Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Last night, me and my guild spent 4 hours wiping on a mythic boss in BRF, and we received no loot, no gold, no compensation at all (at least some small, tiny epic would do, like bracers, or a ring)! Do you think we should contact customer support?
    If it looked like you wouldn't be be able to kill this boss from the first 10 min, everyone would have bailed.

Like "Okay, guys, our dps is low, our heals suck and we fail at fire, let's just disband the group and try again tomorrow cause it's not happening today". But since the promise of success is always ahead of you like a carrot on a stick, you keep up with it.

In a bg, you can pretty much tell who is gonna win 5 minutes after start, at least in quite a lot of bgs. So if there was no reward people on the losing team would just bail after they become aware they can't win, why go on for nothing?!

Other team has double your points in SSM, Gilneas, AB or ToK ? Bail, no way you're gonna turn that around.
    Other team has 2 flags in WSG? Bail, no way you're gonna turn that around.
    Other team reached the relic really fast in SOTA? Bail, you won't have the time to turn that around.
    Etc etc etc
    Last edited by mmoc9121972991; 2015-03-04 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    We've come a long way from having to patiently wait for the weekly honor hand out, to being annoyed you didn't get a shiny reward from being stomped 3-0 in a 20min bg..mhmmmm.
    lol this...strong mindset from having to grind 1 million+ honor points to gain 10% into a specific rank for a week to now crying that they didn't get free gear losing 0-3 in a bg. Blizzard sure knows who to cater to.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    It's just consistently 50 CP per win now? Since appearently gearing from BGs was too easy.
    At 6.1 they changed it back to 150/75. Are you saying they changed it AGAIN since then?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Exactly as the title said; I just spent twenty minutes losing horribly in Twin Peaks, a 0-3 loss, with absolutely no honor. Not even a bronze box.

What? Isn't losing supposed to like, at least give you a bronze box to make up for the time spent?
    Welcome to like 9 years of feels for losing! Now what, everyone gets a cupcake and is winner even though.......you're loser! But for real, did you guys get graveyard farmed for 20mins? How do you get zero honor, not even 1 honorable kill?

10+ Year Old Account
    Losers shouldn't get a reward. That's what encourages botting. It's okay if you lose, you still get a reward. It's okay to bot and make your team lose, you still get a reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arancor View Post
    Kind of strange how Blizzard has promoted the attitude that you should get rewarded for losing in PvP

They should just add MMR to random BGs so you don't get matched against enemies with far better gear than you and grant NO REWARD AT ALL to the losing team (aside the honor from kills/objectives).
    This exactly. What a pathetic community this game has bred. You should get nothing for a loss.

Deleted
    Lets look at a more serious problem:

Why do you feel you should be rewarded when losing with 3-0?

I always think leveling is terrible. Then I try to gear up with bgs and I realise I was wrong. I really do understand OP's point. When you are undergeared - try as you might - you're useless. With my rogue which hit 100 not too long ago, I cap sap and blind a person while dpsing another, but I can't kill anyone alone (unless they are equally geared). Flag carrier with healer? No fucking way

The reason OP wants more honor from losing is because his undergeared char will continue to be undergeared. You can try the hardest on your team to turn the tables but for all your effort, you gain nothing. Personally, I find it quite depressing to be undergeared, losing, dying all the time, be unable to provide anything but cc. I mean, what kind of person actually wouldn't mind losing (and not getting honor) with 600 ilvl and still think "oh my, I did deserve to lose this!" I certainly can't and I doubt I could be friends with those masochists.

He wants the the gearing of a fresh 100 to feel better and less like torture but some people just read "everyone in this game want everything on a silver plate! You lost because you are a loser! L2P! Filled with spoiled brats! Back in my days we grinded for 20 hours straight potential death be damned, and we also walked to school. Uphills. In snow. Today's youth!" *shakes fist* *blood pressure through the roof*

in tl:dr

Gearing up = crawling through hell on your stomach - please make the crawling last a shorter time.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I always think leveling is terrible. Then I try to gear up with bgs and I realise I was wrong. I really do understand OP's point. When you are undergeared - try as you might - you're useless. With my rogue which hit 100 not too long ago, I cap sap and blind a person while dpsing another, but I can't kill anyone alone (unless they are equally geared). Flag carrier with healer? No fucking way

The reason OP wants more honor from losing is because his undergeared char will continue to be undergeared. You can try the hardest on your team to turn the tables but for all your effort, you gain nothing. Personally, I find it quite depressing to be undergeared, losing, dying all the time, be unable to provide anything but cc. I mean, what kind of person actually wouldn't mind losing (and not getting honor) with 600 ilvl and still think "oh my, I did deserve to lose this!" I certainly can't and I doubt I could be friends with those masochists.

He wants the the gearing of a fresh 100 to feel better and less like torture but some people just read "everyone in this game want everything on a silver plate! You lost because you are a loser! L2P! Filled with spoiled brats! Back in my days we grinded for 20 hours straight potential death be damned, and we also walked to school. Uphills. In snow. Today's youth!" *shakes fist* *blood pressure through the roof*

in tl:dr

Gearing up = crawling through hell on your stomach - please make the crawling last a shorter time.
    All he had to do was cap 1 flag and he would have gotten a chance at some gear. Have we really gone to the point of handing out rewards for literally doing nothing in a battleground? Why would anyone try if they can get gear scoring zero objectives?

I'm sorry but this has been the easiest in 10 years of wow to gear out in pvp.

Kind of strange how Blizzard has promoted the attitude that you should get rewarded for losing in PvP

They should just add MMR to random BGs so you don't get matched against enemies with far better gear than you and grant NO REWARD AT ALL to the losing team (aside the honor from kills/objectives).
    If there is no reward for losing then it just encourages people to AFK or desert when things go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

The box is a reward for the result.
    If your team sucked due to intentional poor performance (meter humping, screwing around etc) then the result is justified.
    The game cannot differentiate though between that and simply having your ass handed to you by a better team.
    Its meant to encourage effort even if there would be a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    If there is no reward for losing then it just encourages people to AFK or desert when things go wrong.
    Exactly.
    The reward should be less than it is at present.
    It is still too rewarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Exactly.
    The reward should be less than it is at present.
    It is still too rewarding.
    The reward, as it stands, is too low. It's faster and easier to get honor gear in Ashran, and once you are past that stage the compensation in a random BG you don't win is almost worthless.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I dunno View Post
    15 min deserter is much better than working your ass off only to lose.
    I'm there for the fun of the fight. Yesterday in Strand, this resto shaman and I (resto druid) just past blue gate, occupied 6 alliance for a long time, we both died shortly after the rest broke down the last gate and were heading toward the door. Mind you, that wasn't a ton of HKs (grinding for blood thirsty) but it was fun knowing we were going to win, just because some dopes had a hardon for us.

But if you are in a 0-X BG and your team is crap (sometimes, we don't give a shit about score) and you don't even get any fun PVP going... that's when it really sucks. I have no problem losing a 0-3 WSG or TP, if I'm able to farm mid 8 on 8 for 24 minutes with a hundred kills. To me, that's a good time. Hell, I'm even queing FOR AV now, since Horde seem to be winning it now, with turtles. god, i fucking love it.

Deleted
    I know that BG should be played for fun, but, come on, people have more fun when the outcome is uncertain .
    If players know that, no matter how well they perform, they won't get anything from a loss, they will shift to full troll/fun mode the moment they see they are at disadvantage.

I did some random BGs and a few games in a row asked anyone who wasn't a bot to type in chat. Most responses I got was 3. Best way to win is to mess with the bots. You can easily get a crowd of them to fight you in useless spots. For example, it's pretty fun to get the entire team stuck on the beach. Next time someone yells why is our entire team still on the beach head down to take a look and I bet a healer is herding them around like cattle.

You diden't even play to the acceptable level the game would consider giving you a reward. Maybe try hard next time?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    No, you lost. Try harder next time.
    qft

limit

Deleted
    If you do anything in this game just for the reward instead of doing it because its fun its really just bad design. I can't even see the reason for random BGs anymore if people just do it to gear up for "the real stuff".

Another idea I could come up with is to just remove the 660 ilvl tier of PvP gear (no idea why they even introduced that), make all leveling gear scale up to ilvl 660 instead of 650 and introduce a max ilvl of 675 in random BGs, so purple gear gets downscaled from 690 to 675.

Honestly, what is the reason of doing random BGs if you only get stomped in your bad leveling gear, and once you have the gear that actually makes you competitive in random BGs you don't even do them anymore because you did them just to gear up in the first place.

To sum it up: The potential difference in ilvl is just too big in random BGs. If you can't solve it via MMR (because I can see the point that queue times will increase a lot), just squash the ilvl differences more.

You really underestimate how easy can get full set of 675 Honor gear doing ashran 1-2 days.I was there to cap my conquest and for that time i earn 39k honor points just to cap near 12k conquest.You do not need to do the damn side events to get the honor gear there
    And how the hell the game last 20 mins.Aint there is 15 mins timer ??
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2015-03-06 at 09:55 PM.

yeah uh if you want rewards do ashran for 620 gear then go into arenas or RBGs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    yeah uh if you want rewards do ashran for 620 gear then go into arenas or RBGs
    So basically kill random BGs? The thing is that one player often enough can't drag 9 others out of the mud yet they get nil just the same. It helps to demotivate people and keep them from doing random BGs and that really can't be the goal.