Deleted

Benfit of Miner in Mines?

Dear all,

I don't get what exaclty the benefit of a lvl 100 Follower with Mining Profession in the Mines is. Is it just a higher yield of ores from the WO like all the other hubs?

thanks
    Saaraae

Deleted
    Minecarts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warm View Post
    Minecarts.
    but I also get them without the follwoers assigned - I get 4 every 24 hours

Minecarts spawn without the follower, which is a publicly acknowledged bug but it was never fixed, so I haven't been assigning one myself. Mine WO production is paltry as it is. Better off with a good Treasure Hunter follower in 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by Warm View Post
    Minecarts.
    I get mine carts and I've never assigned a follower there. It's an old tooltip, and a blue confirmed as intended at some point. It's possible you get more mine carts, but mine carts are just automatically available in Lv2 Mines or better.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get 8 ore per work order, up from 5. Nothing else.

I wish the follower would mine our mines... That would make it so much easier to do NOT do it on 11 toons of mine. Same with herb garden. It takes me 2 hours to do everything and that is with only lvl 2 mines and herb garden =/. I am kind of addicted or obsessive about doing it everyday. I keep saying to myself, I am going to take a break from doing those 2 places, but nope... I still do it. I tell myself that oh it's just 2 minutes per toon, it's nothing... But it all adds up in the end. And I don't get the time to actually level my toons past 96 or 97 =/.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergar View Post
    I get mine carts and I've never assigned a follower there. It's an old tooltip, and a blue confirmed as intended at some point. It's possible you get more mine carts, but mine carts are just automatically available in Lv2 Mines or better.
    It's a bug, they're not meant to be.

I thought you yield more ores from work orders too, the carts are suppose to be the perk though, like how if you have a follower at the herb garden you can pick what herbs to grow.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought for sure they said they were going to address it

Also, players are probably aware, but Herb and Engineering building followers tend to be lackluster too, TH will probably do you better gold-wise there. Needing to keep a follower permanently assigned for WO in 6.1 is bad enough, but that's also one less follower you can be using to do Treasure Hunting with and stay on top of all the missions for big crates too. Just not going to be worth the perks/income they provide. Some other profession building followers are worth it though, and of course a Barn follower is a big deal next patch since doubles Savage Blood production

It's actually worse if your character is a miner. I have noticed my non miners with the pick from Spires of Arak and the pick buff take 2 seconds to mine a node but my miner with the same buff takes 2.2 seconds.