So lets talk about legendary rings...

Why does blizzard refuse to give us more options for this required piece of gear? As a min-maxing dps I don't understand why there is only one version of the DPS ring. The ring currently has the two worst secondary stats for my class/spec which is whatever considering that the ring itself is so powerful, but the issue comes when another class with the same ring, benefits from those same stats SO much more. It may seem small but why would it be such a big deal for blizzard to simply add a few more ring options to the list (they already have a tank/dps/healer option that you can choose from).

They seem to want to push versatility onto players and I'm ok with that (because vers is universally bad for pretty much everyone) but at least give us an option to change the other stat. We've already lost a large portion of our power of choice when they took out reforging, it would be a very minor fix to give us a little bit of choice in regards to our most powerful piece of gear. I was talking with a friend and he even suggested they could do something interesting with the ring by allowing you right click it to bring up a menu where you could dynamically change the stats on the fly. It would obviously be harder to code than to simply putting new rings in but it IS a legendary and it would be nice to have something unique to go with it (outside of an insanely inefficient and random proc).

Speaking of that proc... what in the holy hell is the deal with that? I've gone over logs and in the same spec with the exact same gear and in a fight that was almost exactly the same time limit, the proc rate is INSANELY inconsistent. I've had situation where it procced double and sometimes TRIPLE the amount of times in the same fight in the same length of time. RNG is one thing but... come on guys...

This is not a "cry" thread, I'm just curious if other people feel the same why I do in how blizzard to improve our options for a piece of gear that every single raider has equipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see the Legendary version having set-able secondary stats. THAT would be legendary.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Would be cool if they made it like The 1 Ring, but with all secondary stats.

A Legendary where you could select, and change, secondary stats would be pretty awesome. I'd vote for it.

As for the proc - RNG is RNG. I prefer "on use" abilities too. Nothing worse than a powerful proc during down time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    That would be pretty cool too. No need for 4 different rings. Make it one. This is the best idea so far

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    I like this idea more than anything else. THAT would feel legendary. A 750 ring with just a boat load of every secondary stat would really make the effort and waiting feel worthwhile. That would definitely drop my jaw. Just nix versa from the tanking/healer version and put in bonus armor or spirit instead in order to make it balanced.

by the end of the quest chain the ring will probably have all secondary stats like the cape did.
    calm down.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    by the end of the quest chain the ring will probably have all secondary stats like the cape did.
    calm down.
    except the cape didn't have all secondaries, it only had 3
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    except the cape didn't have all secondaries, it only had 3
    3 per spec still had all of them
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor