Mythic Beastlord Rend and Tear Help.

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to limit our melees rend and tear damage. Our melee are taking a lot of damage during the fight our best attempt was 2%.

Here is our logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...PK#view=replay
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/A4gGKxjYThncMHmk

Should the melee be running further out? Tanks not moving? We are having some difficulties here. Thanks for the help!

The boss jumps back at the tank spot, having your melee on max range on the back of the boss and running a little more when the boss jumps should help, also if the rangeds are too close to the boss the melee won't have time to run as the boss will finish the jump flytime quickly.
    If someone get too many stacks you can BoP him to clear it.
    That’s what I do, Zoggosh. I think good.

If you have problems, mark your Tanks with a symbol and teach them to keep still while he's jumping around. Melees can't do anything against the debuff if the tank is moving into them.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    If you have problems, mark your Tanks with a symbol and teach them to keep still while he's jumping around. Melees can't do anything against the debuff if the tank is moving into them.
    This

Melees can avoid any single debuff. they just need to make sure to run away from the tank whenever the boss is jumping, and move back when the boss is back.
    Marking the tanks helps a lot, as said above

Can't check into logs at the moment, but if your melee are dying to R&T, they're not getting far enough away from the tank. Mark both of your tanks and designate a direction for the active tank to move for each leap of R&T; the inactive tank and all melee should move the opposite direction of the active tank. That will fix R&T damage.

Since I don't have time to check logs, I can't make any other suggestions on things that might be going wrong
    Jjmackey - Protection Warrior
    WCL Rankings | Incarnate of US-Ner'zhul
    7/7M EN - US 20th | 3/3M ToV - US 15th | 10/10M NH - US 16th

If your ranged are too close then the distance the boss has to jump is crazy short and it gives melee very little time to react. Make sure they are suitably far back.

Deleted
    You certainly don't want tanks moving during a leap. Melee simply need to move slightly back (sometimes helps to move a little towards where the boss/wolf leaps) as the rend is a full frontal cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    You certainly don't want tanks moving during a leap. Melee simply need to move slightly back (sometimes helps to move a little towards where the boss/wolf leaps) as the rend is a full frontal cleave.
    It's a radius cleave, not frontal cone.

Mark tanks and let melee use /range 7, and they will have an easy time seeing if they're within a tanks range at the range-radar.
    The more simple way is just to run a bit away when he jumps, and then run back in.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    It's a radius cleave, not frontal cone.
    I didn't say it was a cone, but nor is it a full radius AoE. I don't get hit by it simply by making sure I'm behind it when it leaps back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    I didn't say it was a cone, but nor is it a full radius AoE. I don't get hit by it simply by making sure I'm behind it when it leaps back.
    You are 100% incorrect. It's a full radius cleave centered on the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    You are 100% incorrect. It's a full radius cleave centered on the tank.
    Centered on where the tank was at the time the second leap back is cast. Monks and warriors can time this such that he lands in the original spot while they roll/leap away to avoid stacks.

Cinderwolf's Rend and Tear will always hit at least one player. If no one is in the 7yd impact zone it will hit the next closest target with the debuff. Darmac's Rend and Tear is 100% avoidable by all (assuming your tank is Rolling/leaping to avoid it).