Thread: Kromog Help!

Kromog Help!

Hello everyone,

My guild has killed Kromog Heroic last reset. However tonight we spend so much time on him and 14 wipes later we called the raid off.

We used 6 healers in a 20 man raid. However, we kept wiping to many things like:
    1- DPS dieing during breath.
    2- Healers not able to keep everyone alive even thou we use 1 or 2 heal CD every breath.
    3- Tanks droping from full HP to zero very quickly.
    4- Hands freeing players too quick even when the guy wasn't DPSing it (is this a bugg?)

Here is the log from tonight (14 wipes on Kromog). What is going wrong here?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wWf2gADxYKRmJ1tk/

With two holy pallies why is your resto shaman 33% Healing Wave versus 11% Chain Heals for the night? For that matter, with 2 holy pallies how are your tanks not in good shape health wise? Your tanks weren't perfect of course, but the damage they took wasn't bad. Same with your raid...overall avoidable damage didn't look too bad.

This looks like a healing issue to me.

3tanking heroic (Tank#1 1 stack, tank #2 1stack, tank #3 (Best tank) 2-3 stacks, tank #1 taunts when debuff clears and rotation resumes.
    ^ Smoothes dmg significantly on tanks.
    Of course, be sure they are running away from slam, and that the raid is shaped like the following:

LEFT Melee ----------------------- Center/left Ranged dps-------------------Center/right Healers//tank healers ----------------RIGHT Tanks.

1. Your DPSers are not using personal defensive CDs. Most of them are also not using healthstones and potions (HP potions are perfectly viable, you don't always have to use bonus stats potions). You have tons of paladins and they don't ever use bubbles. Why? You can cancel it after Stone Breath. Same goes for DP, except you don't even have to cancel it. Out of the few tries I've bothered to check, your DPS warrior hasn't used Die By The Sword a single time. He can use it at least twice during the fight.

2. That sounds like an L2P issue. 6 healers is way more than you should need. Even my guild is using 5 in ~20 people raid, and our healers are definitely not the sharpest knives in the drawer. I can't tell you how to use the CDs, this is something that should be really easy to set up.

3. Are they running away from Slams? They should be. If they are, it's either lack of communication or healers' fault. You have 6 healers and 2 warriors, you can easily chain single target CDs on tanks. You can also go for 3 tanks, it's a viable tactic that makes healing the tanks easier.

4. Never heard of it.

So yeah, most importantly, make your DPSers use their personal defensive CDs, potions and healthstones, this will certainly take a lot of pressure off your healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    LEFT Melee ----------------------- Center/left Ranged dps-------------------Center/right Healers//tank healers ----------------RIGHT Tanks.
    Doesn't matter which side who is, tanks or melee can be on either side, as long as they just don't stack together

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Askmrrobot has infographics now where you can see where your group is failing, where you're succeeding and personal wins and fails as well.

http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2015/01/combat-infographics/
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Looking at your paladins at your last pull they're doing multiple things wrong. Most important, they don't cast nearly enough holy shocks and they even managed to waste some of that HP they generated for whatever reason.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=35&spell=109

Both of them are casting Light of dawn instead of eternal flame, which both of them have specced.

Dfighter cast holy radiance 13 times, with 46 hits. That's 3.5 out of 7 hits on average, very ineffective healing. Dezon was even worse, 9 casts and 24 hits.

Dezon specced eternal flame and cast it 3 times.

Neither used divine protection or hand of sacrifice.

In general they seem to be doing nothing from time to time, they both average around ~30 casts/minute (although you never lusted, so it's kind of inconclusive).

For reference our last hc Kromog kill (5:49, 21 players, 4 healers):

I cast holy shock 82 times
    I averaged ~40 casts/minute

I'd recommend comparing casts between our logs and see that they're missing out on holy shocks and prisms.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=25&source=22