made into a great expansion, but it just didn't quite work. Feels like an unfinished mess developed by developers who half-way through stopped caring and thought "fuck it, let's just put it out".
    This was not addressed to me, but

1) The nostalgia was one of the big sell point for me, seeing all those hints to Burning Crusade was fun
    2) Delaying stuff to 6.1 was fixing an issue the game always had to rush content at the beginning and running out at the end
    3) Who cares about Karabor and Bladespire really? Nobody would ever leave their garrison anyways. I only go to Warspear for AH and bank access and leave asap because I can't stand the sound of 1000 azeroth choppers.
    4) Highmaul is a fun raid, why is it below average?
    5) Garrison missons were a fun time sink, much better than let's say pet battles. However they should have been, like pet battles, account bound. Plus it's a gold printing machine.
    6) Professions? Beside maxing them for their perks, that has probably one of the most useless thing in the game before.
    7) I highly doubt more than 0.01% of the player base actually enjoy daily quests. those are masochist people.

So it's really subjective.

Personally I only miss doing the daily heroic for a reason. Sadly they made 5 man content that gets obsolete really really fast and with garrison missions you don't even need to run heroics on alts anymore, they gear themselves quite fast with missions and salvage yard.

And garrisons should have been a collaborative guild thing too. The focus is too much on solo play sadly.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2015-01-30 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    The methods used to convey the story were fine in WoD. There were lots of innovative little quirks, beautiful cut-scenes, a lot of well-written dialogue, and so on.

But I will also point out that the story is fairly 'meh' to me. First there's the obvious problem with alternate timelines and not caring (or knowing) who is who, what is what, and what impact any of it will have. But also, the expansion suffers to quite some degree of disjointed, rushed, or even poorly written story-moments.

This isn't exclusive to WoD, and each expansion has certainly had its flaws in the story department. For instance, I remember finding it slightly silly that the Lich King appeared just about everywhere in Northrend, taunting us but never dealing with us in person until we stepped through his door. Just weeks before, he had attempted to invade Azeroth, and now that we were trotting into his very own kingdom, his powers seemed rather tame. But there's just something about WoD that makes me feel nothing of it is really genuine or true.

"X character died there? Oh, okay. That came out of the blue, and I don't know what it means for the real timeline. But OK."
    "This zone ended all of a sudden, and with no real climax - or at least one which seemingly appeared halfway through the questing-experience? Right."
    "Does this dungeon even belong to this zone? Is it relevant to this zone's story-arc, or am I simply nudged in its direction to prepare for a raid?"
    "Hm. I feel like I've done this before, only in Outland this place felt more genuine and alive. This time around it feels more like a theme-park."

These thoughts and more kept popping up in my mind as I quested through Draenor, and it really irked me. Even Pandaria had its occasional flaw in the narrative, but it was at least a huge step up from Cataclysm and its extremely linear narrative. Warlords of Draenor feels like it took a step back again to the Cataclysm-model, conveying its story through a very linear theme-park; one which not only feels a bit insincere, but also like it was constructed in a lab rather than created out of passion in front of a desk, and tacked on to the real Outland-experience. All because Metzen (bless him) and his team felt like it would be cool to bring back the old Horde characters from the past.

That might be it, in fact. Draenor's story doesn't 'wow' me, because it breaks the fourth wall too much. Rather than feeling like the next natural step for the story of Warcraft, it feels like a sudden stop where we are all supposed to look back at the past with rose-tinted goggles. I feel like everyone on Draenor is a ghost, already dead and beyond saving. The "real" inhabitants of Draenor are long gone in my view.
    Fantastic post. You've put into words and clarified many of the nagging feelings I've had about this expansion. Nice job.

Deleted
    Cancelled subscription, but not because of the game. It's just my depression taking all my energy and making everything unfun. I'll probably return when I feel better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    This definitely resonates.

Good write-up overall, thanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Fantastic post. You've put into words and clarified many of the nagging feelings I've had about this expansion. Nice job.
    Glad I'm not alone on that, I've been struggling myself to pin-point what it is that feels wrong about the whole affair.

I leave a lot, but I often come back, so really, leaving for me is just another time and place for an adventure.

Just not now.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

id rather play pokemmo than wod in its current form

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    my girlfriend and I stopped our sub last night it will end in about a week, we feel like taking a few months off cause things are pretty boring for casual players.
    Don't worry, it's not much better for 'hardcore' players. Besides logging on to raid twice a week I don't feel any attachment or desire to do the rest of the crap left in WoD. I'm already incredibly bored of Garrisons and only do the missions that reward gold (also the ones that give items from the legendary quest or the Mythic caches but those are pretty few and far between). I have no desire to build the rest of the buildings in the Garrison and won't until I really feel the need to grind out more achievements. The questing is already done, the dungeons are useless to me now, the PVP sucks, I've gotten all of the useful treasures, and the rep grinds are ridiculously tedious, they don't respect nor are they worth my time. If I wasn't raiding I would be unsubbed right now, there's just nothing keeping me interested in the game. It feels like they made Garrisons half of the new content and somehow expected that to last more than a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsubbed. Not because of WoD in general, but because of Blizzard's complete ignorance towards class balancing and PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I don't like WoD as an expansion, but I like the raids. The only reason I still log in is to raid, but I don't do much outside of that. I've not even been doing the garrison campaign quests since I don't even see the point anymore.
    I was actually having a good time with the Garrison campaign but I'm already done with it so that's one more reason I'm not logging in anymore. I thought the campaign quests were a cool idea, they just really should have had more lined up.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It's a great expansion, I'll stay subbed.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!