Brazilian real currency swap

So I am trying to figure out once and for all if changing your currency from USD to Braz real is legal or illegal. As many of you may know this has been gaining some popularity in the character xfer world and from what I can tell people are using it all the time. I have tested it and only paid 10.35$ for a character xfer. Someone in my guild did it and his xfer got stuck and he ticketed a GM about getting his character unlocked. The GM asked why he was using Real and he told the GM it was because he was a poor college student and didn't have the money. The GM then unlocked his character and gave him the xfer for free. Later that day we ticked a GM about whether this was legal or not and the GM we spoke to said this was impossible to do so he couldn't say either way (clearly an idiot). So I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this or heard anything after doing it themselves. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekzomg View Post
    So I am trying to figure out once and for all if changing your currency from USD to Braz real is legal or illegal. As many of you may know this has been gaining some popularity in the character xfer world and from what I can tell people are using it all the time. I have tested it and only paid 10.35$ for a character xfer. Someone in my guild did it and his xfer got stuck and he ticketed a GM about getting his character unlocked. The GM asked why he was using Real and he told the GM it was because he was a poor college student and didn't have the money. The GM then unlocked his character and gave him the xfer for free. Later that day we ticked a GM about whether this was legal or not and the GM we spoke to said this was impossible to do so he couldn't say either way (clearly an idiot). So I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this or heard anything after doing it themselves. Thanks!

is it legal? yes

Would blizzard lock that toon and or ban you? most likely
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Technique
    Capitalism and democracy are not synonymous