Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Imperator is a failure of design in the sense that there are realistically only 2 phases where a competent raid can wipe, with a few wipes in P4 also inevitable until people get a feel for the mechanics.

2nd intermission and the Fortify-Replicate phase are literally the only 2 phases of the fight that are genuinely challenging, which results in lots of silly wipes to trivial mechanics because people space out in the first 9 minutes of the fight which are a complete and utter joke.
    Easy to say that now when you outgear heroic Imp , I wonder If you even tried him / kill him on the first week? It was a good fight with 645 avg raid ilvl ...

Deleted
    The only problem with imp being a long fight is that he's not really an iconic or noteworthy character. Facing off against Deathwing and Arthas was intense and worth it, while imp...was just imp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be pretty upset if blackhand was not a very long fight. The guy is decked out in heavy armor and is the epitome of a "tank". As a raid designer, it makes sense to have the last fight be the longest, that or stick one in there. On top of that, every single raid tier has had a very long fight, and some (ulduar) took it to the extreme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neehs View Post
    Progressing mythic imperator was the worst shit ever...

Its' just too repetetiv for it's length, and I just can't stand it, otherwise long fights are alright...aslong as it's not just drawn out and actaully worth it's time.
    I think the reason imp was so basic was because it was the first raid of the expansion and they didn't want to over complicate the last boss of highmaul.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    Personally, I think fights should be capped at about 10 minutes, anything longer should be front loaded. Imperator gets harder and harder the further in you get, with Chogall phase being a little easier after you get the strat down. However, Chogall is like 11 minutes in and it'll take at least 5-10 solid/clean transition to get him. You'll likely wipe many many times before you see them.

I don't see many guilds going back to kill him after BRF releases, and that's a problem in my eyes. He's really just not worth the time unless you are going for ranks, and any guild that hasn't got him yet already lost any meaningful rank. I've always felt the last boss should drop higher ilevel gear (or more gear), given they are usually harder than every other fight in there combined.
    Mythic Imperator does have an outgearing cheese mechanic though. If you have enough gear and HPS to pump into the raid shield during the Chogall portion you can ignore basically all the mechanics of that phase.

Imperator mostly sucks because of the instant raid death mine mechanic combined with its length. Brackenspore is actually worse with this but that fight lasts 8 minutes, not 14.

It was not that it was long or difficult, it was that it took 10 minutes of playing a boring cakewalk minigame to get to the 5 minute real encounter of phase 4.

I'd rather have 4 intense minutes gettin my ass kicked than these 10 minute fights with

1 min.: not skippable intro dialog (lich king anyone?)
    3 min faceroll phase 1 (lich king anyone?)
    4 min not so hard phase 2 but potential wipe if somone is asleep
    last minutes: overtuned phase 3, any individual mistake will wipe you

How can people find this entertaining... ?
    Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!

I find it entertaining because you slowly learn each phase as a guild and figure out how to put it all together. And it feels good to finally beat it.

All the phases before test your focus. If you could just walk in and do only the hardest phase it'd be too easy and it rightfully wouldn't be seen as as much of an accomplishment.

I think they're going to retain this extended fight length for end instance/tier bosses. Seems to be completely by design to pump that HP pool up, for better or worse [usually perceived as worse]

It's one of the ways they choose to add difficulty to an encounter, like how some of those beta bosses were a pain or unkillable because of the purposely overtuned hp pools. There's different kinds of encounters out there, probably worth it to list all the categories, but here it's meant to be a "multi phase" "long fight". While dashing in a "one guy can wipe the raid" mechanic among other things.

As long as these double encounter lengths only pop once or twice an instance I'm cool with it
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-02-01 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer View Post
    Sha of Fear was the worst of this bunch. My first kill was on 25m heroic was 23+ mins long. The only saving grace was wiping in P2 you started with the haste buff to push P1 earlier.

Mechanically it wasn't hard (except P1 platform dancing and P2 ball passing could be annoying). It was just a long, drawn out fight.
    Pretty much this. I hated that fight because it took forever and random dcs/phonecalls/life could really impact any decent pull on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every last if not most end fights of each Raid will be long. It's how it is. Deal with it boys and girls.

Long and short of it, multiphase fights are almost universally praised for their epic feelings, most people's favorite fights have multiple phases. It is also difficult to make a 'phase' meaningful without at least like 1.5-2 minutes of execution required. 5 phase fight? probably AT LEAST 10 minutes, or each phase is too short to feel like anything.

Quote Originally Posted by NessajKDS View Post
    Brackenspore is the worst imo
    brackenspore takes like 5-7 minutes O_O

Mythic Blackhand will be around 20 minutes.

I wish there weren't but there will be. I personally get so sleepy during the first 3 phazes of Imperator, ugh. I almost detonated a mine the other day because I was thinking about something else it was so boring. Not a sensation you want to have in a video game...but I had it on fights like Death wing etc. Super boring 3 phases until the last part where you either fail or kill him.