Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RatFanatic View Post
    You just claimed the 200CP doesn't matter because everyone is already geared.
    It's not 200 for me, my cap is over 9000 (literally a bit over 9000, no pun intended :S), I'm using ashran to get as much as possible.
    Last night it was the first time i ever got to do events, managed over 1k cp for 2 to 3 hours, not to mention i got half my nemesis quest done.

My character is in full Combatant blues, and the 2 epic trinkets (i'll buy the epic weapon next) and I'm a player that only does casual pvp (nothing rated) and garrison missions, if not for ashran i have no idea how i'd get equipment. I was mad about the change to Ashran, i thought alliance couldn't do events, but fortunaly yesterday I found a good group in lfg, i just hope i can find more groups like that in the future.

What do you mean by "Ridiculous amounts of gear dropping in Ashran"?

Quote Originally Posted by tmtb View Post
    What do you mean by "Ridiculous amounts of gear dropping in Ashran"?
    Probably all the vendor-trash/DE-bait ilvl 600 items?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by tmtb View Post
    It's not 200 for me, my cap is over 9000 (literally a bit over 9000, no pun intended :S), I'm using ashran to get as much as possible.
    Last night it was the first time i ever got to do events, managed over 1k cp for 2 to 3 hours, not to mention i got half my nemesis quest done.

My character is in full Combatant blues, and the 2 epic trinkets (i'll buy the epic weapon next) and I'm a player that only does casual pvp (nothing rated) and garrison missions, if not for ashran i have no idea how i'd get equipment. I was mad about the change to Ashran, i thought alliance couldn't do events, but fortunaly yesterday I found a good group in lfg, i just hope i can find more groups like that in the future.
    Making ashran for the people who cant arena or rbg is fine if you dont force them into that shitfest, a 2s win with double dps takes 3 minutes or so, 180 conquest for 3 minutes (6 if you lose every second game), not wanting to spend the same time on 200 point ina different weekly cap then you spend on the 1500+ arena one is very understandable.

Rbgs were bad (would have been great if random bg wins counted towards the rbg cap), ashran is worse (since we still have to rbg).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I dunno View Post
    It's quite the opposite for me. From getting just the 350 cp while the Horde owned the shit out of the events, now the Alliance owns the events and the Horde doesn't get anything.
    That's good man, im happy that for you it's happening the other way around.

But let me just take this "statistic" out of nowhere and risk saying that for a great deal of alliance players, the result they're facing is constant loss.

This week i went to Ashran 3 times and got what: 1 group that give a damn and went to the horde boss while when we went the events we got our arses kicked simply because there was more horde which i guess is a sign that the alliance doesn't even bother coming in.

On my server, there's no reason to go to the events as Alliance, other than if you're not carrying any fragments and want a quick trip back to base.

I've looked for custom Ashran groups, but those seem to be few and far between, and most of them you can't sign up for because "a group member is offline".
    But, hey farming treasures and daily event kills still give a better honor/hour ratio than slogging though random BG's or skirmishes. At least there's that for gearing up

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    That would be the smartest thing to do. Even 50% chance on HK to gain 1 point if they fear caping too fast.

Let HK give conquest in Ashran. Let side objectives "only" give bonuses to push road. And only the bosses give a chest but with a steady 20-30% chance of epic : GG you made a real PVP zone...
    Doing this would essentially make it more efficient than running rated bgs or arena, not a terrible idea but I feel people would stop doing the other bgs because this would become the most efficient way to get both honor (artifact turn ins) and conq (hk farming).
    Last edited by xpose; 2015-03-04 at 01:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    :/ I like Ashran still I guess. As long as the boss still drops the crates of loot them I fine with the changes. Still less people will be doing Ashran because of it, as far as I'm concrned ashrans popularity was it's biggest problem. So the change seems so out of place to me.

Deleted
    Well they kinda force us to go there. 200 conquest per week and gear reputation req. Blizz if you force something it ain't gonna be fun. Plus ashran is total garbage. No real pvp is going on there. Horde is doing pve, and alliance is now crying. (i'm on horde btw). Blizz should just think of something else for a PVP zone. Up until now, Tol Barad is still best pvp zone, IMO.

Deleted
    Going around in a deathball doing the events until cap is fun if your faction is the one deathballing.

Felt kinda sad last week as were kicking the Horde out of every event. At some point the MQ event started and like 30 sec later the race event popped as well. We were already waiting for MQ so we did that as the Horde went to the race. After we finished the MQ someone said to go wipe the horde at the race and we did wipe the floor with them even though they already started the race. Felt kinda bad.

Quote Originally Posted by I dunno View Post
    Going around in a deathball doing the events until cap is fun if your faction is the one deathballing.

Felt kinda sad last week as were kicking the Horde out of every event. At some point the MQ event started and like 30 sec later the race event popped as well. We were already waiting for MQ so we did that as the Horde went to the race. After we finished the MQ someone said to go wipe the horde at the race and we did wipe the floor with them even though they already started the race. Felt kinda bad.
    How i felt as horde in my battlegroup pre 6.1 . Horde would own the events, then when the timers werent up we'de roflstomp the allliance back into their base and get the crate, rinse, repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.