Thread: Stone of Fire

Deleted

Stone of Fire

Anyone got any info about how good/bad this trinket is? I was hoarding loads of mats to make one but noticed they've swapped the Mastery on it for Versatility so am in two minds as to whether or not to bother wasting all the mats on it now. The saving grace ofc, would be the insane proc of 1350 intellect but I can't find any info on the rate for it. I know that previous alchemy trinkets had really nice proc rates making them worth it even though they didn't come with any primary stats, but i'm thinking this is going to have to be seriously good if it's going to beat any of the HC mode BRF trinkets and possibly even their normal mode counterparts...

All help is appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this relates to Elemental Shamans

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhelm View Post
    Anyone got any info about how good/bad this trinket is? I was hoarding loads of mats to make one but noticed they've swapped the Mastery on it for Versatility so am in two minds as to whether or not to bother wasting all the mats on it now. The saving grace ofc, would be the insane proc of 1350 intellect but I can't find any info on the rate for it. I know that previous alchemy trinkets had really nice proc rates making them worth it even though they didn't come with any primary stats, but i'm thinking this is going to have to be seriously good if it's going to beat any of the HC mode BRF trinkets and possibly even their normal mode counterparts...

All help is appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this relates to Elemental Shamans
    Looks like a horrible trinket, especially since the BRF trinkets are extremely good.

I definitely wouldn't craft it.

Deleted
    665 blackirons micro crucible,680 Soul Repository and 680 Unstable talisman seems to be slightly better upgrades than Stone of Fire. But apart from that its only Mythic versions that sim higher for me.
    I guess it is a fine trinket if you are not expecting to get the other BRF heroic trinkets within a forseeable future.

I remember seeing an sim somewhere on this forum, that this trinket was out performing every single mythic trinket when it was mastery, after it's changed to versitility, it's still out performing every heroic trinket up until the kromog one.

If anyone could do a sim for all the trinkets again + stone of fire with the newest sim, that would be great.

The ICD is approximately 45seconds, and it tends to proc every 50 seconds or so. Uptime is comparable, and nearly identical, to a .92 RPPM trinket.

Simulations for both Elemental suggest that it is on par, but slighly below the other 680 trinket and the two 685 trinkets. This is rather intuitive considering haste, crit, and mulststrike are very strong for elemental.

For Enhancement it is inferior to the 680 trinkets, but produces very close results to all the 680 trinkets (other than dragonspine) and 685 Scales of Doom (my sims were within 100 dps of each other). So it's simply a matter of mediocre DR and slightly higher burst vs. more sustained damage from higher base agi.

Quote Originally Posted by 16dots View Post
    I remember seeing an sim somewhere on this forum, that this trinket was out performing every single mythic trinket when it was mastery, after it's changed to versitility, it's still out performing every heroic trinket up until the kromog one.

If anyone could do a sim for all the trinkets again + stone of fire with the newest sim, that would be great.

TE is talking about Elemental not Enhancment

I guess would the Alchy trinket good or better als the BRF one´s it would be in our BiS list wich the Alchy one is not:

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=346/ele...-lists-tier-17