Please correct me if I am wrong.

With the 4 set you want to use anger management and Avatar and Blood bath are basically equal?

Depends on the length of the fight. Shorter the fight, the less amount of avatars, the better bloodbath is. Vice Versa for avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

With the 4 set you want to use anger management and Avatar and Blood bath are basically equal?
    As far as I understand. I stick with Avatar typically, because it is less to micro manage, and I just prefer direct damage vs bleeds (think of the times that execute bloodbath-->boss dies so full bleed doesn't tick vs avatar you get the direct damage.

thank you, I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    As far as I understand. I stick with Avatar typically, because it is less to micro manage, and I just prefer direct damage vs bleeds (think of the times that execute bloodbath-->boss dies so full bleed doesn't tick vs avatar you get the direct damage.
    Well really, if the boss dies before Avatar buff wears off, you didn't get the full benefit of it either!

That said, I agree with you, despite Bloodbath performing better for some gear setups, I prefer Avatar simply because it is less to micromanage. To get the most of of Bloodbath you need to be able to use it correctly once a minute, which simply means more opportunities for something to go wrong. This may sound defeatist, but I had a 7 streak no BT crit last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    This may sound defeatist, but I had a 7 streak no BT crit last night.
    Know the feel...

Depends on your gear. I'm pretty much BiS pre Mythic BRF (682 ilvl, trinkets, 4 set, 680 1hs) and Avatar is only a 60 dps (+0.15%) gain using simcraft. Your average dps fluctuates more based on RNG and playstyle than what talent you take. Its also dependent on fight length.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    This may sound defeatist, but I had a 7 streak no BT crit last night.
    I tend to just stare at my screen, baffled, when my BT refuse to crit 5+ times in a row at 30%+ crit , I call borked. Sitting there hoping "surely next one will crit" *cake was a lie*

On topic, I like Avatar>BB as well, getting abit bigger and turn to steel (or w/e it's supposed to be) is a + as well.
    Last edited by nowish; 2015-03-06 at 04:11 AM.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

avatar because we become bigger and look better

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I agree with all the the pro Avatar reasoning above. It just feels so much more fun and cool to me and really is a highlight of an otherwise fairly boring class. I really enjoy seeing huge numbers popping up on my screen and my character getting bigger and turning to steel or w/e. Much more fun than BB imo.

Deleted
    I like Avatar. If I wanted more bleeds, I'd play Feral.

It also lines up perfectly with Scabbard.

I tend to prefer BB, simply because it's easier to line up with Vial.

I've basically come to the following conclusion:

With Scabbard:
    With anger management, Bloodbath (every 2nd will roughly line up)
    Without anger management, Avatar (every one will line up)

With Vial, no scabbard assumed:
    With anger management, Avatar (every 2nd will be reasonably close)
    Without anger management, Bloodbath (every one will line up)

With no vial, and no scabbard:
    Bloodbath slightly wins. There may be some examples of very specific intervals where avatar would win, but I'm having trouble finding them.

ex: Logically right after your second recked avatar you would think it would be winning, but here's what you have:
    0:00 - 12 seconds of 30%
    1:00 - 12 seconds of 30%
    2:00 - 12 seconds of 30%
    3:00 - 12 seconds of 30%
    Fight ends at 3:30, putting total at 48 seconds of 30%

vs
    0:00 - 20 seconds of 20%
    1:30 - 20 seconds of 20%
    3:00 - 20 seconds of 20%
    Fight ends at 3:30, for a total of 60 seconds of 20%.

Counting bloodbath time as 1.5x avatar time, bloodbath wins by a mile at 72 seconds of value.

The next logical step would be after the 4th avatar, which adds 1 more avatar but only 1 more bloodbath, for 60 seconds of 30% vs 80 seconds of 20%, where bloodbath clearly wins again. The next avatar after that adds 2 bloodbath for the one avatar, making it not even close.

tl;dr I can't find a way for avatar to win outside of a sub-2-minute fight unless it lines up with cd's better

10+ Year Old Account
    All of this is assuming bloodbath and avatar do the same thing. Avatar is ALL damage, where bloodbath is SPECIAL ABILITY damage.