Gaiju and his pearl (new rare mob)

A new rare mob, a Krakken named Gaiju was datamined from the 6.1 PTR, along with an item called Gaiju Pearl, which transforms you into a Murloc with 200% swim speed. So far there is no information about where he spawns, and I haven't been able to find him, despite searching virtually the entire ocean of Draenor.

I tried asking a GM if he's actually in the game, but he flat out refused to say if Gaiju even exists or not.

Has anyone found him yet?
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2015-03-01 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    A new rare mob, a Krakken named Gaiju was datamined from the 6.1 PTR, along with an item called Gaiju Pearl, which transforms you into a Murloc with 200% swim speed. So far there is no information about where he spawns, and I haven't been able to find him, despite searching virtually the entire ocean of Draenor.

I tried asking a GM if he's actually in the game, but he flat out refused to say if Gaiju even exists or not.

Has anyone found him yet?
    Well, the GM might not fully know what you are talking about or allowed to say some. Just because it is datamined doesn't mean it is for the patch yet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Very interesting! I'll keep an eye out!

15+ Year Old Account
    The item he drops has been in since 6.0, though.

Sig by Isilrien

Odd that even the Voidtalon was found before this honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, the GM might not fully know what you are talking about or allowed to say some. Just because it is datamined doesn't mean it is for the patch yet.
    That's why I wanted a GM to say if it was actually live. He pretty much just said "if you can find him then he exists, if you can't find him then he doesn't exist". It's quite frustrating, given the wealth of information GM's gave out about the Voidtalon - they practically told everyone where to find it and the exact conditions for obtaining it, but this guy won't even say if the damn thing even exists or not.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    The item he drops has been in since 6.0, though.
    Nop. Was added in an early PTR build for 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Odd that even the Voidtalon was found before this honestly.
    I can only assume that it's either hidden somewhere in the ocean, or it was never made live.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2015-03-01 at 07:47 PM.

Deleted
    You'd think they'd add a clockwork giant to help you fight this guy

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I wanted a GM to say if it was actually live. He pretty much just said "if you can find him then he exists, if you can't find him then he doesn't exist". It's quite frustrating, given the wealth of information GM's gave out about the Voidtalon - they practically told everyone where to find it and the exact conditions for obtaining it, but this guy won't even say if the damn thing even exists or not.
    I swear, you will hate me so much but, maybe he wants you to explore and find the answer around the seas of Draenor? So fetch your trusted raft, bring along a good map. I wish you god speed, sailor.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Could be that the Voidtalon GM made a mistake and revealed internal information he shouldn't have given at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I swear, you will hate me so much but, maybe he wants you to explore and find the answer around the seas of Draenor? So fetch your trusted raft, bring along a good map. I wish you god speed, sailor.
    Already done it. I've explored the entire ocean and no sign of him

10+ Year Old Account
    Already done it. I've explored the entire ocean and no sign of him
    Then he may not be your foe yet, sailor. For he may be for a future patch or even event, that is the secrets and riddles of PTR. Till then, keep an eye open for I do like the idea of turning in to a Murloc before leading my attack on Stormwind, they'l never know what hit them.

Deleted
    the item doesn't show up in the toybox so it's not ingame

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    the item doesn't show up in the toybox so it's not ingame
    Or its not a toy. Plenty of stuff doesn't show up in the toy box.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

thanks for the information, i'll be waiting for this