[Balance] Performance on Blackhand

I went to see Blackhand HC for the first time yesterday and the fight is amazing, but I'm concerned about my performance there as Boomkin. With 676-level gear, with all the running around (jumping to the balconies, running from stuff falling from the roof, being Marked for Death), my DPS is pretty abysmal outside the moments when I'm on the balconies doing DoT-frenzy on the adds. Any tips for improving performance on this boss with all the movement?

10+ Year Old Account
    The best boomkin on my server in our ilvl bracket (I'm 673) did 28k on a H Blackhand kill. So I'm actually right there with you but according to the parses on Warcraftlogs, so is basically every other boomkin. We're not amazing in high mobility fights. I do have a feeling that getting to P3 with lust and CDs will help boost my own DPS to be more on par with where I should be than where it sits most wipes at the end of P2 / beginning of P3.

Looks like it, I've been pulling between 23 and 27k depending on how lucky I was with Marks. And people seem to bring at least two Boomkins for this on Mythic. Any reason why?

It's because Starfall wrecks the balconies in Phase 2 even after the big nerf. It's worth having lower single-target DPS to reduce the load on the healers in that phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr View Post
    Looks like it, I've been pulling between 23 and 27k depending on how lucky I was with Marks. And people seem to bring at least two Boomkins for this on Mythic. Any reason why?
    Same reason many top guilds stacked mages (arcane) for Spine of Deathwing in DS. They were perfect for the role. We fill that niche of being able to cleave shit quickly almost as good as Varok Saurfang. Plus we have sustainable dps to boot. Though, my guild has been using pallies + dks on top since I am the designated siege kiter; helps prevent less mobile dps (or healers) from being chosen at the cost of some of my dps.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    It's because Starfall wrecks the balconies in Phase 2 even after the big nerf.
    So do Warriors, Combat Rogues and Hunters. And they can outperform any Boomkin when downstairs, I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr View Post
    So do Warriors, Combat Rogues and Hunters. And they can outperform any Boomkin when downstairs, I think.
    You miss the point why starfall is great up there. Keyword is spread aoe

Not even that. Keyword is Nature's Vigil. With Starfall and DoTs, boomkins are said to be self-sustainable on the balconies, which means you can keep your healers down in what seems to be a very healing intensive phase.

Deleted
    phase 1 and 2 really doesn't matter. phase 3 dps is what matters.

Well that's simply not true. Phase 2 is a very important part of the fight that hugely determines how phase 3 goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are pretty shit for doing dps while moving. Phase 2 we do well because of starfall and phase 3 we can do better single target than phase 1 because its not as bad for moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

This will depend on your healers somewhat, but you can probably reduce your movement severely in Phase 1. You do not have to move from the little swirls, they do 20-30k damage at most and assuming you are doing things properly and have a healing cd or two running, there is no reason to try to dodge them. All you have to do is move 15-20 yards away from the big orange circle and then stand still and dps until the next one. And assuming your raid doesn't all move together then a good many of the orange circles will spawn out of your range already and so you barely have to move.

Phase 2 to increase your dps, if they want you on balconies, soak the first smash but jump right down and help with the siegemaker. And then go up and stay up on the 2nd, 3rd, so on. There's usually only 4-5 adds on the first one and generally a tank can solo most of them or maybe with the help of one mdps. So jump down and use your dmg to help get the siege maker killed before it spawns fire. Starfall needs to run it's course for maximum damage so make sure you aren't overkilling the balconies with too many strong dps.

My guild uses 2 boomkins (1 for each side) to do each side so my dps (683 ilvl) is low around 31-33k because while im up there after i full dot and starfall im spamming healing touch on myself. Its a pretty efficient way to do things. Alot of your top parsers are gonna have high seige dmg and wont be going up except maybe to solo a side with full hots (ie no worry about self heals).

Watched Nihilum do Blackhand Mythic today, Kungen kept claiming top guilds also stack Druids for Stampeding Roar.