Deleted

Is Furnace bugged (heroic) ?

Just wondering, if anyone knows if furnace is currently bugged, we have hit a wall in phase 2.

Were doing phase 1, with heat around 50% . We finish off operators, engi`s, felspar. Then next thing, Heart of mountain is at 100% heat, and we start wiping to blast.

We're killing phase 1 with 3 operators, we can almost do it before 3rd drops, we just don`t seem to have enough bombs to close the doors before 3rd operator lands, so instead we hold off on bombs for 20 seconds to bring operators down to about 50% health before dropping final bombs.

As far as i was aware, once you get to phase 2 , the "cooling down" debuff was supposed to stop him building too much heat in phase 2. But in our attempts, before we even killed the first elementalist, he was at 10% heat...

Any clarification from people who know?
    Last edited by mmoc4f71d8d4d6; 2015-03-02 at 10:36 PM.

Cooling down doesn't come in at phase 2 on live. I saw it on him during phase 3, but didn't notice if it was actually changing the heat. You shouldn't be going directly up to 100 heat upon phasing though, that's probably a glitch of some sort. Heat will continue to rise during phase 2 though and eventually reach max you so you really need to get the elementalists done in one go each.

Deleted
    Yea, we managed to get 1st one down in one go, but he was allready at 100 heat by then, and we died whilst killing 2nd . That was our best attempt

If it's jumping large amount of heat it shouldn't work that way. Otherwise it's just a matter of cleaning up P1. Are the bellows operators the #1 kill target? If you're having heat problems they should be.

It seems that they somehow removed the Cooling Down mechanic from the fight.

Use priest MC in the engineers and do the bombs right, the boss should never go up more than 25%-30% heat in p1. Kill the elementalist in one go, and yes the boss gain heat in p2 so you need to finish that phase asap.

If you are doing this right and the boss reach 100% heat then its a bug.
    Last edited by Clrg; 2015-03-02 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gazmanclown View Post
    Just wondering, if anyone knows if furnace is currently bugged, we have hit a wall in phase 2.

Were doing phase 1, with heat around 50% . We finish off operators, engi`s, felspar. Then next thing, Heart of mountain is at 100% heat, and we start wiping to blast.

We're killing phase 1 with 3 operators, we can almost do it before 3rd drops, we just don`t seem to have enough bombs to close the doors before 3rd operator lands, so instead we hold off on bombs for 20 seconds to bring operators down to about 50% health before dropping final bombs.

As far as i was aware, once you get to phase 2 , the "cooling down" debuff was supposed to stop him building too much heat in phase 2. But in our attempts, before we even killed the first elementalist, he was at 10% heat...

Any clarification from people who know?

The operators only stop heating the furnance at 50% on Mythic because they have double the health. On Heroic they will heat until dead so you can't just dps them to 50%. He constantly gains 1 heat every 5 second in p2(and 2 heat every cast each of the operators do) and the cooling effect is only a part of p3.

Also if you spend 10 minutes in the fight, he will gain 100 heat and remove cooling no matter what.

Just some general tips, but might help

- Get heat regulators down with third engineers, that's enough bombs as long as you have interupts/stuns of engineer for repairs, this also only gives you 2 operators if you are fast enough, if you get the third ones just as you transition, might as well just wipe.

- Cooldown usage on Primals is essential, we made it so we use our big cd's on the first one, small ones on the second (because trinkets were up again), pots on the third and all cooldowns again on the last one, you have to make sure dps saves cooldowns for this as getting them down in one go is essential.

- Stack up firecallers with slag elemental and cleave them down at the same time, security guards can be brought in ones they have dropped a shield (shield does affect firecallers and slags, but not primal elementalist).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    The operators only stop heating the furnance at 50% on Mythic because they have double the health. On Heroic they will heat until dead so you can't just dps them to 50%. He constantly gains 1 heat every 5 second in p2(and 2 heat every cast each of the operators do) and the cooling effect is only a part of p3.

Also if you spend 10 minutes in the fight, he will gain 100 heat and remove cooling no matter what.
    No, sorry, i explained it wrong. We do kill the operators as 1st priority. only delaying we do is to drop the last bomb to shut the doors , we wait till we get operator to about 50% before dropping last bomb, so then we can kill them quicker as phase 2 starts.

The main issue seems to be, is as phase 2 starts, heart has about 50% heat, by the time we`ve killed the first elementalist, he was at 100% . Were either MUCH to slow clearing up adds from phase 1 and 1st elementalist, or hes building heat too quick. I`m not sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gazmanclown View Post
    No, sorry, i explained it wrong. We do kill the operators as 1st priority. only delaying we do is to drop the last bomb to shut the doors , we wait till we get operator to about 50% before dropping last bomb, so then we can kill them quicker as phase 2 starts.

The main issue seems to be, is as phase 2 starts, heart has about 50% heat, by the time we`ve killed the first elementalist, he was at 100% . Were either MUCH to slow clearing up adds from phase 1 and 1st elementalist, or hes building heat too quick. I`m not sure.
    If you transition at 50, you're already doing something wrong. In p2 his only source of heat is from the slag pool, and he gains exactly 1/5 seconds. So you take 250 seconds to kill all p1 adds and 1st elementalist...and that's not good enough.

Deleted
    Yea, thats where i`m a bit lost, we seem to have plenty of dps for it, we nuke operators down in no time, we kill the 1st elementalist in 1 shield drop. I can`t understand how were taking so much time mopping adds up where heart can gain 50 heat.

Just been checking through some warcraft logs, (can`t check ours yet, our guy hasn`t uploaded them) and somthing definilty seems to have altered this reset as far as i can see.

Looking at logs of random heroic furnace attempts from various guilds, from a week or 2 ago. In phase 2 the boss gains "cooling down" and "slag pool" at pretty much the same time (usually around 3 mins) , which is obviously phase 2 starting, he then loses "slag pool" around 8 mins or so depending on the log, which is when phase 3 starts.

In the few logs i checked from either today or last couple of days, at no point in the fight does he gain "cooling down" , he just gains "slag pool" from around the 3 minute mark.

Now , i`m fairly sure, we are a little slow, certainly with mopping up adds from phase 1 going into phase 2, but im not sure were so slow that he would be at 100 heat before we`ve killed the 1st elementalist.
    Last edited by mmoc4f71d8d4d6; 2015-03-03 at 12:17 AM.