7+ Year Old Account

Yet another gearing question.

Let me preface this by saying I'm a combat rogue who's a Muti rogue at heart. #sadday

I'm 681 as combat. We raid with a sub rogue, bm monk and an enh shammy for weapon perspective. My sub daggers are 660 PvP daggers. Because of this I'm full haste and just stay combat all the time.
    If I understand everything correctly, we should be cleaving 2+ with a dagger mh and Multistrike enchants/gems. And as sub, Multistrike is your main stat anyway, so correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like the best setup would be: full Multistrike enchants and gems, 2 daggers and one slow weapon.

This completely solves the "needing 2 full sets of gear" problems we were very vocal about at the beginning of this xpac, without gimping either spec in either way. I realize this is probably old news to everyone else but it was an epiphany I had last night while trying to find combats true bis.

So now the real question is, our sub rogue has 2 680 daggers, should I mainspec roll if a mythic boot knife or another oregorger dagger drops (he has one oregorger and one whatever the other dagger from brf is), or should I let the sub rogue take them?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes roll mainspec- fpr combat cleave an Oregorger dagger is BiS MH weapon, and youre weapons are still 660- upgrade those imo

Yes, gear full Mult and get a MH dagger asap. OK to use a dagger 15 ilvls lower, but probably not the pvp daggers. N Ore dag will do in a pinch if H version or M boot knife just not dropping. Don't forget to switch to Sub loot spec for bonus rolls!
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

My set for Combat is 1x dagger with Frostwolf and 2x slow weapons 1 with Frostwolf and 1 with Warsong.

Then switching inbetween those since the only time Dagger is better is at 3 targets or more. So some examples of fights:

Iron Maidens, dagger when all 3 there and slow wep when one goes to ship.

Blast Furnace, use dagger whenever you are in position of 3 and slow wep when there is less than 3 targets. Also go full singletarget with 2 slow weps on Primal Elementalist and the boss itself, only switch to dagger if u need to cleave a lot of adds during phase switching like clearing up in last phase and before phase 2.

If doing Flamebender on Mythic, you wanna switch to dagger for wolf phase. If on HC, just use 2 slow wep, most is singletarget and you will be able to cleave like 1 wolf at a time since other will be in ranged, there will be a short moment where they might meet at the boss to switch overheat but ain't worth it to switch for dagger even then.

Beastlord, if you are in a group where the adds dies slowly, use dagger but if you are in a good group with decent AoE, just keep 2 slow weps because 2 slow weps gives you more damage on abilities, dagger only gives you more poison procs but the amount of poison procs to make up for the spell damage of 2 slow weps isn't great enough to be competable if adds dies very fast. Also, if you are using MfD which you should on this fight, you will get a lot more spells of which will be a lot more damage in that way aswell for 2 slow wep.

Hans/Franz, 2 slow weps is best for dual and single target.

Operator is almost the same as Beastlord with some exceptions, whenever the Man of Arms and Flamebender arrives, you wanna switch to dagger because they won't go down quickly no matter depending on the group. My guild is raiding Mythic BRF atm and even on HC, we don't like one shot those two, so there will be quite some uptime for your poison procs then. However, during the phase where all the Raider's arrive, you wanna either switch to dagger if your group doesn't have good AoE and if your group does have decent AoE, just stick to 2x slow weps.

Also remember when using Killing Spree, you wanna do it with 2x slow weps since it gives a lot more damage. So say in this scenario, you are in dagger/slow and going through your rotation and now Killing Spree is up, you wanna switch to 2x slow then Killing Spree and at the 0.3 second of your KS, you wanna switch to dagger to avoid the GCD of switching weps and also because Killing Spree does damage at every 0.5 sec mark during it's full duration, so you are not losing anything by switching at 0.3 sec.

However, if you are at 5 CP when using Killing Spree, you wanna stay with the 2x slow weps to use on an eviscerate after the KS with the 5 CPs for that additional spell damage. Then switch over to dagger and continue building up. It's also okay to stay with 2x slow weps after KS if you are at 4 CP, get 1 sinister and then eviscerate. But if you got 3 or less then switch to dagger and if you can't use your CPs on an Eviscerate after KS, then switch to dagger at the 0.3 sec mark of KS.

Also remember when using dagger, you wanna have full uptime on SnD because of the poison procs. When using 2x slow weps, it can sometime be alright to wait out like 3 - 4 sec before refreshing SnD.