Deleted

Looking for good CM Frost Guide

I'm looking for good FrostMage CM guides. I pretty much need everything, Talents, Stats, Rotation etc. Doesn't matter if it's very in depth or short.

would be interested to - especially the stat distribution - which stat after multistrike? Frostbomb vs Icy Nova after 6.1?

But I guess - all in all - just do it before 6.1 nerv patch - Icy Nova is really great as an aoe stun at the moment

Icy floes
    Ice barrieR
    Ring of frost I guess doesnt really matter
    Greater invis
    Frost bomb
    incanter
    Prismatic

Multi+haste on everything. prepot every pull. 4 or more targets you cast blizzard. Use frost bomb when you've got 2 charges of fof or before using frozen orb. If you can use freeze use that instead of water jet. If you need to kill a specific target in a large pac, drop your orb on the pack and frost bomb the kill target and spam lance in to him. You will still do good AOE burst but the lance damage won't be split around the entire group. I'm not perfect at mage but this is a general good idea of how to play frost mage. Note I stop cast lots in this video. Do not stop cast, I don't do it anymore. Use frozen orb if there is 4 targets or prismatic crystal is up. http://youtu.be/N64GqqmJbBM
    Last edited by Invrlose; 2015-01-31 at 07:58 PM.

Use your orb as often as you can and only blizzard 3 - 4 targets if you know that you are going to use Frozen Orb again soon. Sometimes it is better to just single target the most dangerous target than to shave a few seconds off of orb. Use your freeze to shatter Frost Bomb if you can but only if you don't have any FoF. I like Ice Nova in Skyreach because the stun actually helps in that instance. The pulls in Skyreach are all small but hard so you don't have orb for everyone which makes Frost Bomb in a little weaker than other dungeons. A lot of knowing when to CD in CMs is just getting in practice. Always use your cooldowns and then learn where you might need to save them. For example Prismatic Crystal is very strong on bosses so try and have it up for every boss but don't miss out on a cooldown of it if you don't have to. Frost Bomb does a lot of aoe work, there is no reason to wait for 2 stacks of FoF before you Frost Bomb. Just make sure that you are trying to cast your bomb on a target with high HP. Don't be casting it too much and wasting a lot of time.

For gear just try and get as much Multistrike and little to no Mastery. I have read that both crit and haste are best after Multistrike, I learn towards haste, but don't worry if you have a lot of crit. The talents listed above are what you want. If you are having trouble killing some bosses in time you can have a second Frost spec that has Mirror Image and Ice Nova that you can swap to and melt single target.

Hope this helps you out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just run two Frost specs, and respec before and after each boss encounter when there is substantial trash before the next boss. When doing CM boosts, I run IN/MI/PC and FB/IF/TV. Works like a charm.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.