Regarding Gladiators stat priority

Hi! I've been a Gladiator since the release of WoD. I can't post links, so I'll give you instructions to get to them. Please bear with me.

My armory profile is Deno at US-Goldrinn. Please look that up and feel free to suggest any changes.

I'm fine with my DPS, I'm not asking for help regarding that. But I'd like to discuss our stat priority. Back in Highmaul, I used to focus on something like this: Bonus Armor >>> Crit > Multistrike > Haste > Mastery > Versatility. I was doing fine, sometimes even being top DPS on fights like Brackenspore, Twin Ogron and Kargath. I always sucked when it came to Imperator though.

Anyway, BRF is here and some things changed. I'd like you to take a look at the Noxxic page that shows Sim Results. Just type "noxxic gladiator pve" on Google, select the most relevant link and go to the "Sim Results" tab.

I know noxxic has its flaws but I'd like to ask you what you think about these sim results. If you follow them blindly, it would be wise to stack Haste. However, I'm not quite sure about that. I know there are Haste breakpoints somewhere, and I'd like to know what they are and what they do. My fingers hate the Haste build so much, since my rotation becomes VERY spammy. I often finish a boss fight with my fingers hurting so much that I just /follow someone and skip the trash to the next boss.

However, nobody cares about my well being, so neither do I. I'm okay with spammy rotations as long as my DPS bar is on the top. HOWEVER, would it be wise to focus on, say, Crit instead? I usually tend to like Crit + Multistrike items, but I'm not sure if Haste could be a better option.

One last question: out of the 5 possible Tier 17 items, we must choose 4 in order to get our 4p bonus. After I come to the position where I am able to choose which pieces I can get, which one should I leave behind, and what should I get to replace it? If you wish to take a look at these items, simply type "Blackhand's Battlegear wowhead" and select the most relevant link.

Thanks a lot for reading the whole post and I'm eager to read your answers!

strength ~> BA >>> 675-700 haste (depending on ping, 675 absolute minimum with perfect play and 25ms or less ping) > crit > MS > vers ~= mastery > haste

i mentioned some fixes to simcraft developers and, in my testing, simcraft now matches all gladiator-related abilities ingame (There was a bug with mastery scaling that was ignoring the raid 10% AP buff, and execute coefficient fixed). I should probably run a sim of my own character again to get accurate stat values and get a reforge plot of haste vs crit to answer some of your questions.

As for your tier, I would just get all 5 tier pieces. It's difficult to get to the 675 haste breakpoint without it (shoulders and gloves).

edit: Sim of my character. Stat weights and reforge plot of crit vs haste included so you can see where the breakpoints are. You can see the huge dropoff of dps after sacrificing enough haste for crit on the right side of the line graph.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9768004/glad.html

Heres another one where I was trying to get the best gear provided only 680 non-socket gear was available. I was able to get 675 haste exactly, so you can clearly that its definately a breakpoint.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../gladtest.html
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2015-03-02 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you elaborate on that specific amount of haste needed for perfect play?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

No reason to even be playing Gladiator unless it's just for fun. Even then, enjoy carpal tunnel.

I for one enjoy playing as a Gladiator and think it's a lot more fun than Fury. I didn't enjoy Fury at all this expansion (I miss heroic strike far too much) and I'm pulling very competitive numbers as a Gladiator, so I don't see why I should change it.

Ssateneth, thanks a lot for these sim results! =) I'll take a look at them and also run a sim on my character. The only problem I have is that I play on a brazilian realm, meaning I've got around 150ms. This probably means I need to stack more haste than I should.