10+ Year Old Account

[Guardian] Is set bonus worth it?

Should I be aiming for the set pieces or not?

Cause only piece stat vise from the tier which beats the none-tier pieces are the shoulders. I am gearing for mast > versa > multi > haste > crit, the rest tier pieces don't have imho that good stats to take over the regular piece.
    And in all fairness, I might be dumb, but the set bonus doesn't seem that appealing as well to aim for.

Deleted
    2 set yes would say its worth it, 4 set can live without.

To put some perspective on the set bonuses, the problem with the 4pc is that the use of FR is very minute, and the benefit is more of "icing on the cake." The 2pc, on the other hand, offers a decent RPS gain on an ability that gets massively more use than FR on any given encounter.

For example, my last mythic Imperator kill had me using FR 4 times and using T&C around 90 times on an encounter that lasts 14-15 minutes. Should be mentioned that all those FR's were used while I was dealing with Mark of Chaos and had nothing better to use the rage on.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Mkei, so I would assume that legs and shoulders will be the best choice for 2 set based on the stats they provide..., I just value the stats more then anything else on my gear ^^

I have tons of people going for Vanquisher like 2-3 resto druids, 1 balance, 1 UH DK and 1 mage

I'd use chest+legs. Considering that i think multistrike is worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyd View Post
    I'd use chest+legs. Considering that i think multistrike is worthless.
    Can you elaborate please why MS is useless?

At this point (trying Imperator mythic) i've found close to zero number of encounters where i would be oneshotted. That is what multistrike supposed to do - make your healthpool larger and prevent oneshot. It does almost nothing in terms of reducing damage and very little if any in terms of rage generation.

FR is amazing especially for fights like Mythic Imp.

2pc is great, definitely go for shoulders and pants. 4pc bonus is decent, the problem is that the remaining tier items are pretty poorly itemized. Helm is awful, chest and gloves are better but still much worse than the other options available in Foundry. I'll probably pass on 4pc until the rest of the raid has theirs.

Multistrike is an excellent stat for progression, it provides a huge amount of EH per point, and is also pretty great for DPS. On primarily physical fights it's still of course lower than mastery, but much better than haste or crit, and for me about even with versatility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks ^^ for the discussion, 2-set it is , but I'll be probably skipping on all the tier until our trees (yes meant in plural), chicken and mage have theirs.