Deleted

Elemental DPS Help (logs)

The Elemental Shaman in our guild (Westeria) needs quite a bit of help on her rotation/glyph choices and anything else you can think of. These are the logs we have and there are a few more on warcraftlogs if you search for Euphorians on Sylvanas EU.

Warcraftlogs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/3jLgYpK6WMPta7DH

Mr robot: askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/player/eu/sylvanas/westeria

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Westeria/advanced

Any help is appreciated. Added some spaces to the links since I can't post links yet.

Dunno how much of her gear is resto only because she's currently logged out in resto spec, but several pieces of gear are unenchanted, and free stats always help. She should get Mark of the Frostwolf on wep for a large DPS increase (or you could go with Thunderlord so it can serve a purpose for both resto and ele). She is not casting Earth Shock almost at all, so she is not dumping fulmination stacks almost ever. This is one of your highest DPC spells, and casting it becomes much more important when you get tier bonuses, so get used to casting Earth Shock at 15+ stacks of Lightning Shield now. Uptime on Flame Shock should be close to 100% on almost every fight, I see some fights where it's around ~65%. Lastly, Liquid Magma is a good spell for multi target fights, but either of your other level 100 talents are better for fights like gruul and gorger.

Deleted
    Why do people link logs and ask for help when even the gear is not properly enchanted?

Read a guide, buy the enchant advised there and THEN ask what's wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cianial View Post
    Why do people link logs and ask for help when even the gear is not properly enchanted?

Read a guide, buy the enchant advised there and THEN ask what's wrong.
    Because enchants are an easy fix, but as you can see she needs more help then that. And it doesn't help that she logged of in her resto off-spec. But we are manily looking for rotational help so we can give advice with what she is doing wrong there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendillion View Post
    Because enchants are an easy fix, but as you can see she needs more help then that. And it doesn't help that she logged of in her resto off-spec. But we are manily looking for rotational help so we can give advice with what she is doing wrong there.
    Yes, they are an easy fix. So by the time it comes for adding for help it should be done. And why are you adding for help and not her? If someone isn't motivated to improve with the massive amounts of info online, then you adding for help for them will be a wasted effort.

I never understood why people post help for other people. Unless they're doing it behind their back
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Well, she has 11% multistrike, this is nowhere near decent.

Flame Shock is only 78.98% uptime, needs to be alot more even on Thogar, and by alot more I mean 100%. But her Multistrike is waay down.

Deleted
    Hopefully the armory updates soon so you can see her elemental gear.

Looking at Gruul first off:

She is using Unleash Fury but only cast Unleash Flame 4 times. It should be much much higher usage.
    She is using Liquid Magma totem on a single target fight(and using it incorrectly). Her DPS talents should be Elemental Mastery (has this), Unleash Flame (doesnt use) and Storm Elemental Totem.
    There are instances were she is leaving Lava Burst up when its off of cooldown.
    - www warcraftlogs com/reports/3jLgYpK6WMPta7DH#fight=4&type=casts&source=9&view=events
    - From 36.5 to 53.8 she doesnt cast a single Lava Burst. Lava Burst has an 8 second recharge. She goes almost 17 seconds between casts there. Enough time for 2 Lava Bursts. She gets 0 lava surge procs there, so she is just leaving LvB up when its off of CD.
    - 55 to 108
    There are spots where she has Lava Surge procs for way too long
    - 31 to 36, 1:12 to 1:16, 1:49 to 1:54, These 5 second intervals are gonna be an issue. I suspect she doesnt have weak auras or something to show her when she has procs.
    She only cast Earth Shock 4 times. In a similarly timed fight, I cast ES 14 times. Granted I have a more refined rotation and better haste for more casts. I'm sure she is leaving too many Lightning Shield procs on the table.
    She isnt using a DPS potion (or double potting).
    She isnt flasked.
    She doesnt have Frostwolf on the weapon
    She gets petrify twice but doesnt use Spirit Walkers Grace to let her move into position while still DPSing.
    She has Shard of Nothing but didnt use it on the fight. If isnt using this over other trinkets, I'd be curious to see which. Armory shows she has Copelands and Goren Soul Repository, but if she does, she wasn't using them either because she doesnt have those buffs either.

These things, all seperate, are fairly minor. If you add them all up, she is somewhere around 6-7k off of where she should be dps wise.

Edit: ok it looks like she does have Shards, but isnt using it. She used shards twice all night. Maybe she had the wrong trinkets on most of the night? Looks like she isnt getting Goren Soul Repository procs until late in the raid which indicates she wasnt wearing the trinket. Armory shows she got the trinket last week so she should have had it the whole raid.
    Last edited by ZerowGG; 2015-02-27 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you so much for your repiles. Her armory is now updated with the appropriate spec and gear if you have the time to take a second look.

Deleted
    on top of what Equi wrote, i dont understand why she uses Elemental Mastery some seconds before using ascendance, she should have waited and stack the cds.