Thread: Mythic Ogrons

Deleted

Mythic Ogrons

So right now we are stuck on Mythic Ogrnos, and we seem not to move from a dead point in the fight, max we gotten to was 55%. We seem to wipe to second pulverize when it lines up with roar. Im just out of ideas whats going wrong, heres 1 day worth of trys https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FyMak2G1Jq7vZKY3/

Will do most recent ones tonight if needed.

Spent 15 seconds taking a look under the "Problems" tab in the log. Several obvious things there for starters, take a look.

Deleted
    For the 2nd Enfeebling you need to be sure to get a 3 yard spread between all players stacking,

Like Daystone said, click on the problems tab, its pretty self explanatory.

You have people dying to completely avoidable stuff like shield charge and 3+ fire stacks. For the pulverize / enfeebling combo you need to assign raid cooldowns for each to make sure people don't die to the combo damage. You have hunters / mages for amp magic and aspect of the fox. You also need to use personals more.

Finally only about half the raid is prepotting. Just shows a "meh" attitude.

Your pally tank doesn't seem to have dodged any shield charges. Does he know he's supposed to avoid damage?

Seems like your guild is in a similar spot as many. People just ate damage and got healed on normal and heroic, so they never learned that not taking damage >>>> their fucking DPS. No, they can't finish their spellcast before they dodge, no, they don't have to stay in melee range of the boss if it means eating a Blaze, yes, they will have to run a lot sometimes to dodge Blaze.

Look at the damage taken by spell tab, and start berating and belittling the people in the top 50% until they get it.
    Last edited by bicycle; 2015-01-29 at 06:04 PM.

we call that one the wombo combo

you just have to move in and loosely stack around phemos. we use barrier for that one as well. the range on enfeebling shout is pretty good so you don't have to stack hard on eachother.

Lots of obvious issues, but if you're always wiping at that specific point (it is a bit tricky) what our guild found worked best was to be ready for it and start stacking under phemos in advance of the actual cast. Gives you some time to stack under him but stay a few yards away from everyone else for the pulverize.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it helps to announce pulverise and enfeebling very precisely and verbosely every time it happens as the warning signs of their approach are limited to the energy bars and boss mods.

For the Enfeeble/Pulverise combo in particular I clearly announce in teamspeak every single time: "Pulverise/Enfeebling combo coming up, stack in but don't be standing on eachother." Regularly I remind them of the 3 yard spread too. For the third Enfeebling I remind people as the pulverise is happening that the Enfeebling will happen after the massive circle. For the fourth Enfeebling I remind people to come in after the arcane shield charge.

Raid cooldown assignments from the healers for enfeebling handles the rest.

The final danger point of the fight (quake > pulverise > whirlwind combo) I tell people to use any remaining cooldowns that they have left for the final big circle.