I would like your opinion on something.

The last few months I am constantly seeing posts, tweets and the like with people saying the following:

This gives me cancer.
    This gives me aids.

Now I have lost people to both those diseases and had a massive cancer scare myself a few weeks ago (longest 2 weeks of my life) and the above comments are just starting to piss me off more and more.
    For the love of anything you deem holy do you even understand or more important give a shit that there are people actual real life people that die or suffer from these diseases??

Can this be stopped, can the mods, should the mods just infract or ban people for using it say here on MMO-C?

So I asked for you for your opinion so I'll add a poll.

1. I care and want people to stop being idiots and have a small modicum of respect.
    2. I will keep on being an idiot and deserve to be treated as one.
    3. I abstain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering that gaming vernacular is largely hyperbole, there's a large number of commonly used words in our circle that are going to be grossly insulting to some people. Besides the AIDS and cancer things, words like "raped" or even just "gay" can cause irritation to certain groups of people, namely people who actually have been raped (to some this can even dredge up PTSD) or homosexuals respectively. I personally try to abstain from using all of the previous hot words out of respect, but to be honest, it was a hard habit to break at first.

In other words, while those phrases are very irritating or plain insulting to you, there's a lot of common phrases that you may use which are similarly insulting to other people.

The More You Know

/Rainbow
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have lost people to cancer as well, and they don't come to mind when I read that phrase online. I understand working to cultivate a more positive gaming culture (believe me, after the GamerGate thing I really do), but that doesn't happen overnight. In the meantime, it is also best to learn to ignore things that I guarantee won't go away for awhile. Even if mods crack down on that here, you'll still see it in Youtube and other places that you probably frequent.

If it isn't deadly diseases, it would be another thing. It shouldn't be the reference to disease that gets to you but the assholish in and of itself. If someone told you to die in a fire, you shouldn't be sensitive to burn victims. You should just write off that person as an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

My most beloved relatives/pets died from cancer, but I still say those phrases quite a bit. My Dad is recovering from cancer...

Something is wrong with you if words hurt you so deeply. Maybe seek some psychiatric help instead of advocating of banning/censoring words.

If we ban words that offend people there will be nothing left of our language that is safe to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the other thread, this isn't a good idea here. If you feel a post is offensive and breaking our rules, report it. Threads calling for us to ban or infract people are never constructive.