Rogue on M Flamebender Ka'graz

Hello guys

Decide to make an account here because the forums seem to be far more knowledgeable than the WoW ones.

Anyway, I am an officer and one of the two rogues in my guild. We class ourselves as casual however we do push Mythinc progression and thus we do put in the effort to better ourselves where we can.

After a night of attempts on M Flamebender we finally downed her, however upon looking up at the logs I became quite displeased with my performance. On cleave fights I usually perform flawlessly but here I felt quite underwhelming.

logs warcraftlogs.com/guilds/10748/
    armory us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Jakub/advanced

I am basically looking for some pointers to what is standing between my 17th percentile and the preferred 80+ percentile

Some general notes:
    * I am fully gemmed for haste, this is something I am sort of speak riding out until I replace my gear with BRF Multistrike gear when I will switch to full Multistrike,or should I bite the bullet and swich 370 haste for 370 multi + weapon enchant.
    * I will be replacing my gloves/chest/shoulders/helm with heroic 4piece within the next clear or two

Thank You in advance for your feedback
    Last edited by IAmJakub; 2015-03-03 at 12:11 AM.

I'm on my phone so I can't really go in depth on your logs. But, you need to consider that there are not many mythic parses right now.

Most rogues who are clearing mythic flamebender probably have their 4pc, at the minimum I would bet 90% of them have their 2 pc. Therefore, the mythic flamebender logs are heavily skewed towards rogues that have their tier bonuses. As a result you're likely to have a pretty low percentile until you get those pieces.

Deleted
    I think it kinda depends on your raid comp tbh. I feel i could have just gone sub for that fight and gained maybe 2mill boss damage over the 400k or so i did on the small dogs. I mostly focused the empowered dogs but at times they were out of cleave range unless i decided to stand in the middle of the fire linking them. You could try delaying Deep insight for the dogs using RvS instead of SS. Maybe after your KS Cloak your debuffs and stand in the center to try and get max dog damage while being immune.

Pretty sure that most of those top level parses had all dogs stacked together and fixated people burning CDs to stay alive. So your "low" dps is likely just related to getting less uptime on 5 targets at once. I presume that you are cleaving with dagger? Also I would regem / enchant to multistrike immediately, you should be playing sub for anything that would merit haste > ms for combat. Nice kill tho!
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Thank You for feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    I presume that you are cleaving with dagger?
    No

Would this be the macro to use?

#showtooltip Blade Flurry
    /equipset [equipped: dagger] combat; cleave
    /cancelaura [equipped: dagger] Blade Flurry
    /cast [noequipped: dagger] Blade Flurry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmJakub View Post
    Thank You for feedback!

No

Would this be the macro to use?

#showtooltip Blade Flurry
    /equipset [equipped: dagger] combat; cleave
    /cancelaura [equipped: dagger] Blade Flurry
    /cast [noequipped: dagger] Blade Flurry
    that or use the /equipslot 16/17 macros

Or you can just make gear sets and pull them out and put them on your bars. my "aoe" combat gear set is just my sub gear.