Why can't I solo Jinrokh?

So I started attempting to solo ToT on my shadow priest this week and I can't even get past jinrokh...he just picks me up every time I attempt to fight him about 30 seconds in and it resets the encounter each time. Now I know this can be solo'd because there's lots of videos of it being done on youtube...however, when I watch those he doesn't pick them up and reset the encounter. Am I doing something wrong, how can I avoid this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    however, when I watch those he doesn't pick them up and reset the encounter.
    Taking a wild guess here, are they all tank specced? If so, that might be the "don't pick me up" trigger...

because u're not a hunter... or a warlock. Aka let the pet tank and nuke.
    Last edited by Thamyor; 2015-03-01 at 09:02 AM.
    That’s what I do, Zoggosh. I think good.

As long as theres another target for him to hit when you get picked up it shouldn't reset. You can use a engineering target dummy, some trinkets summon things that work on it, or you just might need another player since you're a spriest

Deleted
    Shadowfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Shadowfiend.
    I wasn't sure if this got trimmed or not, but this should work as well. As long as it can take a hit or two from the boss, or about ~5 seconds or so till you it the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Taking a wild guess here, are they all tank specced? If so, that might be the "don't pick me up" trigger...
    The mechanic was originally designed to target tanks, so that wouldn't make sense.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    So I started attempting to solo ToT on my shadow priest this week and I can't even get past jinrokh...he just picks me up every time I attempt to fight him about 30 seconds in and it resets the encounter each time. Now I know this can be solo'd because there's lots of videos of it being done on youtube...however, when I watch those he doesn't pick them up and reset the encounter. Am I doing something wrong, how can I avoid this?

I'll take it you never soloed Cho'gall. It's the same principal, you need to stay close to him (like a tank would) so he doens't mind-control you , making the fight reseting. Jinrok is the same here

No it's really not lol.

Jinrokhs mechanic was aimed at tanks, so why would tanks be immune?

I've solo'd it on tanks, and all i can say is a load of people here have no clue about how his pick up works at all.

He will pick up anyone, and if there is nothing else in the room for him to attack, he will despawn.

As an engineer u can use taunt dummys, or as priest try use Shadow fiend (2 seconds before throw)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I'll take it you never soloed Cho'gall. It's the same principal, you need to stay close to him (like a tank would) so he doens't mind-control you , making the fight reseting. Jinrok is the same here
    Not quite. Jin'rokh's throw resets his aggro table. If there is nothing on his aggro table, he will reset. So you HAVE to use something that takes the aggro. For an Spriest, Shadowfiend/Mindbender will last just long enough. You also have to re-establish aggro before the summoned thing fades, he will still reset if you haven't placed yourself back on the aggro table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.