Poll: what do you think?

Thread: 2k = elite?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really matter. 2k is the same as 2.3k MMR, nothing really changes except points get slower. At that point inflation will carry you anyway I've found.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Suuuure, it will be fun for YOU when you have all the gear, but that noobie who's playing 5h/week is going around in blue set, and you're going to stomp his face. So much fun...for you. I bet he wont be having fun.

Best way is to make Conq gear all free, and just give rewards for the rating, so the top-notch players can feel like special snow flakes.
    better players having better stuff? outrageous.

would somebody please think of the casuals?

Deleted
    Depends on the season. Seen plenty of Rogues who got their Duelist+ titles by spamming Fan of Knives and peaked at 1750 for all the other seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current system is good in the sense that the mandatory gear to put everyone on the same level doesn't require a personal rating. That should stay. It helps to attract people to pvp in this game, which is a good thing. The only drawback it has is that caping alts on low rating can be painful. But it's only until you leveled out the gear differences anyway.

There could be more stuff available at different levels of rating. 1800/2000/2200/2400/2600 already gives stuff (in the sense that 2200 gives arena master, but I think 2200 could use something more right now).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post
    Hunters are not strong atm they are decent but by no means op, take a look at the top 100 and you will see a pattern really fast.

I would not mind the list you made if we just move it 200 rating up.

so 2k vanilla set, 2.2k enchant 2.4k elite set and 2.6k tabard

from what you're saying 200 rating is not much of a gap ok but lets start it high.

or make it like back in wotlk where u needed a certain rating to get set pieces that way you're happy and im happy

so you always got a carrot on a stick from 0 - 2.4k rating
    Hunters are really easy to succeed with ATM. Just because well-played RMD is more OP in the very top ratings doesn't make hunters "not that strong". Trust me, they're strong. As I said, try playing other less popular classes and I guarantee you'll notice a big difference compared to your hunter.

They already had the rewards 200 pts up before, back in Cata when elite sets were first introduced, and it didn't work. 2200 was (and still is) just waaaaaay too high for most players. 2200+ is literally top 3%, duelist range, or almost there, in most seasons.

I fully support rating requirements on conquest gear. I loved that system when it was first introduced in season 3 and 4. However, again, it was too unforgiving for casual players and that's why Blizz scrapped it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    <3

So many wubs
    You're lucky tho, at least disc got a month of being OP at the start of s16. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    I even advocated a nerf to silence back then. It was retarded.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

I even advocated a nerf to silence back then. It was retarded.
    Meh, I hate how this season leaps from huge imbalances to more huge imbalances in a matter of months. One day every single healer is a disc priest and retri palas are everywhere, then the next day priests and palas are extinct and it's all resto druids and hunters + wizards takin a shit on everything as usual.

I miss the days of TBC & Vanilla when leveling took time and you couldn't just breeze through zones with heirlooms. Made for a much more fun PvP when people couldn't just instantly reroll fotm.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the world of warcraft that you play, yeyeyeyeye.

Deleted
    I agree but I had hoped it wasn't the same look as the mop version...

That being said, geting 2.4 as disc right now is raaather hard. But I'm patient.
    you should have moved faster, they were gods in the start of the season

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    Hunters are really easy to succeed with ATM. Just because well-played RMD is more OP in the very top ratings doesn't make hunters "not that strong". Trust me, they're strong. As I said, try playing other less popular classes and I guarantee you'll notice a big difference compared to your hunter.

They already had the rewards 200 pts up before, back in Cata when elite sets were first introduced, and it didn't work. 2200 was (and still is) just waaaaaay too high for most players. 2200+ is literally top 3%, duelist range, or almost there, in most seasons.

I fully support rating requirements on conquest gear. I loved that system when it was first introduced in season 3 and 4. However, again, it was too unforgiving for casual players and that's why Blizz scrapped it.

i play shadow priest aswell, but i dont see a difference.
    yes im more squishy but i do a hell of a lot more dmg aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I think we should go back to the wotlk system

gear only avaiable trough rating

highest rating you needed to complete your set was 2k (to get the shoulders)

tabards at 2300, elite weapons at 2,2k
    That's a garbage system. Thats nothing but elitism speaking. PVP is about competition, being gated like that gave a stronger advantage to early bloomers. Can you not see how ass backwards it sounds to give more power to the better players? Let skill matter, but skilled players don't need MORE advantage over lesser players, that's just backwards thinking. Cosmetics is perfectly fine.