Prot Warrior CM - What's Best? Mastery or Crit?

Hey there fellow Warriors quick question among those of you who may have already done Gold runs. There seems to three schools of thought currently in gearing Protection and I wanted to know which one seems to be more successful for Challenge Modes. Also, does anyone know if there is a BiS list somewhere?

• Mastery>Crit
    • Crit > Mastery
    • Crit & Mastery Balanced

I know our damage isn't the best in there but that's never stopped me from getting all successful Gold runs in Mists and it certainly won't here. In addition, I heard that now the zone actually disables your socket? Last time I did a run I had no socketed gear but is that actually true?

Looking forward to what folks have to say regarding this topic and thanks for the time.

Xirek

Crit>mastery

Things will die a lot faster, you'll have more rage, use ravager on the big pulls for the 30% parry bonus. You will take slighty spikier damage though.

Deleted
    I used Crit > Mastery for extra damage, had some pretty close times a few times and extra damage always helps.
    With recent buffs to our damage it probably is even better.

Deleted
    I went with mastery, did them all well within the time limit. With the recent damage buffs i did more than enough damage

You could go either way, but you can pretty much optimize your gear for CMs to have a really solid balance of crit/mastery anyways. The only thing that will tip it over are your potential choice in trinkets, enchants, and bonus armor slots (rings/neck/cloak). I usually prefer to go crit anyways for the extra damage, but you can usually have ~80% shieldblock uptime for most trash packs (depending on your kill speed) which would favor mastery.