Why does my AoE dps suck?

Hey guys!

So I'm relatively new to boomkin (only about 4 weeks playing), been a healer for most of my WoW career and I'm still learning casting dps. It seems that my single target dps is pretty okay, but my aoe dps sucks balls.

Pretty much what I've been doing is spamming moonfire/sunfire on all adds (using a mouseover macro for that) and spamming starfire/reapplying dots. Even when my procs are good, my dps is still shit. My parses are pretty horrible for someone with my ilvl. So i was curious, am I doing something wrong with my rotation?

Being registered recently means I cant post direct links yet but heres a link to my parses warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/5421210/latest/#boss=0

My dps on aoe fights is just extremely lackluster and I'm not sure why. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Genehackmen; 2015-03-04 at 07:15 PM.

For AoE fights or AoE situations you only need to get both moonfire +sunfire on all mobs and make sure starfall is continuously rolling if there are >3 targets (usually) then continue with your normal cycle of hard casting. Never spam moonfire or sunfire on mobs.

Your sunfire and moonfire uptime is very low as well, it should be atleast 96 % + and even that is low. On some of your fights it goes down to 85 %^.

Try to maintain sunfire and moonfire all on mobs every fight, starfall rolling if >3 targets (usually) and hardcast as much as you can, doing it will increase your AoE dps and overall dps on these fights in general.

ahh I see. So just keep moonfire/sunfire dots up on all targets constantly, then continue with single target and using all my charges on starfall?

Thanks for the help!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genehackmen View Post
    Hey guys!

So I'm relatively new to boomkin (only about 4 weeks playing), been a healer for most of my WoW career and I'm still learning casting dps. It seems that my single target dps is pretty okay, but my aoe dps sucks balls.

Pretty much what I've been doing is spamming moonfire/sunfire on all adds (using a mouseover macro for that) and spamming starfire/reapplying dots. Even when my procs are good, my dps is still shit. My parses are pretty horrible for someone with my ilvl. So i was curious, am I doing something wrong with my rotation?

Being registered recently means I cant post direct links yet but heres a link to my parses warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/5421210/latest/#boss=0

My dps on aoe fights is just extremely lackluster and I'm not sure why. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Hey, just a quick add on to the other help, make sure you take the glyph guided stars as otherwise starfall only targets the mobs you have moonfire etc on which isn't optimal on most aoe boss fights. That's a large dps gain there if you haven't got that glypg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genehackmen View Post
    Hey guys!

Thanks!
    You need to also consider that mobs that don't last long will drop your numbers considerably. So if this is the case, don't use it as a reference to bad dps.