Deleted

Survival Hunter Focusing Shot (PvP)

Hi guys, been searching about focusing shot in pvp and everybody seems to recommend munitions as the optimal choice for pvp. I understand why, I used munitions myself as the snare coupled with concshot is a powerful combination, however there are some comps where the slow isn't needed and poison is better.

My point is that munitions has low damage in pvp and focusing shot trades some of sv pros with cons, the pros being better damage. When combined with toth, trinket and 2p bonus, sv can dish some incredible burst. As of now I used it only in casual content with success (which is not telling) and was also fun, I didn't feel the mobility as that much of an issue. It can also be somewhat remedied with glaive toss when situation calls for it since otherwise I might as well leave the 90 tier empty (I actually never use any of these talents, maybe powershot in eos and ab). And lastly, as a sv I can profit from fox with focusing shot, which is now used only when my caster friend calls for it.

I know the downsides and that it doesn't profit from mastery and so on, the focus gain is however very important and the priorities and positioning feel more interesting.

Is focusing shot as bad as general hunter community think it is?

yes its awful and the slow from EM is OP
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Well, that is not really helpful. What kind of content are we talking here? 2200+ rating, or wpvp, duels, or group environment? I personally don't find the use of focusing shot that bad as it would seem from logs, the shot is not really hard to pull off in most pvp content. I know this is subjective, however I find the increase in burst better than munitions in pretty much anything that isn't arena (haven't tested it out yet in arena).

Is it worse than poison munitions in terms of damage potential (considering los)? Because it may be a good choice against casters if not.

Again I know this is subjective, but the talent works pretty well for me so I don't understand the stance of hunter community towards its use in pvp.
    Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2015-01-31 at 05:21 PM.

Yes, FS is terrible for PvP. EM is going to be your go to 100% of the time. Lone Wolf is also a poor choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    Well, that is not really helpful. What kind of content are we talking here? 2200+ rating, or wpvp, duels, or group environment? I personally don't find the use of focusing shot that bad as it would seem from logs, the shot is not really hard to pull off in most pvp content. I know this is subjective, however I find the increase in burst better than munitions in pretty much anything that isn't arena (haven't tested it out yet in arena).

Is it worse than poison munitions in terms of damage potential (considering los)? Because it may be a good choice against casters if not.

Again I know this is subjective, but the talent works pretty well for me so I don't understand the stance of hunter community towards its use in pvp.
    Frozen ammo is great for getting melee off of you as well as peeling. This is the case for nearly every type of pvp in the game. One of your main jobs in an arena and bg's is going to be peeling off your healer, frozen ammo is a very powerful tool in our kit to mitigate the amount of gap closers that all melee classes have in WoD. Just take a look at the other class forums and see how many people are complaining about frozen ammo, its one of our strongest tools in pvp, use it.

Deleted
    I know it's ot but lone wolf is a good choice for battlegrounds if you play MM, have a healer and know when to call your pet up.

It is possible to peel melee with concshot and glaive and harass enemy healers with greater pressure (again not talking about arena). I am also using snake trap (which I think is a very underrated glyph) and it helps wonders when helping people out against melee. Also hunter is a very popular class, I see 2-3 hunters in every battleground and all of them use munitions to snare people up, so isn't it better to add more pressure to the list? I use munitions if I am the only hunter on our team however to add more control to our group, but when hunters are plenty I see a noticeable difference in damage when I am using focusing shot, also dispels are lovely.

What if there are a lot of casters where poisoned ammo is a better choice than frozen ammo (caster comps) and the arena is nagrand or similar in los so it's more reliable to pull focusing shot off?