10+ Year Old Account

Changing Tavern -> Barn

I need a bit of advice - I'm pretty wealthy so I don't need treasure missions, and I have plenty of followers. Is there any reason to keep the tavern? I'm thinking of switching it out for the barn so I can get savage bloods.

Not really. I only keep the tavern for the itty bitty treasures missions now (thanks blizzard). If you're already pretty wealthy and got enough followers than the inn would be inutile for you. And the barn would serve you better. Plus you can make more money from raw beast hides and bloods than the treasure missions from the inn.

The treasure missions are a source of extra big crates, about it. The dungeon quests just seem to provide some small amount of apexis.

extra big crate, so just more greens?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    extra big crate, so just more greens?
    greens and follower gear, if you still need that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hang on, what's changed with the inn? I grabbed it at launch and found the rewards lacking, that combined with not running a lot of dungeons and having all the non-inn followers, it felt pointless, so I ditched it.

Are these treasure missions new? What kind of gold or apexis are we talkin' here?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Hang on, what's changed with the inn? I grabbed it at launch and found the rewards lacking, that combined with not running a lot of dungeons and having all the non-inn followers, it felt pointless, so I ditched it.

Are these treasure missions new? What kind of gold or apexis are we talkin' here?
    The Tier 3 inn always provided more gold missions. These are "extra" missions, they don't take the place of any others.

Also, you may have all the non inn followers, but thats nowhere near as good as being able to pick and choose what you want. I picked up a Treasure Hunter this Wednesday (+100% gold from gold missions ) and will grab a few more over the coming weeks. If I can always have 1-2 of those going on every gold mission I have, thats a lot of passive gold being generated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I need a bit of advice - I'm pretty wealthy so I don't need treasure missions, and I have plenty of followers. Is there any reason to keep the tavern? I'm thinking of switching it out for the barn so I can get savage bloods.
    your sentence negioate itself

" I'm pretty wealthy so I don't need treasure missions", i understand like: you re wealthy and dont need this(no dditional gold)
    "...so I can get savage bloods." i though you were wealthy for what you need savage blood then? for gold making, but you are wealthy though

my thougths: on main i have the inn 24/7 (no need to hassle, rebuild every 2 weeks for max recruit potential AND get profit from another building)
    i had 4 barns on 4 alts, just replaced them with trader building

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakrath View Post
    your sentence negioate itself

" I'm pretty wealthy so I don't need treasure missions", i understand like: you re wealthy and dont need this(no dditional gold)
    "...so I can get savage bloods." i though you were wealthy for what you need savage blood then? for gold making, but you are wealthy though

my thougths: on main i have the inn 24/7 (no need to hassle, rebuild every 2 weeks for max recruit potential AND get profit from another building)
    i had 4 barns on 4 alts, just replaced them with trader building
    Perhaps he wants to get some bloods without having to buy them from the AH ?

Anyway, the real soluttion is having a Barn -and- an Inn, since the other buildings aren't really that useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    Perhaps he wants to get some bloods without having to buy them from the AH ?

Anyway, the real soluttion is having a Barn -and- an Inn, since the other buildings aren't really that useful.
    people who are "ealthy" usually consider the "time" factor, in this case: Inn passive income, Barn once in a week go out for one hour and farm those worl orders.

the question is which he should ask himself:
    either: barn outcome + time invest
    or: inn passive income (+ pve followers) + (invest saved time in other gold making tasks / or fun making activities)

whichever he values more. he should choose

Deleted
    The tavern provides some tangible benefit in the follower recruitment + treasure missions, if you start recruiting followers with the double gold income that's a fair bit of extra money for no effort. Personally, I just keep it around because I like recruiting new followers and trying to pack a roster with a load of forsaken / trolls / whatever.

Depends how active you want to be, I'm too lazy and not in need of gold enough to want to go farming beasts for my barn constantly - I have it on a few alts, I'll take the passive inn benefits over more barns.

I dropped my tavern once I got the achievement and got my Avianas Feather. For people who like to level and min/max their followers sure its great, but otherwise I think Barn is much better.

I agree with this. I recently switch from a trading post to an inn as the trading post lost a lot of its value with the recent patch. There will no longer be as large of a discrepency of trade good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Geers View Post
    I agree with this. I recently switch from a trading post to an inn as the trading post lost a lot of its value with the recent patch. There will no longer be as large of a discrepency of trade good prices.
    Trading post is still the best garrison resource dump available, ive been sitting on 10k for weeks constantly grabbing ore/leather etc whenever need for work orders etc. although not sure how the scavenger+mission nerf will change this, would still expect to cap very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    If you're pretty wealthy, why do you need savage bloods in the first place?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kochanski View Post
    Trading post is still the best garrison resource dump available, ive been sitting on 10k for weeks constantly grabbing ore/leather etc whenever need for work orders etc. although not sure how the scavenger+mission nerf will change this, would still expect to cap very quickly.
    I still cap a lot since they increased the amount of GR from most missions. I dump them in to sea scorpion segments and dust to sell on the AH. I dropped the tavern recently to pick up the Gladiator's Sanctum since I started running Ashran a lot. I will get all of the titles, finish off my 660 gear set, then put the tavern back in for the treasure missions. Most likely swap it back out later on if they release new buildings or if I need to gain more honor/conquest again next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    The Tier 3 inn always provided more gold missions. These are "extra" missions, they don't take the place of any others.

Also, you may have all the non inn followers, but thats nowhere near as good as being able to pick and choose what you want. I picked up a Treasure Hunter this Wednesday (+100% gold from gold missions ) and will grab a few more over the coming weeks. If I can always have 1-2 of those going on every gold mission I have, thats a lot of passive gold being generated.
    I don't even use my Barn at all, so maybe I should just go back to the Inn.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I use Tavern for its lvl 2 ability to get new followers with specific abilities:
    First get 4 scavengers with different abilities
    Second I get about 5-10 with Epic mount
    Third 1 with Treasure Hunter (Blingtron beware!)

and then try to optimalize followers for top missions (For that I either need to find a guide or something)

I personally would stick with the Tavern until you had all the followers and such

10+ Year Old Account
    I need my inn to create my army of gnome followers!

I also keep those that have gnome lover trait, I'm not racist